Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Seve OB wrote: »
    for Sauvignon Blanc you won't beat the original, Sancerre.
    SV have it marked down to €15 which is a very good price for any Sancerre.
    less €15 if you are buying 6.
    Add in some shop and save vouchers could get you a further €15 off if you are savy enough.
    €60 for 6 bottles of Sancerre is unreal as you would do well to get a bottle in the Sancerre region for anywhere near a tenner.

Aldi have a great Sancerre, exquisite range, always around €14.99 but is €10 at the moment, it’s a super wine

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

fin12 wrote: »
    No I want to know about January.
    From 11th January no discount on alcohol, will not be able to use Dunnes 10 off 50 etc etc. Decided a year ago with a lead time to help us all get used to it. See https://www.mhc.ie/latest/insights/food-beverage-update-no-loyalty-points-for-drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

fulhamfan wrote: »
    From 11th January no discount on alcohol, will not be able to use Dunnes 10 off 50 etc etc. Decided a year ago with a lead time to help us all get used to it. See https://www.mhc.ie/latest/insights/food-beverage-update-no-loyalty-points-for-drinking
    Time to head north...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

for Sauvignon Blanc you won't beat the original, Sancerre.
    SV have it marked down to €15 which is a very good price for any Sancerre.
    less €15 if you are buying 6.
    Add in some shop and save vouchers could get you a further €15 off if you are savy enough.
    €60 for 6 bottles of Sancerre is unreal as you would do well to get a bottle in the Sancerre region for anywhere near a tenner.

Aldi are doing sancerre at the moment for €10 a bottle but you're right, it's unbelievable value. Most decent sancerres start at north of €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭mjp

mfceiling wrote: »
    Aldi are doing sancerre at the moment for €10 a bottle but you're right, it's unbelievable value. Most decent sancerres start at north of €25.

Is this the sancerre you on about. Might try pick up a few bottles of it tommorow if in stock. Is it 10 or 10:30 that the off licences can open from. Pity thy don't allow the supermarkets serve from earlier for xmas week alone as it's a pain if doing the groceries early in morning to avoid the rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

mjp wrote: »
    Is this the sancerre you on about. Might try pick up a few bottles of it tommorow if in stock. Is it 10 or 10:30 that the off licences can open from. Pity thy don't allow the supermarkets serve from earlier for xmas week alone as it's a pain if doing the groceries early in morning to avoid the rush.

I got a couple of them a few weeks ago for 10 blips each. Weren’t bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Lidl still has the Stella Artois 24 bottles for €18. This is a great deal and it’s a fine lager. I find the hangovers are ok with it. Only negative I have is the paper you need to rip off from the lid, what is the point of having that there??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

That's the one. 10.30 is the off license opening time. It's great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭POBox19

Just got screwed by Tesco Omni on 2 slabs of Guinness, big flashing sign above a stack €20 each or 2 for €35, checked the receipt for 2 charged €40.
    Be careful out there.
    Also, saw in there Baileys 1ltr with a sign €13, in very small print it said 70cl.
    Be very careful out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭bassy

wheres best place for good deals on 24 slab of carling heineken carlsberg ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

POBox19 wrote: »
    Just got screwed by Tesco Omni on 2 slabs of Guinness, big flashing sign above a stack €20 each or 2 for €35, checked the receipt for 2 charged €40.
    Be careful out there.
    Also, saw in there Baileys 1ltr with a sign €13, in very small print it said 70cl.
    Be very careful out there.

I'm from Cavan and I actually find this post a bit on the tight side :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭bassy

Mimon wrote: »
    I'm from Cavan and I actually find this post a bit on the tight side :D

be careful out there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

bassy wrote: »

I think CarryOut has Carling and Bud for 24 roughly. I haven't seen much Carling around. Heineken 24 in Tesco and Bud Carlsberg 20

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Any good offers on whiskey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I saw slabs of Carling in Lidl not sure of the price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

This evening it's €20 in Dunnes Roscommon for Guinness 470ml and Carlsberg 500.
    €30 for Coors light.

Frozen Veg wrote: »

Picked up this for myself in Tesco yesterday. Bushmills 10 year old single malt for 30 euro.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/details/?id=256410088

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

Frozen Veg wrote: »

This is good, normally around 45
    https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=290670747

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Lightscribe

Anyone see a good deal on a whiskey that will solely be used for hot whiskies so doesn't need to be anything special.

Thanks

Anyone see a good deal on a whiskey that will solely be used for hot whiskies so doesn't need to be anything special.

Thanks

1L Powers is 25 in Dunnes

• Advertisement

Drink related - Does anywhere have organic lemons? Tried them a few months back and they have no wax so far nicer in a hot whiskey. Tesco don't seem to stock them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Lidl sell them. Not sure about stocks or the availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Thanks

Powers 70cl is 18e in Tesco
    Paddy 1l is 25e in Supervalu

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

1L Powers is 25 in Dunnes

it was 30 the other day, did it come down again?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Thanks

This might be an unpopular opinion but anytime I get sick I head to Lidl and get the Queen Margot whiskey, one is 15 the other 19 and I find it grand for hot whiskey. I actually prefer the cheaper one. I'm not a whiskey drinker though so wouldn't know the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

That’s the one I mentioned alright

10.30 weekdays and sat
    12.30 Sunday’s

it was 30 the other day, did it come down again?

Yep, I got it Monday. The 700ml was 18 last week and 1L 30. 700ml is 20 (I think) this week, so prices are changing very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

nantony98 wrote:
    I was just looking at supervalu wines online, the buy 6 get €15 off is on a very limited range. Might be different in store but I doubt it. Was going to go there after work to stock up, don't think I'll bother now. Dunne's or Tesco have 25% off any 6 bottles.

I think it applies to all their wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭nantony98

I believe you are right, I clicked on a "all in this offer" tab and it showed a limited range but in reality all of the wines seem to be included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

6 wines for €20 from a selection in Lidl until tomorrow

Advertisement