Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Fitz* wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Aguero going to drop in price tonight?

FPLstatistics has him at -104% alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Seen enough to convince me Salah plays some part over the weekend. Also I see Callum wilson has an Instagram post up training so I think my initial thought is what I will go with. Vardy has a superb record against Brighton but I'll hope for the best.

If there's no rises tomorrow I will wait till Friday to do it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Seen enough to convince me Salah plays some part over the weekend. Also I see Callum wilson has an Instagram post up training so I think my initial thought is what I will go with. Vardy has a superb record against Brighton but I'll hope for the best.

If there's no rises tomorrow I will wait till Friday to do it though.
    So you're actually transferring Salah and Wilson in this week rather than keeping them?

CSF wrote: »
    So you're actually transferring Salah and Wilson in this week rather than keeping them?

Yes I think so. I have got Ziyech who's injured. My midfield would be Bruno / KDB / Jota (Bissouma). I think a hit for Salah pays off. Wilson longer term will be good I think. What's your opinion? Salah gives me serious fear, and not having son or kane doesn't help that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    2 FT this week

Taughts on below
    Foden Werner Vardy out
    KDB Bamford Watkins IN

Leave front line like this
    Grealish Salah Bruno KDB(Mendy)
    DCL Bamford Watkins

Watkins has tasty fixtures as does KDB

Leaves 1.4 in the bank to upgrade a defender for next GW

Taughts???

Tempted to go with this instead

Son Bamford IN
    Foden Werner OUT

Leaving KDB straight swap with Salah for GW 13
    Reverting back to Salah for GW14 taughts??

Worth getting Son in ?
    Or KDB for the Derby?

this also leaves Vardy in for 2 home games

• Advertisement

Yes I think so. I have got Ziyech who's injured. My midfield would be Bruno / KDB / Jota (Bissouma). I think a hit for Salah pays off. Wilson longer term will be good I think. What's your opinion? Salah gives me serious fear, and not having son or kane doesn't help that.

I was dead set on bringing in Salah this week and Wilson is appealing to me in other circumstances given their fixture lists and inevitable DGW.

But I won’t do it yet given quite reasonable doubts over Salah starting (of course they’re only doubts but they’re big enough to me), and Newcastle being a big gigantic mess who are missing a large percentage of their squad and have missed a lot of training.

I’m considering now doing a boring Cancelo out for Dier transfer, so that I’ve a little bit of extra funding so I can get some slightly better players in when I downgrade others to fund Salah later.

I still anticipate being on a Salah/KDB/Bruno/Son/Grealish midfield by the end of next weekend so if this weekend is the last time I have to fear one of these guys up against captainable opponents, then I think it coming after him having played 90 3 days before, with a title 6 pointer 3 days after, then I think one more bout of captain fear is probably bearable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I feel like this is the GW the casuals win.

Some much doubt over Salah that it's entirely reasonable to not considering bringing him in and captaining him.

Casuals who pay little to no attention won't even look at it other than the fixture and probably monster haul.

I'm following the casuals, bringing him in and captaining

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Ros1234

@ Dubliner28, If you have Werner and Vardy currently, I'd nearly sell Vardy first, Chelsea are creating alot more chances than Leicester. Although Vardy does play the full 90 alot, but I'd still fancy Werner to outscore him though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I feel like this is the GW the casuals win.

Some much doubt over Salah that it's entirely reasonable to not considering bringing him in and captaining him.

Casuals who pay little to no attention won't even look at it other than the fixture and probably monster haul.

I'm following the casuals, bringing him in and captaining

I think I am a casual. I like dressing casual anyway more of a jeans and t shirt person. Plus my OR is 1.7m.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

This doubt that being thrown around here - is purely based on some mad assumption that Klopp is going to rest and rotate players. This despite the fact that for most of last 2 seasons the same players have played week in week out.

If Klopp is so concerned about his players, why then has the likes of Robertson played 90 mins every game in the league, despite missing some Scotland games cause of tight hamstring, why doesn't Klopp sub him off early and throw Tsimikas on - given that he was bought for back up? If Robertson gets injured with a muscle injury he'll be a big loss to the team, so why not rest him when games are won, or not playing him in every game?

Other squad players don't see action either - Origi has played 1 minute of football is the league this season, Minamino has played 1 full game.

I think Klopp moans a lot but he's not protective of his star players when games are won, he's happy for them to play out 90 mins.

Those who think he's a big doubt for this GW, were probably of the opinion that he wouldn't see any game time in the CL this week either.

I fully expect Klopp to play a strong team week in week out - we saw Fulham against Lecister and what they can do - so have little to no worries of putting the armband on Salah this weekend. Worse case scenario he's bench and gets 30 mins. But how many times in the last few season has Salah started on the bench in the league?

• Advertisement

I was dead set on bringing in Salah this week and Wilson is appealing to me in other circumstances given their fixture lists and inevitable DGW.

But I won’t do it yet given quite reasonable doubts over Salah starting (of course they’re only doubts but they’re big enough to me), and Newcastle being a big gigantic mess who are missing a large percentage of their squad and have missed a lot of training.

I’m considering now doing a boring Cancelo out for Dier transfer, so that I’ve a little bit of extra funding so I can get some slightly better players in when I downgrade others to fund Salah later.

I still anticipate being on a Salah/KDB/Bruno/Son/Grealish midfield by the end of next weekend so if this weekend is the last time I have to fear one of these guys up against captainable opponents, then I think it coming after him having played 90 3 days before, with a title 6 pointer 3 days after, then I think one more bout of captain fear is probably bearable.

Yeah all very valid points. I think Salah pays back a 4 point hit, if in the unlikely case not this week, then over the course of the month, expecially as opposed to having an insured Ziyech. I don't trust spurs to keep it going so am happy to take the fear of going without. I'll probably make my move tonight.

Try and roll the midweek transfer and then I'll do Jota back to grealish and save a transfer for the week after if there's any major issues. Current plan anyway!

Ace2007 wrote: »
    This doubt that being thrown around here - is purely based on some mad assumption that Klopp is going to rest and rotate players. This despite the fact that for most of last 2 seasons the same players have played week in week out.

If Klopp is so concerned about his players, why then has the likes of Robertson played 90 mins every game in the league, despite missing some Scotland games cause of tight hamstring, why doesn't Klopp sub him off early and throw Tsimikas on - given that he was bought for back up? If Robertson gets injured with a muscle injury he'll be a big loss to the team, so why not rest him when games are won, or not playing him in every game?

Other squad players don't see action either - Origi has played 1 minute of football is the league this season, Minamino has played 1 full game.

I think Klopp moans a lot but he's not protective of his star players when games are won, he's happy for them to play out 90 mins.

Those who think he's a big doubt for this GW, were probably of the opinion that he wouldn't see any game time in the CL this week either.

I fully expect Klopp to play a strong team week in week out - we saw Fulham against Lecister and what they can do - so have little to no worries of putting the armband on Salah this weekend. Worse case scenario he's bench and gets 30 mins. But how many times in the last few season has Salah started on the bench in the league?

But Klopp did rest and rotate players yesterday evening. It was almost an entirely 2nd string XI. He played Salah for the full 90 even though it will result in him playing 5 games in a 13 day spell. This is the same guy who is complaining about the fixture pileup and how players can’t be constantly expected to play 3 days after the last.

They’ve now got 3 days rest before Fulham, 2 days before Spurs and another 2 rest days before Palace (which is an early kickoff following a Wednesday game, the exact thing he was complaining about). And they also had only 2 rest days between Wolves and Midtylland.

Is Klopp playing Salah through the whole of that before he gets a week off after the Palace game possible? Absolutely, and I will be terrified up until when I see the lineup and given his threat off the bench, I’ll be terrified after that too.

But the doubt is huge here. The ‘trying to play him into fitness post-Covid’ argument doesn’t wash with me given that he’s already played 4 games now since he got back.

Yeah all very valid points. I think Salah pays back a 4 point hit, if in the unlikely case not this week, then over the course of the month, expecially as opposed to having an insured Ziyech. I don't trust spurs to keep it going so am happy to take the fear of going without. I'll probably make my move tonight.

Try and roll the midweek transfer and then I'll do Jota back to grealish and save a transfer for the week after if there's any major issues. Current plan anyway!

If Salah plays, he is a great option, agreed. I will be getting him in by getting rid of Vardy before long, but by hesitating now I can do it with less hits, and bring in more valuable players rather than take an 8 point hit this week and be forced to bring in 2 other players who fit into quite tight budget constraints.

I’ll use my free transfer this week to downgrade Cancelo in price, before probably doing the same with Calvert Lewin midweek and then doing a -4 for the Palace game with Vardy downgraded and Salah replacing Podence.

Now don’t get me wrong, if Klopp says that Salah starts in his presser, I will be going back to my Salah in by any means necessary approach. But given that it’s unlikely he will do so, I will use this week and the game against Mourinho bus to do it in a way that works better for my whole team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The crystal palace game is the game klopp will really rotate for. That's the game id be fearful of salah starting.

The crystal palace game is the game klopp will really rotate for. That's the game id be fearful of salah starting.

Why do you think he’d have played Salah for 90 mins last night when he rested almost everyone else who played against Wolves though? It just wouldn’t make sense for me for a man who has been complaining so much about the fixture pileup.

My feeling now is that Mane and Firmino got rests last night, Salah gets one Sunday before Jota misses the Spurs game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

To be fair, Klopp has not been able to play Tsimikas instead of Robertson in the league. Tsmikas has missed 7 of the 11 league games due to injury or COVID. Given the quality of opposition in the league games that Tsimikas was actually fit for (Chelsea, Leicester, Brighton, Wolves), I'd actually only think of playing him in one of those games - Brighton away. The game had a back 4 of Robertson - Fabinho - Philips - Williams. It was already a much weaker defence due to the injuries so Robertson had to play. Mane was also rested that day, so resting Robertson also would pretty much take away all of Liverpool's traditional wing play of TAA/Robbo/Salah/Mane. Klopp's hand is pretty forced there. Tsmikas also missed 2 CL games at the same time with injury/COVID and he has started 2 of the CL games giving Robertson a break there but he got injured again last night forcing Klopp into playing Robertson again as Milner is also out injured. Klopp actively tried to rest Robertson here.

Fabinho played 45 mins last night and kept him ticking along, building up fitness while remaining fit. He's playing at CB anyways, not exactly a flying full back or winger. Gini very much needed a rest this midweek and got one. Mane,Jones & Matip all got one, and Henderson & Firmino got 'active' breaks. They had missed games recently so were not in need of a big rest.

There was 8 changes last night and the games before that saw either 5 or 6 changes every game.

I didn't think that TAA would play as much last night, so maybe he was getting 90 mins match practice under his belt. Neco Williams to start against Fulham again and then TAA against Spurs & Palace maybe?

I would agree with the Salah one though. I'd have given him 60 mins if anything last night. One of the front 3 was bound to play, and it was him. Salah traditionally plays a lot of games. He rarely takes breaks. Klopp said he looked absolutely fine last night, and will have been told that by the club's sports scientists who I'm sure know an awful lot more about it than we do. To me, he did not looked tired anyways. I would not be surprised if Salah plays against Fulham & Spurs again, but at the moment my thinking will be that Mane - Firmino - Jota start against Fulham before Mane - Firmino - Salah start against Spurs. Keita will start against Palace and maybe Spurs too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Could do Jesus > Wilson. But is it madness to do when City have West Brom the week after? There is the fear that Aguero comes back any minute now too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Was trying to decide which one of Sterling or Bruno to switch to Salah and only just realised that the rise priced me out of the Bruno move
    Sterling > Salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'd need a -4 (or possibly -8 if I don't want to lose one of Fernandes or Kane) to get Salah in, so I may be biased on this!

Sundays game is the issue. He obviously starts v Spurs next Wednesday and if he was to be rested v Palace he wouldn't have a start for 11 days, so doesn't really make much sense to do that.

We can take it he starts both those games so, neither of which will be easy so Klopp can't plan an early sub.

I think there is a chance Salah doesn't start v Fulham. If I had him I'd play him and captain him probably, but I'm really not sure about talking a hit to get him in.

I've just done a quick calculation on Salah's minutes this season compared to last season at the same point in time. It is club games only.

season start 8/19/2019
    gw 6 12/10/2019
    days: 114
    matches: 19
    minutes: 1765
    full 90: 14
    goals: 10
    assists: 5

season start 9/12/2020
    gw 6 12/9/2020
    days: 89
    matchces: 17
    minutes: 1355
    full 90: 13
    goals: 12
    assists: 3

in short, Salah is playing games at a higher frequency but it is playing less minutes per game.

• Advertisement

I've just done a quick calculation on Salah's minutes this season compared to last season at the same point in time. It is club games only.

season start 8/19/2019
    gw 6 12/10/2019
    days: 114
    matches: 19
    minutes: 1765
    full 90: 14
    goals: 10
    assists: 5

season start 9/12/2020
    gw 6 12/9/2020
    days: 89
    matchces: 17
    minutes: 1355
    full 90: 13
    goals: 12
    assists: 3

in short, Salah is playing games at a higher frequency but it is playing less minutes per game.
    The only league game he was subbed off before the end in was Brighton though. Is it CL he is being subbed off early in?

The only league game he was subbed off before the end in was Brighton though. Is it CL he is being subbed off early in?

Correct.

Now there is a bit of an outlier as his first games back after COVID were Atalanta in CL & Brighton in PL and both games he played 61 & 64 mins.

But overall this season, his 'active' rests have tended to come in the CL games.

Last season, he just played 85 or 90 every other game

Correct.

Now there is a bit of an outlier as his first games back after COVID were Atalanta in CL & Brighton in PL and both games he played 61 & 64 mins.

But overall this season, his 'active' rests have tended to come in the CL games.

Last season, he just played 85 or 90 every other game
    So whats your take from that?

So whats your take from that?

At the moment, I think he will start Sunday. The Wednesday kick off was early, and it's a later game Sunday so it's much different to a Wednesday - Saturday morning. Salah on the bench in the league, while fit, is an extremely rare sight. He is an incredibly durable player. I'm a Salah owner and will remain one. Whether or not I captain him will largely depend on what Klopp says tomorrow but at the moment I will captain him.

I'd guess that Klopp's plan is to try get the Fulham game won early and take Salah off on 70 before the full 90 against Spurs and then probably 90 again against Palace before the week off Christmas week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Brought in Miesler and plan to bench boost with

McCarthy
    Robbo - Zouma - Justin
    Zaha - KDB - Son - Fernandes - j.Rodriguez
    Wilson - Adams

Bench: Miesler - Konza - Watkins - Taylor

Still on the fence about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Thinking of Werner to Ings

Really like Ings in FPL and reckon he'll get 90 mins

Werner is too much of a frustrating player to own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Lads. Is Stones a trap? I know he's only featured in the last 2 games, but not sure if that's Pep being Pep, or he's covering for an injured player etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Lads. Is Stones a trap? I know he's only featured in the last 2 games, but not sure if that's Pep being Pep, or he's covering for an injured player etc.

Ake is back from injury ,you would imagine Dias, Ake and Laporte are ahead of Stones but as you said ,it's Pep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Who is a better option Neto or Ward Prowse ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    Ake is back from injury ,you would imagine Dias, Ake and Laporte are ahead of Stones but as you said ,it's Pep

2 cleanies in a row, though - obviously he's the answer!

Cheers.

Advertisement