Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesync Settings

Options
  • 05-12-2020 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭

Should I have AMD enhanced sync on or just v sync to stop games going over the 144FPS cap? I assume Freesync stops working above the monitor's refresh.

Also does freesync work in borderless windowed mode or do you have to go fullscreen?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Both of those off if you have a Freesync monitor. You can limit the FPS in AMD settings. I cannot pin point you to exact location in settings as I sold my 5700 XT a few weeks ago before all this madness of no cards. I assumed sell my card and pick up a 6800 or even the XT version but I didn't realize there would be supply issues and I also do not like the prices atm and I also have a Xbox Series X so I'm all good for gaming but I will eventually pick one of those cards up sometime in first quarter of 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

This is the setting you want as far as I'm aware.

Advertisement