Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Looks like a full scale price war between the supermarkets, which has to be good news. I assume the breweries are almost giving it away, with the pubs shut so make the most of that while it lasts.

The spirits story is curious as 90% of that must have always been off sales. Tesco are now selling a litre of Gordon's Gin for €20 which is good news but when you remember that pre Covid the retail price was €35, you'd like to hope that some of these price reductions will outlast the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

First Up wrote: »
    Not at all.

Have you heard of shops called Tesco, SuperValu, Dunnes Stores and OBriens?
    Yep, and none of those are selling litre bottles.
    Tesco are now selling a litre of Gordon's Gin for €20 which is good news but when you remember that pre Covid the retail price was €35, you'd like to hope that some of these price reductions will outlast the virus.
    tesco regularly sell smirnoff/morgans/gordons at 20 a litre. You can search this thread to see how regular. For some reason they often do not declare it as being an offer, i.e. no start or end dates and no yellow labels.

At the moment they do have dates valid from 2/6/2021 until 8/6/2021

It can go to 27, 26, and 25 quite a bit too. I have been stocking up on smirnoff as it will keep indefinitely and will be about 30 a litre if min pricing comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

casio4 wrote: »
    Where is this?

That's funny

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

cadaliac wrote: »
    That's funny
    I fail to see the humour?

Aldi/Lidl appear to be doing store-specific pricing on slabs and the poster is wondering in which specific Aldi store slabs were on offer @ €19.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,058 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl
    IpHhMwc.png

• Advertisement

Lidl also have another guaranteed unbeatable prices on selected spirits from 14/06
    PdbxOqK.png

rubadub wrote:
    tesco regularly sell smirnoff/morgans/gordons at 20 a litre. You can search this thread to see how regular. For some reason they often do not declare it as being an offer, i.e. no start or end dates and no yellow labels.

For years I got all my gin in Duty Free but Covid has halted that. I had never noticed that Irish shops only sell Bombay in 70cl. I wonder why.

Nor have I ever seen Gordon's or any other "standard" gin for €20. It was always around €35 when I looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭CH3OH

For years I got all my gin in Duty Free but Covid has halted that. I had never noticed that Irish shops only sell Bombay in 70cl. I wonder why.

Nor have I ever seen Gordon's or any other "standard" gin for €20. It was always around €35 when I looked.

555123.jpg

Be quick until8th June

Yes, I picked up a Gordon's for €20 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

casio4 wrote: »
    Where is this?

Sorry for late reply. Was in Aldi Carrick On Suir and Aldi Callan I saw the Guinness & Carlsberg slabs for €19.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭sully123

Giblet wrote: »

That's great to see that. About time they caught up.
    Some interesting deals and products there. 330ml cans of draught Guinness.. Didn't realise that was still a thing.
    Also I wonder if this becks deal really 4pack for 2e??? Few teething problems maybe
    https://www.dunnesstoresgrocery.com/sm/delivery/rsid/258/product/becks-german-pilsner-beer-cans-4-x-500ml-100207339

sully123 wrote: »
    Some interesting deals and products there. 330ml cans of draught Guinness.. Didn't realise that was still a thing.
    Also I wonder if this becks deal really 4pack for 2e??? Few teething problems maybe
    https://www.dunnesstoresgrocery.com/sm/delivery/rsid/258/product/becks-german-pilsner-beer-cans-4-x-500ml-100207339

I work in Dunnes and I've never seen Becks in a 4pk. Could be a new listing that hasn't filtered into stores yet and whoever updates the website is getting ahead of distribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I work in Dunnes and I've never seen Becks in a 4pk..
    these are in obriens at the moment. 24 cans for 25euro, the tray is full of 4 packs. It is only 4%

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

sully123 wrote: »

It also says €4 a Litre so I suspect it is meant to be €2 per can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Picked up a slab of Guinness in Aldi earlier for €20

but Lidl have a 'guaranteed unbeatable price' on guinness slabs - anyone ever challenged them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Is that offer over tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

statto25 wrote: »

Not in my Aldi, Oranmore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

statto25 wrote: »

Not sure but there was about 10 slabs left in Clonee when I got mine. I wasn’t even going on for booze but could say no at that price.

NTC wrote: »
    Not in my Aldi, Oranmore :(
    Did you try ordering delivery by drone? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,973 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Dunnes

Jack Daniels €25

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

Dunnes guinness 26 euro a slab

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

Slabs of Guinness, Bud and Carlsberg in Aldi Childers Rd., Limerick €20

EDIT: Actually it’s €19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭ablelocks

limktime wrote: »
    Slabs of Guinness, Bud and Carlsberg in Aldi Childers Rd., Limerick €20

EDIT: Actually it’s €19

Only carlsberg left now

Edit - that’s the Dublin road store

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If anyone is in a border area- Sainsburys have 15 year old Glenfiddich @ £35 and the special experimental Glenfiddich 'Fire and Cane' @ £42 a bottle.

Only other ok deal in their off-license is the 'Taste the difference' Chablis at £12 for a 70cl bottle.

Not great value- but if you're picky and know what you like, you can get a few reasonable enough offers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,973 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Lidl from tomorrow

Crafty Brewing Company Father's Day Beer Gift Pack

5x500ml Lager, Red Ale, Pale Ale, IPA & Stout

€8.99

(no terms and conditions so I suppose you don't have to be a dad :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

elperello wrote: »
    Lidl from tomorrow

Crafty Brewing Company Father's Day Beer Gift Pack

5x500ml Lager, Red Ale, Pale Ale, IPA & Stout

€8.99

(no terms and conditions so I suppose you don't have to be a dad :) )

Available Ballyvolane, Cork an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Moretti & Tiger 12 Pack - €15 in O'briens

Big fan of Moretti and thats as good as it gets price wise :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If anyone is in a border area- Sainsburys have 15 year old Glenfiddich @ £35 and the special experimental Glenfiddich 'Fire and Cane' @ £42 a bottle.

Only other ok deal in their off-license is the 'Taste the difference' Chablis at £12 for a 70cl bottle.

Not great value- but if you're picky and know what you like, you can get a few reasonable enough offers there.

If you are crossing the border, Sainsbury's have 12 punk IPA cans for 12 stg, red leg rum for 15 and 1L of Bacardi for 17. Tesco also have punk but you need a clubcard which can be gotten on the UK app.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

TheDriver wrote: »
    If you are crossing the border, Sainsbury's have 12 punk IPA cans for 12 stg, red leg rum for 15 and 1L of Bacardi for 17. Tesco also have punk but you need a clubcard which can be gotten on the UK app.
    My ROI Clubcard always works for me in UK Tesco stores.

Advertisement