Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New window

Options
  • 06-12-2020 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

Would anybody have a guide price for new windows (pvc) for a 4 bed semi d. There are 11 windows in total (varying in size), front door, back door and french doors. The ranges online seem to be massive from €3500 - €22,000!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Alittlehelp45

Hi,

Would anybody have a guide price for new windows (pvc) for a 4 bed semi d. There are 11 windows in total (varying in size), front door, back door and french doors. The ranges online seem to be massive from €3500 - €22,000!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hi,

In order to compare prices you need to know what your pricing for.

Trying to compare the cost of 11 "windows" without knowing the specifications is as futile as trying to compare the cost of 11 "cars"

Choose what u value you want, what material you want, what solar transmittance you want, what air leakage level you want, what iron mongery you want..... And get the providers to price based on that spec

• Registered Users Posts: 46,143 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There are so many variables involved here but I'd expect you should get a reasonable job done for 8 - 10 grand. I would be very worried about that 3.5k figure

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Alittlehelp45

muffler wrote: »
    There are so many variables involved here but I'd expect you should get a reasonable job done for 8 - 10 grand. I would be very worried about that 3.5k figure

Thanks, agree the 3.5k was worrying. €8-10k sounds reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

PVC Door with side windows - 2k (or 2.5k for a composite door with size window)
    PVC French doors - 1.8-2k
    PVC Window various sizes (small to medium) €300-350 each.

Approx prices. Maybe low on the window prices since I can't see how big they are.

€8k+ either way for Irelands biggest uPVC window provider (can't name drop here but you can guess who it is).

• Advertisement
Advertisement