Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackout blind

Options
  • 06-12-2020 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭

Does the colour of a blackout blind matter?

Argos are half the price (or even less than half) than other retailers but have no black in stock in any store I can get to and blinds are not for home delivery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Should I have explained that I’m asking this in relation to setting a projector?

I thought it was obvious...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

One in white or off-white would be best, grey screens have a reputation for increasing contrast, haven't tried one myself so I cant comment from experience but commercial screens can be ordered in grey so....

You wouldn't be confusing the colour black with the term "blackout" ? "blackout" just means it doesn't transmit light, hence all light from the projector is reflected towards the viewer. If I'm mistaken on your reference to the colour black - apologies.

You haven't mentioned what size you're looking for - you could try Ikea if its possible from your location - they stocked a blackout blind called Tupplur which was very common for diy screens - it seems to have been replaced by this one https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/fridans-block-out-roller-blind-white-10396864/ at €35 its well worth a go. It also comes in grey if you wanted to try that.

HTH,

Ritz.

Advertisement