Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

nantony98 wrote:
    I believe you are right, I clicked on a "all in this offer" tab and it showed a limited range but in reality all of the wines seem to be included.

Yes, but for anything more than a tenner a bottle, the 25% discount in Dunnes and Tesco is a better deal, even after SuperValu increased their reduction from €10 to €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

Lidl wines 6 for 20

adam240610 wrote: »
    Lidl wines 6 for 20

Good grief, that would be suspiciously cheap even in France. That has to be a loss leader. €3.18 of every bottle is Excise Duty. At 6 bottles for €20, that leaves just under 15 cents for the wine, the bottle, the transport and their profit margin!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

Best prices around on smirnoff 70cls?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,890 ✭✭✭✭zell12

adam240610 wrote: »
    Lidl wines 6 for 20
    Stampede at 10:30am!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

still 3 for €50 in Tesco
    expires 24th or 25th I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Got 15 off six bottles of wine in SV last night. Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭you2008

Tazz T wrote: »

You may missed the 6 for €20.00 at Lidl, all though, not sure they are drinkable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Tazz T wrote: »

Using the 5 off 35 from the app would have made it even sweeter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I see on the Tesco website they have 470ml slabs of Guinness for €20 or 2 for €35 until the 24th but I still got another 2 500ml Guinness slabs for €35 up in Clare Hall this morning and there was a decent stockpile of them. My last €5 voucher made it better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Cobra 12 bottles for 12 in Dunnes. Carlsberg unfiltered 1euro a can in Next Door Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think just buying the 1litre in duness for €20 is better

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

Ohmeha wrote: »
    I see on the Tesco website they have 470ml slabs of Guinness for €20 or 2 for €35 until the 24th but I still got another 2 500ml Guinness slabs for €35 up in Clare Hall this morning and there was a decent stockpile of them. My last €5 voucher made it better

same here got 4 slabs 500ml ones for 70 euro had a 12 euros voucher paid only paid 58 euro bargain.. that's tesco every little helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭uli84

Using the 5 off 35 from the app would have made it even sweeter!!

How to get 5 off 35? Which app is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

fin12 wrote: »
    So from January on no offers on booze:

So at the moment you can buy 4 bottles of swithwicks for €10 . In january will I have to pay €3.65 each for a bottle going forward from January ?

That's not correct. They can run offers but you cannot use the vouchers against the payment for alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

€20 for the Litre around the place like in Tesco. The 70cl was €18 or I think 3 for €50. So the litre is better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

kn wrote: »
    That's not correct. They can run offers but you cannot use the vouchers against the payment for alcohol.

You cannot avail of a discount on alcohol by means of another purchase - I am assumimg that also means another alcohol purchase. So no 4 for 10 deals.
    But could be wrong on that.

Discounting individual items or multipacks is ok would be my read on it.

https://www.thejournal.ie/alcohol-laws-january-2021-4950074-Dec2019/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭mjp

Tesco Galway shopping centre fully stocked with the 500ml guinness cans this morning at 11 clock and got 2 for €35

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

Are bulmers slabs still on offer anywhere

odyssey06 wrote:
    You cannot avail of a discount on alcohol by means of another purchase - I am assumimg that also means another alcohol purchase. So no 4 for 10 deals. But could be wrong on that.

I think you are wrong on that. Offers like 4 for €10 beers or 25% off 6 bottles of wine apply to everyone.

A guy in Dunnes told me that from January, alcohol purchases won't count as part of your total to use a €10 off €50 voucher. I don't know if alcohol will be included count as part of the amount that triggers your next voucher - I.e the one you can use next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

GY A1 wrote: »
    Are bulmers slabs still on offer anywhere

I couldn't find any. I got 12 for 15 in Centra 500mls. Someone else might know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

1 more day of booze deals tomorrow then a great depression of €40 crates until about March/April when things kick off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

1 more day of booze deals tomorrow then a great depression of €40 crates until about March/April when things kick off again.

There will be wine deals for Valentines but not as good as what we have now. Slabs will be out prior to Paddy's Day. Mainly Guinness I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Will there not be more deals for New Years eve?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

First Up wrote: »
    I think you are wrong on that. Offers like 4 for €10 beers or 25% off 6 bottles of wine apply to everyone.
    A guy in Dunnes told me that from January, alcohol purchases won't count as part of your total to use a €10 off €50 voucher. I don't know if alcohol will be included count as part of the amount that triggers your next voucher - I.e the one you can use next time.

I hope you are right but if you read the link below it is not just loyalty discounts that are targeted it is other promotional activity such as:
    e.g. You can't have a discounted price on alcohol for less than 3 days so no 1 day, or weekend only specials. There's no loyalty aspect to such offers.

https://www.thejournal.ie/alcohol-laws-january-2021-4950074-Dec2019/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

same here got 4 slabs 500ml ones for 70 euro had a 12 euros voucher paid only paid 58 euro bargain.. that's tesco every little helps

May your yuletide logs be black and ferocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

uli84 wrote: »
    How to get 5 off 35? Which app is it?

Real rewards, install it on your phone and pick up s card in store. Once you're set up you'll see it in vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Tesco Drumcondra (opposite St Pats) has Guinness 2 for €35 available. 500mls.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

First Up wrote: »

Multibuy & meal-deal type discounts and discounts that last 72 hours or less will all be banned.

• Advertisement

odyssey06 wrote:
    I hope you are right but if you read the link below it is not just loyalty discounts that are targeted it is other promotional activity such as: e.g. You can't have a discounted price on alcohol for less than 3 days so no 1 day, or weekend only specials. There's no loyalty aspect to such offers.

That article just confirms that alcohol will be excluded from loyalty/reward programmes.

The 4 for €10 and 25% off 6 offers are pretty well permanent. I don't think I ever heard of one day or weekend specials. I certainly never used them.

Advertisement