Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Got four 20 boxes of Heineken for 48 euro in tesco unbelievable value

• Registered Users Posts: 18,053 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Anyone see Tiger bottles on offer? 330ml

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

raheny red wrote: »
    The Tesco ad in the Sindo yesterday said the Guinness slab offer ends today. Can anyone confirm?

The website end date was definitely the sunday 20/12. I know this since I have a voucher that only becomes active today and wanted to use it. I might head over for a look.

New dates on others in tesco have started

Heineken Cans 24X500ml

Special OfferSAVE 15.34 Was 39.34 Now 24.00valid from 21/12/2020 until 25/12/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 51,229 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say you would be doing well to find a 500ml slab of Guinness in any Tesco today more so if it were still on offer. I picked up 2 on Thursday night and they were disappearing like they were going out of fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

18 bottles of Peroni is €20 in my local Tesco, presume its nationwide. Plenty of stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Got four 20 boxes of Heineken for 48 euro in tesco unbelievable value

Was this today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Was this today?

Saturday Morning

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

raheny red wrote: »
    The Tesco ad in the Sindo yesterday said the Guinness slab offer ends today. Can anyone confirm?
    You were right! thanks a million, still on in ballybrack. In the corner section where they were originally a small label was still up but it was entirely full of heineken, so I thought the sign was just left by mistake, no cases of guinness were in any of the usual places. No end date on the label.

I then walked past the individual can shelf and saw the sign was still up there, the cases were not wrapped so a pain to manage, but I got 2. There was 1 left.

I guess they might put more out during the day as they would want some for individual sale, but I guess they will strip the wrapping off them again. Or you could tray asking staff, I would say they are purposely holding them back though.

Smirnoff is €20 and plenty there, as it is not heavily advertised so I think it goes unnoticed. Says a quota of 4 still

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd say you would be doing well to find a 500ml slab of Guinness in any Tesco today more so if it were still on offer. I picked up 2 on Thursday night and they were disappearing like they were going out of fashion.
    There were only 470ml on the friday night, but nothing but 500ml the next night.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

Just in Tesco. For those people wondering guinness 2 for 35 in 500ml can too. Carslberg molson, bud slab 20, boxes of beer gone back up in price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Saturday Morning

Its gone back up to 18 today.
    I ordered 20 bottles of Bulmers and 20 bottles of Hop House 13 for delivery on Saturday and they substituted Heineken for the Bulmers . :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Tesco Arthurs Quay, Limerick :

I got 4 x Proper Guinness Slabs today - 2 for €35 is still running

There are approx 15-20 slabs left, but there could be some of the 470ml mixed in so double check.

my total bill for 4 slabs and 6 bottles of wine was reduced from €248.16 to €99 (incl a €16 voucher)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Plenty of 500 Guinness in baggot st and ringsend still on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

rubadub wrote: »
    I then walked past the individual can shelf and saw the sign was still up there, the cases were not wrapped so a pain to manage, but I got 2. There was 1 left.

There was no 500ml slabs in Ballybrack when I went on Saturday about 5pm.

But I did the same as you and got 48 loose 500ml cans. Some rattle off them in the car on way home :D

Gordons pink gin was €20 for a litre bottle too. Often get that for the missus at €20 for a 70cl bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

Picked up two slabs in Tesco newbridge this morning. They were loose cans so as mentioned a pain to even get into the trolly. But there were still 5-6 slabs left on bottom shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

What bottles do Tesco have (20 packs) for €12?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

which supermarket is the best places to pick up bottles of wine? Not looking for anything too fancy. What the range in Lidl like the had 6 for €29 last week I saw. Are they any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

kildare75 wrote: »
    Picked up two slabs in Tesco newbridge this morning. They were loose cans so as mentioned a pain to even get into the trolly. But there were still 5-6 slabs left on bottom shelf.

Nothing worse than seeing the packaging open, makes them a fecker to move especially since they did away with the plastic rings holding them together.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

which supermarket is the best places to pick up bottles of wine? Not looking for anything too fancy. What the range in Lidl like the had 6 for €29 last week I saw. Are they any use?

Supervalu have the best wines with the 10 off 6 deal. Lidl wines aren't great especially 6 for 29, you'd expect some serious headaches. Tesco have 25% off 6 for slightly cheaper ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭navannoel

Blanco100 wrote: »
    What bottles do Tesco have (20 packs) for €12?

Finished Sunday. Back to 18 euro. Lidl have some 20 packs on offer for 12 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Is the Guinness offer still on in tesco and is there any in the Finglas branch does anyone know?

I can’t get there till tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The 6 for 29 selection in lidl bit hit and miss.
    Their riojas chiantis beaujolais cotes du rhone and winemakers selection range are good and all under tenner.

Tesco have 25% off any 6 bottles... probably stick to the reliable brands if unsure like santa rita 120, casillero diablo, gallo, mcguigan, barefoot, los cardos, JP Chenet.

Supervalu with tenner off 6 bottles on above brands will probably work out about the same price.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

Supervalu now have 15 euro off when you buy 6 bottles of wine. So the same as the 25% off in Dunnes and Tesco if you're spending 60. If the total for 6 bottles is under 60 then Supervalu works out cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭R11

Where's the cheapest place to get Tiger and Corona?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Is the Guinness offer still on in tesco and is there any in the Finglas branch does anyone know?

I can’t get there till tomorrow

There was loads this morning but then when my mother in law went in after 1.30pm they were all gone.

Supervalu now have 15 euro off when you buy 6 bottles of wine. So the same as the 25% off in Dunnes and Tesco if you're spending 60. If the total for 6 bottles is under 60 then Supervalu works out cheapest.

I'm pretty sure it's 10 euro off six bottles and some of the wines have been reduced as well. I got some last week. The offer is up until 25th. So could still get them Christmas Eve. I'm not too certain but it's either 25th or 30th.

I'm pretty sure it's 10 euro off six bottles and some of the wines have been reduced as well. I got some last week. The offer is up until 25th. So could still get them Christmas Eve.

Definitely 15 off today

Definitely 15 off today

Oh right sorry. It was 10 all along. Wish I'd waited now. Apologies

Oh right sorry. It was 10 all along. Wish I'd waited now. Apologies

No hassle. I was the same with buying Guinness too early. Prices seem to change every few days it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭ablelocks

plenty slabs of guinness in tesco crescent sc in limerick this evening....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

Plenty of 500 Guinness in baggot st and ringsend still on offer.

And loads in Tesco Artane Castle as well

Advertisement