Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

fulhamfan wrote: »
    And loads in Tesco Artane Castle as well
    have them in tesco celbridge too, 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

About 6 cans left in Roselawn Tesco :(

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭champchamp

Wonder if there is any in Portlaoise.
    Went in yesterday and the day beofe and they had none.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭nantony98

Can anyone recommend a good white wine from supervalu? I'm not much of a wine drinker, usually have a few bottles of pinot grigio but not familiar with the range in SV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,107 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

nantony98 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good white wine from supervalu? I'm not much of a wine drinker, usually have a few bottles of pinot grigio but not familiar with the range in SV.

I've never had a bad pinot grigio from Super Valu. They had yellow tail at a great price last time I was in, they often have an Italian one discounted and it's decent.. Can't think of the name though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I love Pinot Grigio wine range is nice. Spar sells them. Eden Lodge in Supervalu have nice whites.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,890 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl living up to their price guarantee
    Anyone see Budweiser cheaper?
    AfE6ba8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,890 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl giving a price guarantee on these next week
    8k7lk5k.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

which supermarket is the best places to pick up bottles of wine? Not looking for anything too fancy. What the range in Lidl like the had 6 for €29 last week I saw. Are they any use?

Tesco and Dunnes both have 25% off 6 bottles. SuperValu had €10 off 6 and I think they have increased that to €15.

Lidl have some decent wines but I'd stay away from the 6 for €29 deal. The excise on wine is over €3 per bottle. That leaves less than €11 to be split between transport and a margin for the producer and the retailer.

That doesn't leave a lot for the wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

zell12 wrote: »
    Lidl living up to their price guarantee
    Anyone see Budweiser cheaper?
    AfE6ba8.png

Where did you see this? Is the bud offer live now or after xmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Tesco

Screenshot-20201222-070953.jpg

Dunnes

Screenshot-20201222-071011.jpg

Supervalu

Screenshot-20201222-071033.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

What time can booze be bought after?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Seve OB wrote: »
    What time can booze be bought after?

10:30 Monday to Sat.
    12:30 Sunday and bank holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

I'm not a white wine drinker but my wife loves Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc, often on special and 25% off 6 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

10:30 Monday to Sat.
    12:30 Sunday and bank holidays.

It's 10:30 on Bank Holidays except St Patrick's Day.

And there are special rules for 23rd and 24th December to have weekday hours in case they fall on a Sunday - but they don't kick in this year.

https://centra.ie/beat-the-queue/terms-and-conditions

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I like the Emotivo reds from Italy, I see they have a Pinot Grigio also.
    Brancott Estate have a nice Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Grigio.
    Oyster Bay also mentioned is nice.
    All currently €10.

Graham Norton Sauvignon Blanc is €12.

If you're pushing the boat out, some Supervalus have this Sauvingon Blanc from actress Sarah Jessica Parker, which is lovely (and would have buzz factor as a present).
    https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/product/1674267000

Plus Supervalu have €15 off if you buy 6 bottles.
    Tesco & Dunnes have 25% off 6 bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Anyone any idea how much Bulmers is currently in Dunnes ? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

About 50 slabs of Guinness 500ml in Tesco oranmore. 2 for 35 deal back on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

At least a couple of pallets of 500ml Guinness slabs available this morning at €20 each or 2 for €35 in Hillcrest Tesco (Just off the N4 at Lucan, Co. Dublin)

for Sauvignon Blanc you won't beat the original, Sancerre.
    SV have it marked down to €15 which is a very good price for any Sancerre.
    less €15 if you are buying 6.
    Add in some shop and save vouchers could get you a further €15 off if you are savy enough.
    €60 for 6 bottles of Sancerre is unreal as you would do well to get a bottle in the Sancerre region for anywhere near a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Seve OB wrote: »
    for Sauvignon Blanc you won't beat the original, Sancerre.
    SV have it marked down to €15 which is a very good price for any Sancerre.
    less €15 if you are buying 6.
    Add in some shop and save vouchers could get you a further €15 off if you are savy enough.
    €60 for 6 bottles of Sancerre is unreal as you would do well to get a bottle in the Sancerre region for anywhere near a tenner.

If that's the Guy Saget one they usually do it's pretty nice and great value at €15 even before the deals / vouchers etc

DublinCJM wrote: »
    If that's the Guy Saget one they usually do it's pretty nice and great value at €15 even before the deals / vouchers etc

yes it is

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Is there a difference between Tesco branches? I went into my local and they weren't running the 2 for 35 when people said it was in other branches. Does anyone know if that is the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

So from January on no offers on booze:

So at the moment you can buy 4 bottles of swithwicks for €10 . In january will I have to pay €3.65 each for a bottle going forward from January ?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

fin12 wrote: »

So at the moment you can buy 4 bottles of swithwicks for €10 . In january will I have to pay €3.65 each for a bottle going forward from January ?

buy wat u can now if that's the case

buy wat u can now if that's the case

No I want to know about January.

Yes.
    You may still see offers such as Smithwicks for €3 each but you won't see any offers such as 4 individual bottles for €10.
    I'm a bit unclear if they released an actual 4 pack product, as that's a different stock item, could that be sold for €10 - based on below, I think they could be as it wouldn't count as the purchase of 'another' product.

https://www.thejournal.ie/alcohol-laws-january-2021-4950074-Dec2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

No I want to know about January.

was in a tesco's the other day i i asked a tesco worker why have put up barrier doors at alcohol section she said thats for the 11th janaury wen the new rules come in regarding alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dubstepper wrote: »
    Is there a difference between Tesco branches? I went into my local and they weren't running the 2 for 35 when people said it was in other branches. Does anyone know if that is the case?
    It could be in the system and not advertised on the shelf. They obviously did not want to sell any cases as they were unwrapping them and making it awkward for people.

A trick is to use the self scanner, this should show up any deals as you go. But you have to scan the can 48 times!, this can be done quickly enough once you are at the perfect distance just trigger away. They can do it at the self scan section and type it in for you. I use self scan a lot when using vouchers as it lets me just get barely above the voucher limit without having to tot it up myself.

• Advertisement

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Yes.
    You may still see offers such as Smithwicks for €3 each but you won't see any offers such as 4 individual bottles for €10.
    I'm a bit unclear if they released an actual 4 pack product, as that's a different stock item, could that be sold for €10 - based on below, I think they could be as it wouldn't count as the purchase of 'another' product.

https://www.thejournal.ie/alcohol-laws-january-2021-4950074-Dec2019/
    That’s going to be very expensive buying swithwicks by the bottle. Thanks. I will stock up on it.

Advertisement