Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KBC split mortgage

Options
  • 06-12-2020 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a question that I thought I could put to KBC but unfortunately they aren't available in Boards anymore. Long story cut short, we agreed to a split mortgage way back in 2012 which was a lifesaver. Our circumstances have slowly improved. We have up-skilled and saved hard to get back on track after losing our jobs etc in 2010. Anyway, we are now getting close to a position where we will be reassessed to see how much of the "parked" amount we can introduce back into our monthly mortgage. How is this decided? Does KBC decide how much we can now afford to pay or is it mutual agreement. We are delighted to be finally doing better and happy to start introducing part of the parked tranche back but we are also a little apprehensive that they will kick us back into poverty. Anyone any experience with this we'd very much appreciate any advice that is offered. Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Congrats on getting back on your feet. You might ask a mod to move this to Banking and Pensions.

Advertisement