Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It's a funny set up Black's. They seem to make every kind of drink going.

Even at half price I'd say you could get similar in Lidl or Aldi for less. (22 generic Irish craft beers and a bottle of Irish gin).

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭captainshamroc

KPA is a tasty beer though. Pretty much my default these days as its in the local corner shop and I'll pick up a few different tasters if I go to an offie. It is much cheaper to buy in a shop than direct so unless what you are looking for is on sale by Blacks you'll get as good a deal in O'Briens.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,854 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The Rocketship deal was a good one, but gone within 15 minutes of being posted here. Wouldn't be bothered with the other deal.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Has it been confirmed this is still the french stuff?

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

fox1fox1 wrote: »
    Tesco have Duvel at €2.50

Saw this yesterday and bought 5. I’ve never really gotten into the ales/beers but this are amazing.

Will defiantly buy more tomorrow.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

clio_16v wrote: »
    Any Guinness deals this weekend?

The best I could find was 12 cans for €17.50 in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Porterhouse range in lidl is reduced to 2.49 a can. Wrasslers is a lovely stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

20 300ml bottles of Carlsberg €15.99 in lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Porterhouse range in lidl is reduced to 2.49 a can. Wrasslers is a lovely stout.

Should have been priced at that originally to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Peter File wrote: »
    20 300ml bottles of Carlsberg €15.99 in lidl

I always thought a 300ml bottle was really sneaky.
    You then think it's a better bargain than it is compared to 330ml bottles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Rockshore cider
    Applemans
    Orchard thieves
    All 8 for 11euro in dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Jonnnie Walker Red Label 17.99 Tesco reduced to clear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

8 for €12 in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Mav11 wrote: »
    8 for €12 in Tesco.

1.50 a can is very dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Could people posting prices here please say the size of the bottle or can they are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,563 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

First Up wrote: »
    Could people posting prices here please say the size of the bottle or can they are talking about?
    You can take is that a bottle is 300-330ml, can is 500ml unless stated otherwise.

You can take is that a bottle is 300-330ml, can is 500ml unless stated otherwise.

So what does 8 for €12 in Tesco mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭SteM

Ah come on, it's obvious. It was a post made in response to deals on Guinness and no one prices bottles of Guinness on this thread. You couldn't tell what 8 for €12 means?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Mav11 wrote: »
    8 for €12 in Tesco.
    ballyargus wrote: »
    1.50 a can is very dear.

What exactly is unclear to you? If you can't be bothered to read what people take the trouble to post then stop clogging up the thread with stupid questions.

Re. bargains - good article in IT yesterday on some of the SV Italian wine sale.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/john-wilson-six-to-try-from-supervalu-s-italian-wine-sale-1.4571375

SteM wrote:
    Ah come on, it's obvious. It was a post made in response to deals on Guinness and no one prices bottles of Guinness on this thread. You couldn't tell what 8 for €12 means?

I could guess but wouldn't it be better if I didn't have to?

Beer (including Guinness) comes in bottles and cans. Beer bottles on sale in Ireland range from 300ml to 500ml.

Spirits come in 70cl and 1 ltr bottles.

• Advertisement

What exactly is unclear to you? If you can't be bothered to read what people take the trouble to post then stop clogging up the thread with stupid questions.

If people are taking the trouble to post, maybe they could go to a very small bit of extra trouble and be precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭SteM

Beer (including Guinness) comes in bottles and cans. Beer bottles on sale in Ireland range from 300ml to 500ml.

Or you could load up tesco.ie and type in Guinness to see 8 cans for €12. Mad concept I know.

SteM wrote:
    Or you could load up tesco.ie and type in Guinness to see 8 cans for €12. Mad concept I know.

Of course I could but what's so terrible about asking folk using a thread about booze prices to give accurate information about booze prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

But you didn't have to guess. That's the point they are making.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ekofx

If people are taking the trouble to post, maybe they could go to a very small bit of extra trouble and be precise.

Idk dude... people around this topic already had the burden of comparing prices, mostly in-loco, get home, go to their computer, load this page, and post it - all this of pure heart, not gaining a single penny, just to help other people.
    And instead of being thankful for them, or showing appreciation... you rather criticize and give them more trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Of course I could but what's so terrible about asking folk using a thread about booze prices to give accurate information about booze prices?

Oh give it a rest eh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Tesco

1 (one) box of 18 (eighteen) bottles (not cans / cups)

€15 / IR£11.82

Each bottle is 0.33l / 33cl / 330ml / 11.62fl oz

Price per bottle = €0.83333333333334

There is beer in each bottle

Of which 4.7% (0.047) is alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 82,563 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

ablelocks wrote: »
    Tesco

1 (one) box of 18 (eighteen) bottles (not cans / cups)

€15 / IR£11.82

Each bottle is 0.33l / 33cl / 330ml / 11.62fl oz

Price per bottle = €0.83333333333334

There is beer in each bottle

Of which 4.7% (0.047) is alcohol

Do Tesco take Dunnes vouchers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask how much beer you're getting in the deal.

Anyway, back to the bargains, Lidl are doing 0.0167728286502576 hogshead of Perlenbacher for 7.49 euros. Plenty of stock in Doughiska, Galway earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

568, 650,660 and 720 as well.

Advertisement