Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

My more casual approach is killing my TV, I think. Only just getting around to moving out Ziyech.

Ziyech--Salah--Mahrez--Bruno--Son

Leaning towards getting Grealish back in. None of the other options in that range really inspire me. Maybe Jota, given the fixture, but is he a cert to start? JWP or Neto feel a bit underwhelming as choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That Jota news might just be pushing me back in the direction of Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

CSF wrote: »
    That Jota news might just be pushing me back in the direction of Salah.

As a Jota owner who will need at least a -4 to get Salah in (unless I sell Fernandes) this is disastrous.

Salah will definitely start if Jota is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Gonna do:

Torres -> Salah
    Vardy -> Bamford

Keep it simple, cover the bases. Vardy could explode but I can't hold him longterm, and it'd be worse Salah exploded and I didn't bring him back. Plus Bamford could do damage!

As per usual, I still have the WC to use :pac:

Benimar wrote: »
    As a Jota owner who will need at least a -4 to get Salah in (unless I sell Fernandes) this is disastrous.

Itd be an 8 point hit to Salah for me, but given that he’s in my longterm plans anyway, there’s no way I’d be without him this week if I believe he starts. And if there’s no Jota, I’m leaning that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Gonna do:

Torres -> Salah
    Vardy -> Bamford

Keep it simple, cover the bases. Vardy could explode but I can't hold him longterm, and it'd be worse Salah exploded and I didn't bring him back. Plus Bamford could do damage!

As per usual, I still have the WC to use :pac:

Or:

Torres -> Mane
    Werner -> Bamford

0 ITB

Selling Werner would make me cry if he scored big, but Mane's more sexy than Salah and Vardy has a better fixture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Mane has been on the bench lately a bit (Brighton he only played 25 mins and only played 5 in Denmark) so plenty of rest. He had looked tired recently but the rest seems to have suited him as he is coming back into form. He looked very good against Wolves and could have scored a couple.

He also has a brilliant record against Palace which is an upcoming fixture.

But he also only has 1 goal in 12 games.

Fitz* wrote: »
    Mane has been on the bench lately a bit (Brighton he only played 25 mins and only played 5 in Denmark) so plenty of rest. He had looked tired recently but the rest seems to have suited him as he is coming back into form. He looked very good against Wolves and could have scored a couple.

He also has a brilliant record against Palace which is an upcoming fixture.

But he also only has 1 goal in 12 games.

He would be a great option if he wasn’t priced in a different tier entirely. He should never have been priced the same as Salah.

Itd be an 8 point hit to Salah for me, but given that he’s in my longterm plans anyway, there’s no way I’d be without him this week if I believe he starts. And if there’s no Jota, I’m leaning that way.

Leaning the same way tbh.

Have Ziyech who needs to go anyway. Will have to see where best to get the extra funds out of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

He would be a great option if he wasn’t priced in a different tier entirely. He should never have been priced the same as Salah.

Could be a good differential alright at cheaper.

The one thing I forgot to add above is that because of his rests recently is that he is probably the most likely to get 3 X 90 mins in the next week out of the Liverpool forwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I think I might just sell Barnes for Bowen and leave it at that. It's not the massively dramatic rubix cube maneuver I'd been contemplating (selling Son, DCL, Barnes for Bamford, Bowen and KDB) but on mature reflection I don't think I'm unhappy enough with DCL/Kane/Son/Salah/Ings to justify the hits for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

If Jota is out then at least that's an easier decision. He did great while I had him in but even without the injury I was starting to worry for his minutes after the last match. 4-3-3 is Liverpool's best formation and they havet he midfielders back now to play it.

I think I'll do Ziyech, Jota and Jesus out for Salah, Neto and Bamford for a -8 if that's confirmed.

I'm not too annoyed as was strongly considering a -8 anyway - Bamford and Salah are likely long term players I want in. A Jota injury might push me into the most sensible position which I think is the 8 point hit in this scenario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That Jota news is a killer. Had only thought of going DCL to Wilson due to fixtures but having to rethink now as I dont have Salah.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have Jota, didn't mind restricted minutes due to price.

Is Werner to Firmino for a -4 worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Well it looks like the wheels have well and truly come off the jota bandwagon. I've just got him in and now I have to plan a way out again.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Have Jota, didn't mind restricted minutes due to price.

Is Werner to Firmino for a -4 worth it?

No. I wouldn't do it for free tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Took my minus 4 before the Jota news. Will start him and ship him out next week if there's more news but I would prefer to roll midweek transfer. I'm not overly worried yet. Only a knock to be assessed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No. I wouldn't do it for free tbh.

It was a stupid idea after re-reading it.
    Will start Jota and reassess after weekend.

To get Salah I can do:

1. Bruno to Salah directly (but may still take a hit as I'll have Mitchell, Jota, Brewster and Ziyech).

2. Take a minus 4 and ditch Kane (!!) for Bamford. This would allow an upgrade of Brewster next week.

3. Take a minus 8 of Ziyech, Jota and DCL to Salah, JWP and Bamford.

Current Squad is :
    Martinez, Johnstone
    Chilwell, Dias, Coufal, Dallas, Mitchell
    Fernandes, Son, Ziyech, Jota, Mahrez
    Kane, DCL, Brewster.

What way would people go?

To get Salah I can do:

1. Bruno to Salah directly (but may still take a hit as I'll have Mitchell, Jota, Brewster and Ziyech).

2. Take a minus 4 and ditch Kane (!!) for Bamford. This would allow an upgrade of Brewster next week.

Current Squad is :
    Martinez, Johnstone
    Kane, DCL, Brewster.

3. Ziyech and Jota may not even play this week making it much easier to bring in the points.

I can see myself going for a -8 of Vardy, DCL and Podence out for Adams, Brewster and Salah leaving me with a squad of

Martinez Steer
    Chilwell, Cancelo, Lamptey, Dallas, Mitchell
    Salah, Bruno, Grealish, Son, KDB
    Adams, Bamford, Brewster

Really I think my next steps would be to get rid of Cancelo and Mitchell to set me up with a more reliable squad for the Christmas rotation.

Hard to see me touching any of those midfielders barring injury/calamity.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I brought in Salah earlier, and the Jota news makes that a good call in the end. I also have Jota, so will just bench him for this week.

Soucek (West Ham), Justin (Leicester) or James (Chelsea)...who would be best to bring on? Already have Zouma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Kiith wrote: »
    I brought in Salah earlier, and the Jota news makes that a good call in the end. I also have Jota, so will just bench him for this week.

Soucek (West Ham), Justin (Leicester) or James (Chelsea)...who would be best to bring on? Already have Zouma.

I would start Jota on the off chance he starts tbh, it's what I'm doing.

IMO, have your subs as Justin, James, Soucek.

Any way you can start Justin (for a potential CS) and James for attacking points?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I would start Jota on the off chance he starts tbh, it's what I'm doing.

IMO, have your subs as Justin, James, Soucek.

Any way you can start Justin (for a potential CS) and James for attacking points?

Right now i have Zouma, James, Justin and KWP on, after talking Jota off.

Might change that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Front 8 is
    Salah KdB Grealish Son Jota
    Werner DCL Wilson

Currently benching Jota. Correct decision?
    I'd be annoyed if I benched DCL and Jota comes in for a late cameo 1 pointer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Newcastle boss Steve Bruce will be without a "big chunk" of his squad for Saturday's game with West Brom because of the club's coronavirus outbreak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

Salah will start no matter what. He has got his rest period while off with Covid. He needs game time to get to the required level.

Here trying to get him in now but its a ****show to be honest and will involve 1 if not 2 hits.

To get Salah I can do:

Current Squad is :
    Martinez, Johnstone
    Kane, DCL, Brewster.

I like the -8, it's a long term move so fully justified. Bamford is just terrific value that can score in every game. I'm likely taking a -8 myself

I'd maybe consider Neto over JWP as funds now become tighter and tighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Cancelo is staying in my team, there's no such thing as "losing their place" in City's team, he'll be rotated sure, but when he plays he's looking very promising. If you have a full playing bench, then the upside on him is big

I don't have a full playing bench but I do have Ederson.

Chilwell to James would be another sideways move I could do to raise funds. again maybe not one for this week.

Here's a player that hasn't been at all on my radar who suddenly might end up in my team -

Pascal Gross

Connolly and Wellbeck seem to have a knack at winning penos, Lamptey another tricky one.

Basically circumstances have forced me into needing a sub 6.1 midfielder that I'd want to play. Even without penalties Gross is not far off Neto in Xg/Xa, but the penos kind of sway me. Some nice fixtures coming up too.

Gross 5.8 vs Neto 5.7. Or even Lookman at 5.0?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Feck it did a -8 to get Salah

Robertson to Dallas
    Mahrez to Salah
    Werner to Wilson

Have KDB, Bruno and Salah now

Advertisement