Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyberpunk 2077

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Blades. I need nothing but speed and blades.

For fun got myself a blunt baton, upgraded it to around 500dps. Wow. Bad guys were dropping like flies.

The longer I play the often I think they forgot to hire beta testers. So many obvious bugs, glitches which show up during normal gameplay. Like Jackie going thru objects. F me, let the rest of game be buggy as hell but the main story at least should be bug free.

There was a corpo meeting with shareholders, typical answers from top bosses.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ShaneU wrote: »
    Ran into first bug in early Ripperdoc quest, I finished talking to him and the quest never advanced, had to reload. Framerate tanked while driving in the city, sub 30.

Had that exact same bug, only major one I've had so far though I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Headshot wrote: »

What's the plan going forward? If we edit and it improves it...is it likely to be undone in future patches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Made no difference for me

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

CP2077 finally arrived in the post - Is it worth playing on PS4 Pro now or should I wait for future patches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Really getting into this game now. Onto Act 2, things have really opened up.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

CP2077 finally arrived in the post - Is it worth playing on PS4 Pro now or should I wait for future patches?

Honest question,

Will you be able to wait that long with it just sitting there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

According to Digital Foundry, its absolutely awful on last gen consoles, check their videos and commentary on youtube.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

Only issue I have with the game is the awful framerate while driving. You'll need at least an rtx2080 for it not to feel terrible I reckon. Also had a strange bug where my health bar said zero but I was at full health. At the start of Act 2 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Only issue I have with the game is the awful framerate while driving. You'll need at least an rtx2080 for it not to feel terrible I reckon. Also had a strange bug where my health bar said zero but I was at full health. At the start of Act 2 now.

Try turning down the various shadow options to medium or low as they destroy frame rates. Turning DLSS on also help boost up frame rate if you have an Nvidia card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

AI is so broken in this game, just picked off a cyberpsycho with ease. See below.

https://imgur.com/a/hZTsk4t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

AI is so broken in this game, just picked off a cyberpsycho with ease. See below.

https://imgur.com/a/hZTsk4t

Ah go on. You love love it when that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I'd much rather they chase you down relentlessly. Imagine fighting through the whole city Blade Runner style, aggro'ing police etc. It would be mad and fun. Unfortunately the AI doesn't seem anywhere close to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭eastie17

I'd much rather they chase you down relentlessly. Imagine fighting through the whole city Blade Runner style, aggro'ing police etc. It would be mad and fun. Unfortunately the AI doesn't seem anywhere close to that.
    And their public claim about giving refunds is BS. My son tried it, as it is absolute crap on the PS4 and they refused the refund so they are bull****ting about that as well

Where I am in the game is I'm hovering around some of the main missions. Riders On the Storm and Chippin' In. I left those two. I suppose I will end up doing Riders on the Storm, as I know extra effort with into Nomads to keep Americans happy. (Americans love the Nomads.)

Chipin' In. - I was not going to play that mission as
    I elected not to bring Rouge to finish Adam Smasher. However, I just found out this one I need to do to get the Porsche.

I completly skipped the Kerry Eurodine one as I had no interest in following the band man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

eastie17 wrote: »
    And their public claim about giving refunds is BS. My son tried it, as it is absolute crap on the PS4 and they refused the refund so they are bull****ting about that as well

I refunded with GOG on other games in the past that had problems running on my machine. After a few emails trying to tech support with failure they refunded me. I've also had an issue where I wasn't getting a discounted price for a game that got a HD version when I owned the original. They personally saw to my account that I got the discount for upgrading.

I don't buy from GOG any more for unrelated reasons but from my experience they are spot on for customer support. And although I'm angry at the state of the launch of the game (I'm avoiding it) I still think the whole refund fiasco is caused by the abysmal shopping experience that the consoles provide. They're not used to money going anywhere but into their wallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

i5 9400
    16Gb ddr4 3000mhz
    250Gb SSD
    RX 580 8Gb

Will that run Cyberpunk ok??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

i5 9400
    16Gb ddr4 3000mhz
    250Gb SSD
    RX 580 8Gb

I have a 4670k and a 3GB 1060. It runs at low/medium at 1440p reasonably well on my computer so you'll be fine. The default settings for me gave poor performance (can't remember what they were) so I dropped everything to it's lowest setting and started turn thing up to see what worked. I heard about the shadows mentioned above so left them all at their lowest settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

i5 9400
    16Gb ddr4 3000mhz
    250Gb SSD
    RX 580 8Gb

I'd say you'll be fine.
    I've a GTX770 with only 2GB of VRAM (official minimum spec is 3GB) and it runs like a dream, it's the smoothest thing I've played in years.
    I've 16GB of RAM but it only seems to be using 5 or so.

I've probably played 30-40 hours and seen a handful of graphical glitches (e.g. people sitting/leaning on things that weren't there or offset a bit)

Driving is fine for me (I'm not mad about cars' physics, but no graphical issues there).

I've had to save and reload to clear an issue maybe 4-5 times, and given saving takes about a second and loading maybe 4, that's not really a pain.

Cant play today. Just crashes after it loads into the main menu. Nothing has changed. I'm very confused.

MOH wrote: »

Driving is fine for me (I'm not mad about cars' physics, but no graphical issues there).
    Are you driving in first person or third person camera. First person much better frame rate for me. If I turn the camera in third person it completely tanks.

Does anyone know if the 'special suits' work with the senarios in game? For example, if I wear Miltec gear will the guards at a Miltec facility let me pass?

I'll happy to play sneaky in this game. When it's set up right, guard placement/layout, it's brilliant.

Smiles35 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the 'special suits' work with the senarios in game? For example, if I wear Miltec gear will the guards at a Miltec facility let me pass?

I'll happy to play sneaky in this game. When it's set up right, guard placement/layout, it's brilliant.

Not sure it works right. I Stealth knocked out all guards in a mission. Killed no one and still got accused of causing a bloodbath and mayhem.

Not sure it works right. I Stealth knocked out all guards in a mission. Killed no one and still got accused of causing a bloodbath and mayhem.

I just tried, no joy. Comon, CDPR. Wore a Miltec hazmat suit to try and easy complete a mission where I just had to retrive some documents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Are you driving in first person or third person camera. First person much better frame rate for me. If I turn the camera in third person it completely tanks.

Really? No, I'm third person (think there's a few, but the one just above and behind the car).

Now that said, I'm on low settings because I genuinely did not expect this to run at all. But I tried bumping it up as far as high and it still functioned, albeit at maybe 10 fps (eyeball estimate). And I didn't notice that huge a difference, so dropped it back down to low. Also, I'm on a reasonably small 1080p monitor, so maybe not as much an issue for me.

Overall though, I have to see I'm really impressed. I'm never someone to jump on the pre-launch bandwagon of high expectations, but this is a lot better than I thought it would be. The driving is a bit meh, the AI can be poor, and I have to admit I'm somewhat disappointed at the reuse of characters in the general population (intiially assumed that was a scaling saving, though gathering that's not it).

One of the more surprising things for me was how much I love clambering over buildings (hint: get the
    double jump
    ). As somebody who hates any kind of enforced parkour in games that normally annoys me. But it just flows really well here, and makes me consider height as a tactical option porbably better than anything since the last decent Splinter Cell game.

But in terms of building a world, I love it. As somebody ancient enough to have read Neuromancer a few years after it came out - this is that closest I've seen any medium get everything cybperpunk and related stuff in one place. It's got little nods to pretty much everything from Neuromancer, some of Pat Cadigan's stuff, even Strange Days, plus Keanu possibly atoning for Johnny Mnemonic although I've never been able to bring myself to watch it. In a city that mostly looks like Blade Runner but occasionally far more full of kipple and even closer to Dick's bleaker views.

A lot of it too is the little lore bits. Wiped out yet another of the side police quests of crimes in progress, and picked up a PDA with a message the perp offering someone the goods they'd stolen for cash to a hacker group. The response was
    the hackers saying that they'd tracked down the perp's father, who they knew used to beat him and his mother, and had killed his brother. And they'd give his new identity and address in exchange for the goods.

There's a load of little touches like that which make everything a lot less black and white. I think the if Witcher 3 (and consoles) had never existed, this would go down as an incredible game. Hope it sill does, but there's a lot of baggage now. But regardless of whatever corporate issues drove the release, everyone who actually did the work deserves a ton of praise.

Anyway, sorry. That turned into a bit of an ad-hoc review. tl;dr: third person driving is OK for me framerate-wise, on low settings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I have a 4670k and a 3GB 1060. It runs at low/medium at 1440p reasonably well on my computer so you'll be fine. The default settings for me gave poor performance (can't remember what they were) so I dropped everything to it's lowest setting and started turn thing up to see what worked. I heard about the shadows mentioned above so left them all at their lowest settings.

Thanks man good to hear

Have most of the items I want in the game. Where do I track down these quickhacks that have an enemy detonating their own grenade .ect?

Edit: Have a look for for a guide. There are 3 quickhack shops on the map and aparently the best is in Pacifica.

Edit 2: I went to all 3 and could not find exotic hacks such as detonate grenade. I had to get up to level 16 in intelegence then Quckhacking/Hacker Overlord so I could craft them myself.

Found a great cyberphycho. He's found near the Harley and Milk fast travel point. City Centre Corpo plaza. This ****er runs and ends up getting shot at by everybody on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mantis blades with certain mods on your body = Predator :D

After yersterday I have to take a break, every goddamm mision, whether its a side or main story would bug out.
    Npc not responding or glitching in t pose. Like seriously is it AAA game or some indy one? Cant tell now, it looks that they disnt bother with testing at all.
    Shame that again, a great game is/was destroyed by corpo, kinda irony looking at the game setting. It looks the many rumors which were flying on many polish forums about the quality of work at Cdpr are getting confirmed. Overall the best sum up of 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Love the genre in general and CP2020 rpg. I'd expected to pick this up over Christmas when I'd have the time to play it but also because I'd expected bugs on release anyway. Games of this complexity require a release "to the wild" before some bugs will be found, given the sheer number of hardware configurations with PC anyway. Not the case with the older consoles so that's problematic given CDPR's own statements that it played "surprisingly well" in the run up to release.

While my system is old enough (4770K, 1080Ti, 16 Gb RAM) I would still expect to get reasonable enough frame rates on UW 1440p as I did in RDR2. It's the potential for game breaking issues affecting progress that I'm more concerned with, especially as future updates could possibly render saves files incompatible. There's too much up in the air at present for me to pull the trigger but it'll stay on my list and I'm glad there are those are enjoying the experience as it proves there's a great game in there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

yoshiktk wrote: »
    After yersterday I have to take a break, every goddamm mision, whether its a side or main story would bug out.
    Npc not responding or glitching in t pose. Like seriously is it AAA game or some indy one? Cant tell now, it looks that they disnt bother with testing at all.
    Shame that again, a great game is/was destroyed by corpo, kinda irony looking at the game setting. It looks the many rumors which were flying on many polish forums about the quality of work at Cdpr are getting confirmed. Overall the best sum up of 2020.

It’s crazy how it works fine for some and is utterly broken for others. There’s something seriously causing the game to act up on some systems but not others. Usually bugs are more pervasive across systems. The removal of AVX instructions in 1.05 is particularly telling.

I’ve had no t-posing characters or any bugs at all really, it’s odd. Just one CTD after 18 hours and a dialogue that didn’t process with Victor Vector.

I decided to OC the rest of my rig. My 6700k is still at 4.7Ghz and a enabled the XMP profile to take my 32 GB of DDR4-2400 to 2800. I added a tiny clock speed bump to the GPU and 500Mhz to the VRAM. Now with all the RTX goodness enabled my frame rate just outside V’s building goes from 35ish to 45 – 50. It’s staying around 60 most everywhere else at 1440p with DLSS. I’m probably still CPU bound but I’m happy at least.

Quicker crafting
    I managed to get it to work with the help of someone on a modding discord (Ty Foxxy). They pointed out there is a very easy variable we can change to speed up the crafting (and decrafting)

-file location : \Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config
    -File name : inputcontexts.xml
    -open with favorite text editor
    -Press Ctrl+f and search for : hold action="craft_item"
    -Change default value (0.8 ) to 0.1 (makes crafting really fast) , 0.01 (instant craft) or 0.2 (fast craft)
    Inputting 0 will not work, I've tried it so you don't have to.

I've also made an instant craft version found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/152

you can also change the decrafting time with this : Ctrl+f : hold action="disassemble_item"
    change it to 0.1 .
    I tried 0.01 and it seems to be hanging for some reason so i prefer 0.1.

Attached files values: Crafting 0.1
    decrafting 0.1

Default values in case you need to revert: hold action="craft_item" timeout=0.8
    hold action="disassemble_item" timeout=0.4

Had 0 T pose pre patch and after the patch I have some whilst driving.

I better get a go in that basilisk again, that will be fun to drive into the city.

6y1a9pek6i661.png

Isnt it amazing what type of handy information you can get now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Am I incredibly bad at this game or am I just being dense and there are 'high level' areas and lower level areas?

Am I incredibly bad at this game or am I just being dense and there are 'high level' areas and lower level areas?

If you hover over gigs it gives a threat level (low, moderate, very high) and if above you the enemies will have red skulls on their heads.

Earlyish in the game I found valentinos to the way above my level, south inner city before Pacifica area.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Highest level area seems to be city centre. I'm over level 40 now though so everything on the map is moderate or lower.

I'm pretty sure there are options to change how things scale though so you can set it up so it's always a bit of a challenge or not.

Advertisement