Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Quackster wrote: »
    My ROI Clubcard always works for me in UK Tesco stores.

It stopped working a while ago in northern Ireland Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I just signed up on the UK app for a new one which scans from the app. No issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

I can't find the UK Tesco app on the play store?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭ Reuben Faithful Oceanographer

G rock wrote: »

I found it was region-blocked on a Samsung, even after using a UK VPN node. Then, for some mad reason, it worked OK on an older Samsung. So I just use that when I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

Quick question - is the sale prices on O'Briens websites the same as instore? Want to pick up a few things for the weekend but cant get delivery because will be on the move. Titos being the main one at €25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I had to download the apk and install as an unknown source.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,943 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

mamaz wrote: »
    Quick question - is the sale prices on O'Briens websites the same as instore? Want to pick up a few things for the weekend but cant get delivery because will be on the move. Titos being the main one at €25

Afaik always the same just the stores have less stock so maybe phone ahead to see if they have it. The website has a much wider range.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Apkmonk. It also has nectar and all the other region blocked apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

mamaz wrote: »

They are yes, but as mentioned be wary of stock levels one of my local obriens never seem to have the 'sale' items (they say they've run out) whereas the others always have them. :confused:

Summer specials in LIDL:

LIDL have 'Bitterol Spritz' for €7.99 for 750ml.
    It's their version of Aperol Spritz, which has an rrp of €19 of 700ml, so seems like a bargain in comparison.
    https://www.lidl.ie/p/summer-bbq-food/bitterol-spritz/p13363

They have had cocktails in a can, €1.50 for 200ml Cosmopolitan, Mojito at 7%-8% which is a bit stronger than typical pre-mixed fare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Summer specials in LIDL:

LIDL have 'Bitterol Spritz' for €7.99 for 750ml.
    It's their version of Aperol Spritz, which has an rrp of €19 of 700ml, so seems like a bargain in comparison.
    https://www.lidl.ie/p/summer-bbq-food/bitterol-spritz/p13363

They have had cocktails in a can, €1.50 for 200ml Cosmopolitan, Mojito at 7%-8% which is a bit stronger than typical pre-mixed fare.

At 8.5% the bitterol looks more like a premix of aperol spritz rather than aperol itself which would make it poor enough value?

omicron wrote: »
    At 8.5% the bitterol looks more like a premix of aperol spritz rather than aperol itself which would make it poor enough value?

Hmm proper aperol is 11% so it looks like it has some soda already mixed alright, good spot there but still seems like good value at less than half the price of 'pure' Aperol.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

laros wrote: »
    It stopped working a while ago in northern Ireland Tesco
    When they brought in the new contactless Clubcards? I haven't been in a supermarket in Norn Iron since January 2020 for obvious reasons.

Aldi: Specially Selected Valpolicella Ripasso Superiore reduced from €9.99 to €4.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,646 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Was it Tesco that had Apperol at 13e a few weeks back? Might come back again. Handy to pick up a bottle at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

15 packs of Canned Draught Guinness in Tesco last night for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Torc Brewing Killarney

https://torcbrewing.ie/

Free Nationwide delivery if you spend €40

Case of 12 X 500ml bottles = €30

So 24 bottles of what I conider to be very decent craft beer for €60 delivered

They also do fancy coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭dodzy

Still in shock at the bud,Carlsberg and Guinness @ 19 per slab in aldi this week. Un-bloody-real.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

Picked up the last of the brewdog indie Pale ale in Tesco Nenagh, tis on clearance at €3.20 for a 4pack

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

dodzy wrote: »
    Still in shock at the bud,Carlsberg and Guinness @ 19 per slab in aldi this week. Un-bloody-real.

I went to 3 Aldis and no stock any Guinness at this price in south Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

casio4 wrote: »
    I went to 3 Aldis and no stock any Guinness at this price in south Dublin?

When it's gone, it's gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

When it's gone, it's gone.

sometimes they were never there, not the first time this has happened and staff saying they got no stock in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭ablelocks

our local aldi didn't get carlsberg or guinness, only got the bud****er in today

thanks to limktime for the heads up about aldi childers road though, i managed to get 2 slabs of guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭dodzy

casio4 wrote: »
    sometimes they were never there, not the first time this has happened and staff saying they got no stock in

I can attest to the fact that D15 was stocked with all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,058 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Aldi
    QJbbNtK.png

Peroni and Birra Moretti 660ml are 2.50 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

dodzy wrote: »

When is this offer ending?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    When is this offer ending?

was in 6 aldi stores here in dublin no slabs of guinness for 19 euro a 12 guinness for 18 euros i seen in the six stores

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

Lidl have slabs of Guinness were €26 on Wednesday but have increased to €28 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

May have been posted earlier.. Dunnes have Paddy, Powers gold label and Jameson for €20 each.. All 70cl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    May have been posted earlier.. Dunnes have Paddy, Powers gold label and Jameson for €20 each.. All 70cl

I should stop buying all the cheap Powers. Well, my wife certainly thinks I should....

20 bucks for a bottle of powers is brilliant.
    I wonder will all these reductions stop next year when MUP comes in - hopefully not.

Advertisement