Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby shop question

• 06-12-2020 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

Hello all, first time mam here, currently 24 weeks and finally getting around the buying things for the new addition!

Can anyone point me towards large baby shops to visit? Ideally a shop that does a good selection of everything, reason I’m asking is my baby brain is in full swing and it’s easier for me to make a list if I visit one large venue that has everything and that will then allow me to price compare!

I’m based in North Kildare so any shop in Dublin, midlands and even further afield is all good for me!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Buttercup710

Hello all, first time mam here, currently 24 weeks and finally getting around the buying things for the new addition!

Can anyone point me towards large baby shops to visit? Ideally a shop that does a good selection of everything, reason I’m asking is my baby brain is in full swing and it’s easier for me to make a list if I visit one large venue that has everything and that will then allow me to price compare!

I’m based in North Kildare so any shop in Dublin, midlands and even further afield is all good for me!

Thanks!

We would recommend Baby Elegance in Blanchardstown, found them very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Thanks, is it a decent size baby shop? My energy Zaps by the afternoon so I want to try get as much done in the morning, joys of pregnancy with chromic pain :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Tony kealys in either coolock or Walkinstown are fantastic and have a great range of brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭jellybear

They're also in Dundrum, as is Bella Baby. I'd recommend both :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Manas and Papas Blanch either, although more expenisve.But it is all laid out in these shops so you will have a good idea of what you might need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Don't be buying loads. You won't use half of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Babymoon Babyshop in Tullamore is great. A lot of stuff under one roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

lazygal wrote: »

Totally agree!

carleigh wrote: »
    Babymoon Babyshop in Tullamore is great. A lot of stuff under one roof.

Got my buggy and car seat there, was a lovely shop and will be back to pick up those so will have a look around again

lazygal wrote: »

Ah yea, I’m not planning on going mad, but all I have so far is a half paid off buggy and car seat and some nappies so I do need to get stuff :pac:
    Predominately I need to get the cot and accessories (sheets and mattress), changing area, bathing supplies and feeding items. I’d like to try breastfeeding but I don’t want to be caught short of that doesn’t happen so I’ll grab a feeding set just in case

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    Tony kealys in either coolock or Walkinstown are fantastic and have a great range of brands.

Which one is bigger do you know? Walkinstown or coolock? Or are the similar? Thinking of going to walkinstown and then stopping into eurobaby on the long mile while I’m there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

God im not sure. Think they are fairly similar.
    If def price stuff online like feeding equipment. Smyths is also very competitive for their prices with baby equipment too so try them as well.

andreac wrote: »
    God im not sure. Think they are fairly similar.
    If def price stuff online like feeding equipment. Smyths is also very competitive for their prices with baby equipment too so try them as well.

Thank you! Plan is to have a look and see what I like and then price around, I’m a visual person, pictures online don’t work for me I need to see the actual product, it’s awkward currently unfortunately :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Join Boots parenting club. You get extra points on all children's stuff, you'd be surprised at how quickly it adds up....then you can get a treat for you :)

I get what you are saying about seeing the item, but definitely look on line after you've made your choice as there can be savings to be made there.

Join Boots parenting club. You get extra points on all children's stuff, you'd be surprised at how quickly it adds up....then you can get a treat for you :)

I get what you are saying about seeing the item, but definitely look on line after you've made your choice as there can be savings to be made there.

I gotten that sorted, already picked up a few freebies and with over €60 in point collected I’m thinking of using then towards a pump or a baby monitor , I’ll keep collecting for a while yet and then see how I want to spend them!

Advertisement