Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Carlsberg too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

93Cab wrote: »
    My local Centra has Heineken, Bulmers and Guinness 500ml 24 for €22!

That's the job, herself will be passing a few Centra's today.

Guinness won't be able to give those smaller cans away soon and rightly so, I was willing to do without unless they gave a good deal on the proper can.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,890 ✭✭✭✭zell12

headnorth wrote: »
    Aldi
    Screenshot-20201219-064500.jpg
    Lidl have given a "guaranteed unbeatable price" on those three slabs. Will anyone demand it be honoured? :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

zell12 wrote: »
    Lidl have given a "guaranteed unbeatable price" on those three slabs. Will anyone demand it be honoured? :pac:

For 470 ml cans?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Tesco Galway have the good 500ml Guinness. Flying off the shelf into trolleys this morning....like it was going out of fashion...With new minimum pricing in the new year it kinda is.

As a wise man once said " the more ya drink the more ya save"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Might anyone know Dunnes current price on Heineken slabs ? The ads often don't show it. Just checking if it is worthwhile with the 20 percent from a 10 off 50, or if I'm better off just going to Aldi or Tesco for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SkatesOn

TheDriver wrote: »
    I was in local Dunnes and as expected, piles of 470 Guinness only. How has Tesco secured exclusive access?

Diageo & Tesco - both UK companies...
    Tesco have bigger clout

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Might anyone know Dunnes current price on Heineken slabs ? The ads often don't show it. Just checking if it is worthwhile with the 20 percent from a 10 off 50, or if I'm better off just going to Aldi or Tesco for it..

Was €24 on Thursday.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ArraMusha wrote: »
    Tesco Galway have the good 500ml Guinness. Flying off the shelf into trolleys this morning....like it was going out of fashion...With new minimum pricing in the new year it kinda is.

As a wise man once said " the more ya drink the more ya save"
    No new minimum pricing in the new year. Just a prohibition on certain types of offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Quackster wrote: »
    No new minimum pricing in the new year. Just a prohibition on certain types of offer.

This.

This minimum pricing in January mantra is being repeated ad nauseam here and it's not happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I bought four cases of Guinness in Lidl last week, 4 * 24 * 470ml for 33 + 33 = 66 euro.

I have a shed, and I sort of expect the MUP law might be implemented at some stage.

I'm tempted to go back for more at 32 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Invincible

fmul9798 wrote: »

€24 in-store now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Going to pick up some booze tomorrow...would like to go to one store to get it all. Probably a lazy question on my behalf, but any thoughts on best place to get these at the lowest-ish price

1 slab Heineken or Carlsberg
    1 slab Cider
    Few bottles of cheap wine
    1 bottle Baileys/ cream liqueur

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

LowOdour wrote: »
    Going to pick up some booze tomorrow...would like to go to one store to get it all. Probably a lazy question on my behalf, but any thoughts on best place to get these at the lowest-ish price

1 slab Cider

You’re gonna need more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

LowOdour wrote: »

1 slab Cider

For the cheap wine Lidl have 6 of selected bottles for 29e.
    Tesco have 25% off 6 bottles.
    I think Dunnes have 25% off also but I find their prices higher than Tesco.
    Supervalu is 10e 6 bottles but think their cheapest wine is 8e.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Can anyone confirm if any Tesco in Cork have 500ml Guinness slabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

mossy464 wrote:
    Can anyone confirm if any Tesco in Cork have 500ml Guinness slabs?

Got 2 in Douglas last night had both on display so double check what you pick up

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire222

Anyone know where it’s cheapest to get Jameson bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Claire222 wrote: »

20e Aldi.
    23e Tesco and Supervalu.
    Dunno re Dunnes.

25e in Tesco and Supervalu will get you a step up in quality such as Jameson Crested or Caskmates Stout.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,053 ✭✭✭✭rob316

rahern wrote: »
    Got 2 in Douglas last night had both on display so double check what you pick up

Wilton had them yesterday. Paul Street only had 470ml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

93Cab wrote: »
    My local Centra has Heineken, Bulmers and Guinness 500ml 24 for €22!

Finished Thursday in a couple of other Centra's.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

zell12 wrote: »

32 doesn't beat 32, so it is honoured already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

With all these slab deals.

4qzzzf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Finished Thursday in a couple of other Centra's.

I thought it was Thursday only, but it was still available yesterday, I asked long the offer was on, they said until Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,706 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Picked up two Guinness slabs yesterday for €35 in Tesco

Yes the infamous 470 slabs. Still a really good deal imho.

I tried them and there is nothing much wrong with the 470 cans, they fit in my fridge better :pac: and yes the head is a little bit less "creamy" and it doesn't last quite as long, but once you get more than a third down the glass there's going to be no difference anyway

Taste is exactly the same, it is the same beer after all.

Interestingly I was in Dunnes today and next to the 470 slabs there was a big roll of stickers which the staff were supposed to be placing on the slabs. (I thought it was a bit odd that the 470 cans, and the slab wrappers, have no instructions at all about how to pour them like the 500mL floating widget cans do.) Instructions to pour more quickly than with the floating widget cans, and a QR code which leads to here:

https://www.guinness.com/en-ie/24pk/

Video describing the differences. Quite open and upfront for Guinness/Diageo who are notoriously secretive about their products.

The floating widget is undoubtedly a better product, but the fixed widget cans are not bad at all.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

voHjNrp.png

Guinness slab area in the local Tesco, an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

No slabs in Centra there but loads of boxes of bottles. Picked up 12 Bulmers 500ml for 15 euro which wasn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Carlsberg unfiltered 8 for 10 quid in next door tallaght. Havent seen it in a while. Not sure if Diageo have stopped brewing it

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

bulmers cans 500ml 24 cans 20 euro in tesco's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Claire222 wrote: »

20 in dunnes, 15 if you have the 5 off 20 voucher.

Advertisement