Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

2 FT available this week, think i'll do Fernandes to Salah or KDB, and DCL to Wilson, Ings or Bamford.

Chelsea's defence is really good, so can't see DCL getting many points, and i expect City to win against Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Probably a bank.

I now need to upgrade Fabio soon, after that failed experiment :P

Cancelo to fodder if he loses his place again is obvious choice for raising funds.

DCL to Ings is also on my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Benimar wrote: »
    I'd need a -4 (or possibly -8 if I don't want to lose one of Fernandes or Kane) to get Salah in, so I may be biased on this!

Sundays game is the issue. He obviously starts v Spurs next Wednesday and if he was to be rested v Palace he wouldn't have a start for 11 days, so doesn't really make much sense to do that.

We can take it he starts both those games so, neither of which will be easy so Klopp can't plan an early sub.

I think there is a chance Salah doesn't start v Fulham. If I had him I'd play him and captain him probably, but I'm really not sure about talking a hit to get him in.

Think we might have similar teams, both had stinkers last week but doing well overall, both faced with the Salah -8 dilemma.

If I had Salah I'd captain him, i think he'll play. But with the doubt over him and Spurs next, and the fact I'd either need a -8 (or a -4 bring in Wellbeck that I'm not mad on), I'm thinking of holding off.

I'm considering Son +Wilson in for Ziyech and DCL instead. Son has proven it now, he's the cheapest of the big hitters, i think i want him in long term. Will hope to bank the next gw and then maybe make 3 changes and a -4 to shift funds around to get Salah in for gw14.

That's one idea but i may just end up buckling and getting Salah this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I see Salah is proving to be a huge conversation topic.

I've heard FF youtuber (who is a Salah owner) make a very valid point: why would Klopp risk playing Salah, Jota in CL for 87 mins +, Fabinho for 45 min + and Robertson for 30 mins+ in a completely meaningless game? Other than to build up or maintain their fitness levels?

Also, lets look at it logically, is Liverpool top of the league with many points ahead? So when you answer that, do you really think Klopp will be doing this careful fitness manipulation of his top forward for the last god knows how many years when playing in the next 3 premier league games?

There is no sucha thing as an easy premier league game. Brighton v Liverpool good example. I am 100% confident Salah starts, am captaining him also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Another week another hit.

First red arrow in a while last week....have been playing a bit more aggressively lately and it's paid dividends and is a bit more fun tbh.

Current front 8 is:

KDB | Jota | Ziyech | Bruno | Anguissa

Vardy | DCL | Bamford

My options seem to boil down to....

1) Ziyech to Grealish
    2) KDB to Salah
    3) Ziyech to Salah, Vardy to Watkins/Wilson

Selling KDB seems so wrong but going without Salah seems even wronger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Cartman78 wrote: »

First red arrow in a while last week....have been playing a bit more aggressively lately and it's paid dividends and is a bit more fun tbh.

Current front 8 is:

Vardy | DCL | Bamford

1) Ziyech to Grealish
    2) KDB to Salah

I'm in a similar predicament and thinking of ditching Bruno over KDB.

Fancy City to do a job on United this weekend.

Cartman78 wrote: »

Current front 8 is:

Vardy | DCL | Bamford

1) Ziyech to Grealish
    2) KDB to Salah

I am biased just to note as I own KDB Salah and Wilson. But if I was you I'd go for option 3, with Vardy to Wilson.

TBH now that I think about it Wilson is a good differential captain choice, up against 1 of the worst teams in the league, at home, vs fans for the first time since March. Going to be a special game no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Replaced Klich with Neto and hoping he plays well up front

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I'm in a similar predicament and thinking of ditching Bruno over KDB.

Fancy City to do a job on United this weekend.

City could hammer United for sure but I still wouldn't be surprised if Bruno sneaked an unlikely haul...and their fixtures after that are appealing

Bring in KDB or Salah, that's my current choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I see Salah is proving to be a huge conversation topic.

I've heard FF youtuber (who is a Salah owner) make a very valid point: why would Klopp risk playing Salah, Jota in CL for 87 mins +, Fabinho for 45 min + and Robertson for 30 mins+ in a completely meaningless game? Other than to build up or maintain their fitness levels?

Also, lets look at it logically, is Liverpool top of the league with many points ahead? So when you answer that, do you really think Klopp will be doing this careful fitness manipulation of his top forward for the last god knows how many years when playing in the next 3 premier league games?

There is no sucha thing as an easy premier league game. Brighton v Liverpool good example. I am 100% confident Salah starts, am captaining him also.

The counter argument at play is that Klopp is managing him towards the Spurs game instead. In which case if he was planning to rest him on Sunday for it, playing him midweek would be a no-brainer.

I don’t know how anyone can be genuinely confident either way. I’m well aware that there is a massive chance he plays, but I’m not going to transfer someone in for a hit when I feel there is that much doubt around them.

I honestly couldn’t tell you if I’d captain Salah if I owned him already. I’d probably have to analyse how big the cameo fear is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

shineon23 wrote: »
    Probably a bank.

I now need to upgrade Fabio soon, after that failed experiment :P

Cancelo to fodder if he loses his place again is obvious choice for raising funds.

DCL to Ings is also on my mind.
    Cancelo is staying in my team, there's no such thing as "losing their place" in City's team, he'll be rotated sure, but when he plays he's looking very promising. If you have a full playing bench, then the upside on him is big

CSF wrote: »
    The counter argument at play is that Klopp is managing him towards the Spurs game instead. In which case if he was planning to rest him on Sunday for it, playing him midweek would be a no-brainer.

I don’t know how anyone can be genuinely confident either way. I’m well aware that there is a massive chance he plays, but I’m not going to transfer someone in for a hit when I feel there is that much doubt around them.

I honestly couldn’t tell you if I’d captain Salah if I owned him already. I’d probably have to analyse how big the cameo fear is.

My current dilemma is looking at a -4

Salah & Reece James in > Bruno & Chilwell out

Salah fear is too much. I have Jota too but not sure he'll be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Is selling Bruno to get Mane or Salah a bad idea?

It means I get to keep Vardy and Werner! Plus I'm 90% likely gonna use my WC before Tuesday to set up fresh.

So I can get Jota too for Torres and double down on main pool assets in attack!

Is selling Bruno to get Mane or Salah a bad idea?

It means I get to keep Vardy and Werner! Plus I'm 90% likely gonna use my WC before Tuesday to set up fresh.

So I can get Jota too for Torres and double down on main pool assets in attack!
    I would lose Vardy much quicker than Bruno personally

I think Vardy will do well this weekend. Fulham are leaking goals and have the 2nd worst defence in the league. Sorry, they are up against Brighton, not Fulham. Different story there.

Long term, Bruno is probably better though.

But thats not really true though.

Playing your best player in a meaningless game, in December, is not a no brainer. The risk of injury, risk of hamstrings (which are plenty to go around) is huge. There is a specific reason he played Salah, I believe to regain fitness and sharpness ahead of the busy schedule. Its the only logical answer.

I do think that we somehow talk about Salah as if he is Cancelo.. I am not so sure thats a right thing to do? There is no-one in Liverpool who can play as well on the right wing as Salah does.

I also forgot Liverpool have Spurs on Wednesday, so Salah may be rested for the bigger fixture?

But thats not really true though.

Playing your best player in a meaningless game, in December, is not a no brainer. The risk of injury, risk of hamstrings (which are plenty to go around) is huge. There is a specific reason he played Salah, I believe to regain fitness and sharpness ahead of the busy schedule. Its the only logical answer.

I do think that we somehow talk about Salah as if he is Cancelo.. I am not so sure thats a right thing to do? There is no-one in Liverpool who can play as well on the right wing as Salah does.

It absolutely is true. Klopp will not have wanted him to go 10 days without a game so if he’s planning on resting him 3 days before a big game, playing him during the week for fitness and sharpness would have made obvious sense.

I don’t think anyone is talking about Salah as if he is Cancelo. The argument with Cancelo is that he can’t be relied on a starter in pretty much any game now. The argument with Salah is that Klopp might not choose to start him in all 8 games within 24 days.

That is a complete false equivalence.

It absolutely is true. Klopp will not have wanted him to go 10 days without a game so if he’s planning on resting him 3 days before a big game, playing him during the week for fitness and sharpness would have made obvious sense.

I don’t think anyone is talking about Salah as if he is Cancelo. The argument with Cancelo is that he can’t be relied on a starter in pretty much any game now. The argument with Salah is that Klopp might not choose to start him in all 8 games within 24 days.

That is a complete false equivalence.

I do think we can talk about this topic for hours :)

8 games within 24 days. Yes. absolutely. maybe he will start, maybe he wont. But the fact that Salah has been chilling at home for 16 days + before these 8 games, does actually suggest he isnt knackered or even close to it.

We ll find out soon enough in any case.

Just a final thought - Klopp did say post Midtjylland that theyve asked Mo if he was fine to play on and Mo said yes. So he played for 90 mins. Now remember Salah was pretty upset at coming off against Brighton after 63 mins? He wants to play. If this resting against Fulham was in the works, Salah wouldve just told Klopp to take him off after 45 mins in that CL game, to have a better chance at starting v Fulham and scoring them goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Who is a better option Neto or Ward Prowse ?

Anyone ?

I do think we can talk about this topic for hours :)

8 games within 24 days. Yes. absolutely. maybe he will start, maybe he wont. But the fact that Salah has been chilling at home for 16 days + before these 8 games, does actually suggest he isnt knackered or even close to it.

We ll find out soon enough in any case.

Just a final thought - Klopp did say post Midtjylland that theyve asked Mo if he was fine to play on and Mo said yes. So he played for 90 mins. Now remember Salah was pretty upset at coming off against Brighton after 63 mins? He wants to play. If this resting against Fulham was in the works, Salah wouldve just told Klopp to take him off after 45 mins in that CL game, to have a better chance at starting v Fulham and scoring them goals.

I think if Klopp is resting Salah Sunday, it’s so he is extra fresh for a title 6 pointer, not because he is already knackered and at high injury risk.

I don’t really think Salah would get much say in whether he is rested for it, and would think the decision either way over whether Salah starts on Sunday was made before the Midtjylland game.

I think he was either played in that game on Wednesday to increase fitness or because he is being rested Sunday 3 days before Spurs.

Both are very plausible for me and I’m speaking out of large doubt rather than certainty either way.

Anyone ?

JWP for me.

On set pieces, in a team on form, more proven and higher ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Neto for me, no Jimi means he won't be at as much risk of not playing every week and he's a threat whenever I watch him. JWP has some big lads to aim corners at but I'd go Neto

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Anyone ?

What's your own opinion on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm thinking Kane to Ings and Jota to Son

Or DCL to Ings and maybe Jota to JWP

I'd like Spurs cover but need to free up funds

Anyone ?

Bit of a coin toss tbh. Neto is much more dangerous from open play but Ward Prowse is a real danger from set pieces. I guess I’d probably edge Ward Prowse but I haven’t that much confidence in him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Jota to Neto a good or bad idea??

Ryan (Walton)
    Reguilon Chilwell Walker-Peters (Konsa Kilman)
    Jota Son Grealish Fernandes (Riedewald)
    Vardy Kane DCL

2 free transfers and .2m in bank.

Can't think of much else to do without a full overhaul of the team and have wildcard used

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Anyone ?

jwp 100%

• Advertisement

Jota to Neto a good or bad idea??

Ryan (Walton)
    Reguilon Chilwell Walker-Peters (Konsa Kilman)
    Jota Son Grealish Fernandes (Riedewald)
    Vardy Kane DCL

2 free transfers and .2m in bank.

Can't think of much else to do without a full overhaul of the team and have wildcard used

I'd stick with Jota.

Maybe upgrade Ryan to McCarthy or someone else?

Advertisement