Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

SkatesOn wrote: »
    The VAT and the Duty go to the revenue - that's probably close to 50%?

only 19% of the additional goes to revenue.

People continually say this is for another thread, but the ingorance surrounding this is utterly astonishing and it IS related to "booze deals", as it could possibly not go ahead. I would say the majority of people think this is a tax going from what I see online, and talking to people I know. People need to be objecting to this to local TDs etc and letting as many know as possible that the pro lobby are conning people into thinking it has a minimal effect on low risk drinkers.

And as mentioned it more than likely will effect all drink prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

rubadub wrote: »
    only 19% of the additional goes to revenue.

People continually say this is for another thread, but the ingorance surrounding this is utterly astonishing and it IS related to "booze deals", as it could possibly not go ahead. I would say the majority of people think this is a tax going from what I see online, and talking to people I know. People need to be objecting to this to local TDs etc and letting as many know as possible that the pro lobby are conning people into thinking it has a minimal effect on low risk drinkers.

And as mentioned it more than likely will effect all drink prices.

I would echo rubadub's thinking that most people think that this is a tax increase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

https://www.blacksbrewery.com/shop/twin-can/?ml_subscriber=1673231747707311580&ml_subscriber_hash=s2g4

Blacks of kinsale 24 of each, 48 cans x 330ml, the session ipa and kpa pale ale €85..... free shipping

Tesco
    Smirnoff Red Label Vodka 1 Litre
    €20.00
    same with gordons standard, and capt morgan

Smirnoff Red Label Vodka 70Cl
    same with gordons
    €18.00 (€25.72/l)
    same with gordons regular, pink, lemon, and the mediterranian orange. & capt morgan

no start or end dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Just back from Tesco Stillorgan.

They had Heino 24 cans for 24 but no sign of the Guinness in slabs at all but suspect they’ll be in.

Also suds beer Rockshore and RS Light case of 20 Btls 15 each

Jameson caskmates IPA and Stout - can def recommend the latter - 25.

Funny no sale or promo on them even tho they’re reduced. Obviously to do with new laws

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Funny no sale or promo on them even tho they’re reduced. Obviously to do with new laws
    The new laws do not stop advertising reductions. The smirnoff offers often do not have any yellow labels declaring them to be on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

This range is reduced from €24.99 to €19.99 in my local Lidl ... anybody give them a go ? Opinions ?

551537.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Haven't tried them.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

RayCon wrote: »
    This range is reduced from €24.99 to €19.99 in my local Lidl ... anybody give them a go ? Opinions ?

551537.jpg

I got a bottle of the stout edition last week and won't be back for another.. Not even close to the Jameson version.. Too raw for my liking.. I got a bottle of Dunphy's in supervalu at the weekend for €21 and it's far smoother, much like the regular Jameson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Tesco are starting their clubcard promotion sometime this week.... they will be selling boxes of carlsberg bottles for €12 down from €17 when you scan your clubcard. I seen the posters going up this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tesco clubcard promo starting tomorrow
    Max two alcohol products per customer/clubcard

Tesco
    2109-GHP-Carousel-Selected-Wine-7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

laros wrote: »
    Tesco are starting their clubcard promotion sometime this week.... they will be selling boxes of carlsberg bottles for €12 down from €17 when you scan your clubcard. I seen the posters going up this evening

Lovely, nice way around the promotion restrictions. Think some other off licence chain did it first with their loyalty card.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

zell12 wrote: »
    Tesco clubcard promo starting tomorrow

Where did you see this I don't see anything on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

zell12 wrote: »

That would be easy enough to bypass by getting a few new club cards and registering them in different names.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

RayCon wrote: »
    This range is reduced from €24.99 to €19.99 in my local Lidl ... anybody give them a go ? Opinion's

I bought a bottle of the regular Dundalgan a while back and if I didn't open the bottle myself I would have bet it wasn't whiskey.
    I'm no whiskey snob either, I do love a redbreast or John's lane but I also enjoy Aldi's clontarf whiskey too.
    Perhaps the other options in the range are better, I won't be waisting my money finding out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

112143 wrote: »
    I bought a bottle of the regular Dundalgan a while back and if I didn't open the bottle myself I would have bet it wasn't whiskey.
    I'm no whiskey snob either, I do love a redbreast or John's lane but I also enjoy Aldi's clontarf whiskey too.
    Perhaps the other options in the range are better, I won't be waisting my money finding out though.

Just for a bit a balance here i drink various whiskeys ranging from €25 a bottle to €100 depending on my mood. Probably have close to 30 bottles.

I have a bottle of this dundealgan stout edition and was pleasantly surprised at it. It’s creamy almost.

I’ve a few whiskeys aged in stout barrels and was never blown away by them but this one and the Jameson on pull it off.

Another good cheap whiskey at the moment is West Cork charred cask edition. Lovely whiskey for only around €25.

I’d classify both of these as not too complex, easy sippers. Or even better still nice with a good imperial stout along side them.

Some great whiskey out there at the moment to be honest. Thank god the days of budget paddy being the only cheap whiskey are gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Just for a bit a balance here i drink various whiskeys ranging from €25 a bottle to €100 depending on my mood. Probably have close to 30 bottles.

I have a bottle of this dundealgan stout edition and was pleasantly surprised at it. It’s creamy almost.

I’ve a few whiskeys aged in stout barrels and was never blown away by them but this one and the Jameson on pull it off.

Another good cheap whiskey at the moment is West Cork charred cask edition. Lovely whiskey for only around €25.

I’d classify both of these as not too complex, easy sippers. Or even better still nice with a good imperial stout along side them.

Some great whiskey out there at the moment to be honest. Thank god the days of budget paddy being the only cheap whiskey are gone!

Open to correction but I think West Cork and Dundalgan come from the same distillery?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

MacDanger wrote: »
    Open to correction but I think West Cork and Dundalgan come from the same distillery?

It seems to be now, though the name would suggest that once upon a time they were probably supplied from Cooley, and a bit of googling suggests the same, with older results saying Cooley, and more recent ones saying West Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,949 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

cython wrote: »
    It seems to be now, though the name would suggest that once upon a time they were probably supplied from Cooley, and a bit of googling suggests the same, with older results saying Cooley, and more recent ones saying West Cork.

The Ardfallen in ALDI is also from West Cork distillers, priced €19.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Cluster pack of 15 Cans of Guinness in Super Valu for €19
    They where €20 in Dunnes last week.
    Looks like a rugby promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Cluster pack of 15 Cans of Guinness in Super Valu for €19
    They where €20 in Dunnes last week.
    Looks like a rugby promotion

I picked them up in Tesco for €20 last week too.

cython wrote: »

Both west cork alright.

Another one from West Cork sold in Dunnes only from what I can see. Also very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭PreCocious

We've tried the ordinary Dundalgan and it's not great. Quite bland. The Clontarf in Aldi is much nicer.

PreCocious wrote: »
    We've tried the ordinary Dundalgan and it's not great. Quite bland. The Clontarf in Aldi is much nicer.

Haven’t tried the ordinary Dundealgan but the aged in stout barrels one is a lovely whiskey. Loads of mouthfeel, almost creamy in texture.

It’s not overly complex and doesn’t linger like a more expensive whiskey does but sitting watching a box set mid week and you don’t fancy crackin open the good **** this is one to reach for in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭SteM

Another one from West Cork sold in Dunnes only from what I can see. Also very nice.

Any idea how much this is?

Advertisement