Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Ethernet LAN device to Virgin Media 3 Hub

Options
  • 05-12-2020 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have Virgin Media Broadband with a HUB 3 router / modem. There are 4 ethernet ports on the back and most devices connect and show up on my network however I recently purchased a TFA Dofrman Weather device that comes with a gateway device that you need to connect to your network via ethernet cable. When I connect it it does not register and there is no light flashing on the ethernet cable. I am guessing its somehow being blocked from my Virgin Router. What can I do to troubleshoot or check this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

There is little reason to suspect the router blocking this particular device.

Have you tried a different cable first?
    Also, a different port on the router.
    If you tried a known working cable in a known working port, then it's possible that the device itself is not working properly.

If you can connect to the router's web interface, check under Advanced Settings > Security > MAC filtering. This is where you could configure rules to allow/disallow access to the network based on the MAC address of a device.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Aaaah, that's where weather forecast on RTE comes from...
    :D

Advertisement