Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Waterford City

• 06-12-2020 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

Unfairly banned for a month from Waterford City forum for pointing out a few truths. The post was for trolling which means I pointed out a few facts that are true. Other posters were insulting yet I never attacked any poster.

If you question any future positivity to that town they shout 'troll'.

Questioned the ban and was told by Aquos76:

Nope, my point stands, you only post to get a reaction. Oh and had I have know at the time when I banned you that I had also banned you for a month before, this ban would have been a permanent ban, so count yourself lucky it’s just a month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Is there any update on this?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Apologies for the delay. I have alerted the CMods. If no-one gets to this over the next day or two one of the Admins can take the role of CMod in the appeal

Any update yet?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I will look at this

Is that the only PM (other than the one initially informing you of the ban) you received from the mod?

Could you please post the PM you sent to the mod here

Thanks

Where was I trolling?
    Please reverse this ban.
    My last post there was factually correct.

VM

• Advertisement

Can you please provide a copy of the post which triggered the ban

It would be in the ban message

Edit: No need I've found it

The post that triggered the ban was this
    No planes for the airport, most of the glass gone, St Johns College converted into a housing shelter, Ardree gone, the town declared a sanctuary for asylum chancers, and the travellers' new mecca Carrickpherish Road.

To which the mod replied
    Ok, my patience are gone with you now, I’ve no idea why you even post in the Waterford forum, it just seems that you are only posting to get a reaction, well dunno something you just have, you can take a holiday from here now, I’m banning you from here for a month for constantly being a troll and hopefully when the month is up, you might have forgotten about us

You have made 238 posts in the forum, and had previously picked up a yellow, a red and another 1 month forum ban. Looking back you appealed that forum ban, and I ended up dealing with that appeal here

Now admittedly that prior ban was over a year ago, but I think some of the comments I made have some relevance here

Turning back to the thread which resulted in your ban, your prior post was
    The best things in Waterford have already been ruined.

and before that
    A cable car, a giant statue, a 17-floor apartment block. Waterford is turning into those forgotten towns in the American mid-West that have statues of a plastic dinosaur or ball of elastic bands to make themselves feel important.

The mod had issued a warning when the thread was resurrected after another had been closed. It's clear that some of your posts in that other thread had contributed to that closer.

So getting back to my comments in your prior appeal, I concluded that thread with a post starting as follows:
    TBH if you wish to post predominantly negative things about Waterford I would be happy to support a permanent ban. It winds other posters up (and I can see plenty of evidence of that in reported posts) and has an overall negative impact on the forum

And so we are back where we were with you continuing with your negative posts, when I had previously indicated I would support a permanent ban if you decided to do so. I have given some thought to upping this ban to permanent, but before taking a final decision I would invite your comments on what I have said above

vriesmays, have you anything to add here?

No response by OP

Permanent ban from Waterford City applied

What did I get banned for. The ban got lifted so I didn't reply here.

• Advertisement

Your month-long ban expired on 29 December, a week after I had asked you for any further input as I was considering a permanent ban

You still have the opportunity to respond to my post of 22 December should you wish

No I didn't, can only access the web at weekends so not a regular user.
    I request you let me back on the Waterford City.

I'm not going to allow you back simply on request. You have not commented at all on my post of 22 December.

What's there to comment on. Where is the rule that only positive things can get said. My post was fairly accurate. Who decided that you can only say good things about that town. They've no planes for their airport, no university, no 24-hour cardiac unit, a pie-in-the-sky North Quays project, a 17-floor apartment project that will be another Ballymun, no railway line to Rosslare - Ireland's second biggest port and the town is now a sanctuary for asylum seekers. Why is pointing this out negative.

Plenty of conjecture there. You only ever seem to want to be negative about the place. I'm not seeing any suggestion you will change based on that "reply" and on that basis I am sticking with the permanent ban

You may appeal to another Admin should you wish

No further input from the OP

Marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement