Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Had my best week yet by far (104 points) so reluctant to make changes but still thinking of DCL to Watkins purely on the basis of the next few fixtures. Zaha to Grealish also another option but reluctant if it seems Zaha is on form and might haul again.
    Sitting at McCarthy
    Zouma-Versterguard-Cancelo
    Jota-KdB-Bruno-Zaha (Soucek)
    Bamford-DCL-Kane

Is DCL to Watkins worth the punt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Morzadec wrote: »
    Curious what non-Salah owners are thinking?

Klopp has strongly hinted at rotation over the Fulham/Spurs/Palace games which take place over 6 days. Spurs is obviously the big one, so could possibly see Salah being rested for Fulham or at least having his minutes restricted. He's then up against Spurs next who have been really effective at parking the bus lately - I could still see Salah scoring but a haul is unlikely.

So after contemplating a -8 to get him back in, I've gone to thinking that maybe I've already been punished in Wolves game and can risk another 2 weeks without him.

I am getting him in based on below

1) he is a greedy player in general, he wants goals and records, what better chance than vs Fulham

2) Klopp knows this and does genuinely tend to play him 95% + of games.

3) Salah had 2 - 2.5 weeks off with his Egypt and covid carry on, he has played 60 mins vs Brighton then 1 week later 90 mins vs wolves. `May have played in CL in between but I cant recall. Point is he is not knackered by any means. Unlike Bruno say who looked shattered yday

4) if he doesnt play tonight which is likely, he is getting another 7 days rest after wolves but before Fulham. This is a good thing in terms of his chances of starting vs Fulham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I am getting him in based on below

1) he is a greedy player in general, he wants goals and records, what better chance than vs Fulham

2) Klopp knows this and does genuinely tend to play him 95% + of games.

3) Salah had 2 - 2.5 weeks off with his Egypt and covid carry on, he has played 60 mins vs Brighton then 1 week later 90 mins vs wolves. `May have played in CL in between but I cant recall. Point is he is not knackered by any means. Unlike Bruno say who looked shattered yday

4) if he doesnt play tonight which is likely, he is getting another 7 days rest after wolves but before Fulham. This is a good thing in terms of his chances of starting vs Fulham

He will start at Fulham, must keep match sharpness but could see Jota replacing him then for those thinking of shipping Jota.

Had a thought last night of going kdb to Salah as planned. Kdb record Vs United is not great and last few games low scoring but then united seem very loose at the back this year so I don't want to miss out. Maybebruno the man to go but again he seems to be a magnet for points regardless of result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Morzadec wrote: »
    Curious what non-Salah owners are thinking?

Klopp has strongly hinted at rotation over the Fulham/Spurs/Palace games which take place over 6 days. Spurs is obviously the big one, so could possibly see Salah being rested for Fulham or at least having his minutes restricted. He's then up against Spurs next who have been really effective at parking the bus lately - I could still see Salah scoring but a haul is unlikely.

So after contemplating a -8 to get him back in, I've gone to thinking that maybe I've already been punished in Wolves game and can risk another 2 weeks without him.

Was all set to get him in for -4 but not sure now. Hard to sell KDB or Bruno and then would have to downgrade Werner as well. Torn between going without and -4 (KDB/Werner to Salah/Ings)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah as others said, this is the month to have a solid front 8. You'll be lucky any week that they all play

Would you say that the same for a strong 15, I've seen teams with strong front 8, but have no playing sub keeper and a non playing defender. Defenders are equally likely to get injured/rotated, and need replacing, so should have at least 2 player defenders - be it both 4.3m players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Would you say that the same for a strong 15, I've seen teams with strong front 8, but have no playing sub keeper and a non playing defender. Defenders are equally likely to get injured/rotated, and need replacing, so should have at least 2 player defenders - be it both 4.3m players.

Well I'm not advocating wasting budget where it doesn't need to, but definetly having subs that you're happy if they come in. And I don't have a playing GK. GK's getting rotated is too rare for me to worry about spending another .5 - if there's a Covid scare I might transfer. My 15 at the moment is

Mendy (fodder)
    Robertson Cancelo Chilwell (Lamptey, Bednarek)
    Grealish Salah Fernandes Son (Soucek)
    Wilson Watkins DCL

There's no hard decisions to make any week, but assuming everyone gets rotated over Christmas, I'll have players coming in who could threaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

That has to be a first :)

Bielsa just shared his starting XI for tomorrow

“ Rodrigo Moreno is going to come in for Llorente. The XI is going to be: Meslier, Dallas, Ayling, Cooper, Alioski, Phillips, Klich, Moreno, Raphinha, Bamford and Harrison."

Chesty08 wrote: »

“ Rodrigo Moreno is going to come in for Llorente. The XI is going to be: Meslier, Dallas, Ayling, Cooper, Alioski, Phillips, Klich, Moreno, Raphinha, Bamford and Harrison."

They play on Friday no? Tomorrow is Thursday. But hey early leak is probably not worse or better than late leak :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Chesty08 wrote: »

Ayling has to play centre back due to injuries which limits his threat. Dallas is probably full back?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    He will start at Fulham, must keep match sharpness but could see Jota replacing him then for those thinking of shipping Jota.

Had a thought last night of going kdb to Salah as planned. Kdb record Vs United is not great and last few games low scoring but then united seem very loose at the back this year so I don't want to miss out. Maybebruno the man to go but again he seems to be a magnet for points regardless of result.

I think Man City could give Man Utd a bit of a hiding - especially if they get off to a good start. I have Sterling and KDB and I am fairly confident one or both could get something in the game. Whether both start is another question.

I am a bit torn whether to get rid of Sterling for Fernandes gw13 as Man City have a fairly nice run of fixtures excluding Everton and Chelsea until gw22.

But,no point in having an 11m plus player like Sterling if he will not start at least 3 out of every 4 fixtures. Or at least have some sort of pattern to it. If he starts and does well gw12 I will have a decision to make.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Good news for Wilson owners/anyone who is thinking of getting him

Newcastle United players will train as a group this afternoon in seemingly the clearest indication yet that they will return to action on Saturday against West Brom.

The United training ground re-opened on Tuesday with the team training in small groups.

And on Wednesday the whole group will train together as preparations continue as if the match will go ahead. Newcastle also confirmed referee Darren England would take charge of the 3pm kick-off in another sign the game appears to be on.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-move-suggest-west-19426756

I am a proud owner. I love the guy

Good news for Wilson owners/anyone who is thinking of getting him

Newcastle United players will train as a group this afternoon in seemingly the clearest indication yet that they will return to action on Saturday against West Brom.

The United training ground re-opened on Tuesday with the team training in small groups.

And on Wednesday the whole group will train together as preparations continue as if the match will go ahead. Newcastle also confirmed referee Darren England would take charge of the 3pm kick-off in another sign the game appears to be on.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-move-suggest-west-19426756

I am a proud owner. I love the guy

Pity there's no info on if he is isolating or not

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

mectavba wrote: »
    Could't disagree with this more to be honest. I have a similarly strong front 8 that is going to give me a headache each week, BUT with the risk of COVID, Xmas rotation, more muscular injuries etc, this is the season to have a strong squad and if you end up with some points on your bench, so be it.

The success of so many cheap strikers is also making this possible quite easily.

Yea good point over the busy Christmas schedule.
    I’ve had Soucek and KWP/Dallas as two sub options this season and haven’t had them come on for me so I guess I’m having luck with injuries.
    Got stung last gw with Martinez though so I’ll get a sub keeper in instead of a 4.0 option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I think Man City could give Man Utd a bit of a hiding - especially if they get off to a good start. I have Sterling and KDB and I am fairly confident one or both could get something in the game. Whether both start is another question.

I am a bit torn whether to get rid of Sterling for Fernandes gw13 as Man City have a fairly nice run of fixtures excluding Everton and Chelsea until gw22.

But,no point in having an 11m plus player like Sterling if he will not start at least 3 out of every 4 fixtures. Or at least have some sort of pattern to it. If he starts and does well gw12 I will have a decision to make.

People thought the same last season and Utd beat them 3 times often in worse form than they are in now. they always win the games you dont expect and lose games you expect them to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rumours Salah is starting this evening in Europe. That would change things a lot.

People thought the same last season and Utd beat them 3 times often in worse form than they are in now. they always win the games you dont expect and lose games you expect them to win!

Ole is like a cat. and his 9 lives are up.

I expect rested city to win by 2 goals or so, with knackered Bruno struggling (he looked REALLY tired there yesterday) .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I can see myself ending up with Mane before the week is out...

I can see myself ending up with Mane before the week is out...

Seems like the safer option. I could see Klopp saying Mo had covid recently needs to managed carefully - which is code for it is only Fulham we didn't need him.

Unfortunately I have already got Salah in for a -4 and captained him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭maximo31

Interesting from Twitter :
    https://twitter.com/plfantasy/status/1336742035961901057?s=03
    Makes me think Salah should be good for the weekend bar injury.

maximo31 wrote: »
    Interesting from Twitter :
    https://twitter.com/plfantasy/status/1336742035961901057?s=03
    Makes me think Salah should be good for the weekend bar injury.

There are some other considerations. This is a dead rubber game. The game that people are considering him a potential risk for is 3 days before a game against a legitimate title contender.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    There are some other considerations. This is a dead rubber game. The game that people are considering him a potential risk for is 3 days before a game against a legitimate title contender.

Salah is playing the full 90 as well. Really makes me doubt captaining him now.
    Might end up going Robertson!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm actually thinking that now too. If I don't get Salah ,I don't really have any other decent captaincy options apart from Jota but can't be sure he'll play. Fulham have been scoring at home though so Pool could well concede. Maybe I just go with KDB or Bruno. Bit of a head fcuk this week.

I’m wondering who the best captain is now if not Salah. Not a great week for it with the Manchester clubs against each other. I’m left with either Vardy or Son I think.

CSF wrote: »
    I’m wondering who the best captain is now if not Salah. Not a great week for it with the Manchester clubs against each other. I’m left with either Vardy or Son I think.

You are grand if Son starts, surely Palace would give up a few goals.

I'm actually thinking that now too. If I don't get Salah ,I don't really have any other decent captaincy options apart from Jota but can't be sure he'll play. Fulham have been scoring at home though so Pool could well concede. Maybe I just go with KDB or Bruno. Bit of a head fcuk this week.

Yeah exactly all those things have crossed my mind - I have no Bruno though so it is probably worse.

If I captain Salah and he does not start, worst case scenario comes on for a 0 point after a 20 min cameo and a booking. At least I would not have been the only one.

However, if Salah starts and gets a hattrick and I have captained someone else I would be raging.

Klopp is becoming like pep :(

I'll still end up getting Salah out of fear sadly. It is possible that Salah needed another 90 minutes in the legs for match sharpness after covid and a good one to do it in where result does not matter.

Even if he doesn't start the weekend, if it is 1-0/2-0 he will come on. I mean what other options are there?! Get son and capt him against a palace side that can park the bus? Keep vardy and capt him at Brighton? Glad I waited in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Fitz* wrote: »

So close to making that move tonight, decided to leave it until friday - bullet dodged.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mane in instead of Salah is now a strong consideration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

F1ngers wrote: »
    So close to making that move tonight, decided to leave it until friday - bullet dodged.

Is it just me or is Aguero going to drop in price tonight?

Advertisement