Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyberpunk 2077

Comments

o1s1n wrote: »
    Still working on them till the very end maybe?

Launched at midnight on Stadia though apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'm in and playing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

d026cfcaeab56568dc0ca02b09bd1643.png

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Having to play on medium settings like some console peasant. New GPU purchase (when I have saved my pocket money) justified!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Having to play on medium settings like some console peasant. New GPU purchase (when I have saved my pocket money) justified!
    Im playing with a 1080Ti @3440x1440, looks excellent, havnt enabled an FPS counter though as usually those cause problems with new releases, looks smooth on gsych monitor.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Im playing with a 1080Ti @3440x1440, looks excellent, havnt enabled an FPS counter though as usually those cause problems with new releases, looks smooth on gsych monitor.

I'm stuck with flicker on Freesync. No idea if it's the drivers or the new monitor. Fecking AMD drivers. Also 3440x1440. I'm want to try RT and DLSS - I think I'll be going back to team Green.

I'm stuck with flicker on Freesync. No idea if it's the drivers or the new monitor. Fecking AMD drivers. Also 3440x1440. I'm want to try RT and DLSS - I think I'll be going back to team Green.
    Most likely drivers unless the FPS goes too low, the tolerance in freesync is a lot lower and needs higher fps, i. E. depending on monitor but usually you need to stay above 40fps for freesync to work.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Played through the start of it for a bit. Running it at 1440p with a 6700k@4.7Ghz, 32 GB RAM and a RTX 2080 Super and a Samsung 950 pro nvme SSD.

Setting defaulted to a mix of high and ultra and I haven’t really played with them. DLSS is on however as is ray tracing. Getting between 40 and 60 FPS and I’ve had zero issues. Beautiful looking game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Awesome so far, just played a couple of hours. :)

Quick tips if you need performance boost. The opening bar area is a good test for this.
    I was only getting 40ish fps on Ultra @ 1440p with 5700XT/3600 combo.

I dropped Volumetric Resolution & Volumetric Quality to Medium for a big fps boost.
    Screen Space Reflection Quality & Ambient Occulusion to Low, another big boost.
    The 4 shadows options I dropped to Medium & Distant Shadows to Low.
    Motion Blur and Chromatic Aberation to Off (personal preference).
    Lens flare I left on as it looks cool.

Now I get 60+fps pretty much everywhere with very little difference in visual quality, looks fantastic.
    The game feels much, much smoother now.

• Advertisement

2 hours in, very impressed so far, early days but no bugs yet.

Aye, very stable (famous last words).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I just noticed the usual open world jank. Random floating objecting etc.

My fps is all over place jumping to 60 to 80 fps on a 2070. Will have to try messing with the settings.

Does that UW you have use a Samsung panel? If so then that's more than likely the cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Fell asleep last night on the character creation screen. Whoops.
    Late night gaming. Not cut out for it these days. :(

Does that UW you have use a Samsung panel? If so then that's more than likely the cause.

Yep, reckon it's that too as the driver says it's only in borderless windowed mode and I'm getting it in Fullscreen.

Encountered my first bug, the subtitles (which I have disabled) keep sticking.

• Advertisement

Yep, reckon it's that too as the driver says it's only in borderless windowed mode and I'm getting it in Fullscreen.

Encountered my first bug, the subtitles (which I have disabled) keep sticking.

It's more than likely the same panel used in that AOC UW. That has the same flickering issue. The G7 i got supposedly had it too but i updated the FW on it and haven't witnessed anything. Your panel will probably get an update too.

Fell asleep last night on the character creation screen. Whoops.
    Late night gaming. Not cut out for it these days. :(

The penis jiggle physics didn't keep you up? :pac:

It's more than likely the same panel used in that AOC UW. That has the same flickering issue. The G7 i got supposedly had it too but i updated the FW on it and haven't witnessed anything. Your panel will probably get an update too.

Knew I should have stuck with the Iiyama :pac: but this was too good a deal to pass up. There is no USB hub so I think I'm stuck with it.

WOOT! Turned off Radeon Enhanced Sync (Forgot it was even on) and problem solved!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks like this will be the first ever game where I have had to sacrifice 1440p on my i7 6700k/1070 to get a half decent framerate. The game preset me with high settings @ 1440p and I was barely managing 20fps at times.

I've set mine to Medium preset just to get the fps goodness. Looks great and runs butter smooth. Alex from DF will have his optimisation video out soon i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Looks like this will be the first ever game where I have had to sacrifice 1440p on my i7 6700k/1070 to get a half decent framerate. The game preset me with high settings @ 1440p and I was barely managing 20fps at times.

I'm practically the same setup, and I'm not surprised it's a hog, I think I'm saving this for my PS5 in February, a new rig is way down my priorities at the moment...

I've loads to keep me going until then so won't complain... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

I did spend only couple of hours but overall experience I would rate around 8/10. Some minor graphical glitches so far, nothing mayor. Only complain is lack of full UW support, saw some ppl at reddit already complaining so I hope that Cdpr will patch it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Thoroughly enjoying this so far. No game-breaking bugs, just a few graphical glitches here and there. Took me a while to get to grips with hacking, but going a stealth hacking pistol route, I think. Game looks excellent, have to say. Voice acting is pretty good so far too.

Went Corpo; redemption arc and hate for all things Corporation throughout this playthrough. I can see things being very different on other playthroughs depending on playstyle.
    Got to **** over Meredith Stout, that was rather satisfying. B*tch.

onRRMiV.png

Damn you CDPR!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Bit wonky on a 2070s/3600 16gb ssd.

Btw, if anyone is wondering why they're overheating, its because you're being hacked

https://www.ign.com/wikis/cyberpunk-2077/How_to_Stop_Overheating

I was wondering wtf was happening :)

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Btw, if anyone is wondering why they're overheating, its because you're being hacked

https://www.ign.com/wikis/cyberpunk-2077/How_to_Stop_Overheating

I was wondering wtf was happening :)

Is it just me or people stoped reading the screen tips? :)
    Ive watched just a cople of minutes of gameplay from few youtubers, same thing. Wondering what happening to them when just a sec ago they had a popup info.
    But coming back to game, hacking its great. At the start I was playing maybe to much like it was a normal fps game so I wasnt using it often but now after getting a proper ram upgrade oh boy its fun. Just dealt with a crime spot from +50m not being seen, just using quickhacks.

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Is it just me or people stoped reading the screen tips? :)
    Ive watched just a cople of minutes of gameplay from few youtubers, same thing. Wondering what happening to them when just a sec ago they had a popup info.
    But coming back to game, hacking its great. At the start I was playing maybe to much like it was a normal fps game so I wasnt using it often but now after getting a proper ram upgrade oh boy its fun. Just dealt with a crime spot from +50m not being seen, just using quickhacks.
    Depends, first time it happened me was just chaos,i.e. discovered, bullets everywhere and only managed to take out the cameras after clearing the room. I can see if you took a stealthy approach that you'd have plenty of time see the screen tips.

I need to get into the hacking myself but quite enjoy all guns blazing approach also :)

Any decent build guides out there that don't have too many spoilers? Not really sure what I want to do with my first character. Hacking is a bit of a mystery - maybe I should load up my save where they teach you all that stuff again.

• Advertisement

Any decent build guides out there that don't have too many spoilers? Not really sure what I want to do with my first character. Hacking is a bit of a mystery - maybe I should load up my save where they teach you all that stuff again.
    The only one which I kinda check was Spiff.
    He went with high crit pistol, looks op as hell wont be surprised that one of patches change some perks.
    Hacking is great, at first I was not using it a lot and played like typical fps. Some fights were tough, but as soon as I decided to use hacks more, the encounters become easier. Its like in one of reviews I read that to many people forget that Cyberpunk is more rpg than fps, and gunblazing wont always work.
    I went with semi stealth hack option so far. The tech snipers are great, shooting people thru walls is always fun.

KilOit wrote: »
    Bit wonky on a 2070s/3600 16gb ssd.

You’ll find some nvidia control panel tweaks online. May be placebo but worth looking at. DLSS is your friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

have a look at this post on Reddit to improve performance with Ryzen CPUs

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/cyberpunk_2077_seems_to_ignore_smt_and_mostly/gfjf1vo/

I haven't tried it yet and wont get a chance until tomorrow, can someone try it and report back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Anywhere to get a cheaper Steam key, don't want GOG

kingtiger wrote: »
    have a look at this post on Reddit to improve performance with Ryzen CPUs

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/cyberpunk_2077_seems_to_ignore_smt_and_mostly/gfjf1vo/

I haven't tried it yet and wont get a chance until tomorrow, can someone try it and report back?

Give me an hour, as soon as I get back to home will check it.
    Gooey g2a? Just choose a good seller.

EDIT:
    Done it, the AMD soft shows utilization around max 70%, no improvement in fps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

Anyone playing this on an rtx 2060 laptop. If so does it run pretty well

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭harmless

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Give me an hour, as soon as I get back to home will check it.
    Gooey g2a? Just choose a good seller.

EDIT:
    Done it, the AMD soft shows utilization around max 70%, no improvement in fps.

I believe these is little if any real performance to be gained on AMD CPU's with 6 or more cores as 6 threads is all the game really needs.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Anyone playing this on an rtx 2060 laptop. If so does it run pretty well

You'll have to turn the details down quite low, but it still looks pretty good.

Bought a sniper rife; I think I've found my calling :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »

It was mentioned already here and in Zen thread.
    I tried it on 1.03, true that utilization of cpu went up to 70% but fps stayed the same, maybe got like 2 extra.
    Im on 2600 with rx5700xt, first game which really made xt pump up the heat, over 70°.
    With the 1.04 I have the feeling that fps is jumping up and down, in the end went with resolution scaling down to 70% with 60fps locked.
    Love the game but longer I play the more bugs I find, some are hilarious, but some just show sign of poor beta testing.
    Maybe not a bug nor feature, if You want to deal with "red skull" enemy, use normal grenade. Got my first group of them after prologue, first used tone of quickhacks for a lot of exp, when they found me, i did just throw nades under them, can do a pernament stun lock.
    Im torn between playing it more or waiting for more fixes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

9900k and 1080 and runs fine on 2k (peasant mode) Mostly high settings.

Only glitches I am getting are minor visual glitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this video gives the settings recommended to get the bang for performance

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I pre ordered CP77 on the 30th November from Gamestop... still not received and upon phoning An Post, they have said that due to "unprecedented" post, they cannot guarantee delivery by 20th December. I mean seriously... Coronavirus hardly snuck up on them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭harmless

I pre ordered CP77 on the 30th November from Gamestop... still not received and upon phoning An Post, they have said that due to "unprecedented" post, they cannot guarantee delivery by 20th December. I mean seriously... Coronavirus hardly snuck up on them!!

That's typical gamestop. I ordered from a smallish UK retailer for £40, it arrived one day after release but they did say next day delivery was UK only.
    You get some cool suff in the standard PC physical edition especially since you save money at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

It's not like Gamestop didn't have a bad rep already. I mean, come on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Running surprisingly well for me on my 8 year old cpu (i5 3750k) and gtx 1080 on mostly high settings (1440p) 45-50 fps most of the time and 30fps while driving. G-sync helps a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Bought a sniper rife; I think I've found my calling :pac:

There is side mission called "Riders of the Storm" with PANAM that you should do when it becomes available, you get the Overwatch sniper rifle and it is powerful with a custom silencer. It's all you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

There is side mission called "Riders of the Storm" with PANAM that you should do when it becomes available, you get the Overwatch sniper rifle and it is powerful with a custom silencer. It's all you need.

Blades. I need nothing but speed and blades.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ran into first bug in early Ripperdoc quest, I finished talking to him and the quest never advanced, had to reload. Framerate tanked while driving in the city, sub 30.

• Advertisement
Advertisement