Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisburn Festival of Running on Dec 27 and 28th

Options
  • 06-12-2020 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

The restrictions on outdoor sports events is due to lift in NI on Friday 11th. The statement from Friday past was as follows:

• Sports events, subject to a risk assessment if more than 15 people attending with measures in place to limit risk of virus transmission. An upper limit of 500 spectators is permitted.

My plan is to have a two day event at Down Royal Racecourse in County Antrim on Dec 27th and 28th.

Entries received for the event planned on Dec 19th which is now postponed, will be deferred to the 27th and 28th.

Entries from the original Festival which was due on Oct 24th and then postponed to Dec 5th, are carried forward to Dec 27th and 28th.

Marathon and Half Marathon are on a 5.6km lap on the local roads and the racecourse road. The 5k and 10k are on the racecourse road as usual.

Provisional timetable is:

Dec 27th Half Marathon, Under 16 races, 10k.

Dec 28th Marathon and 5k.

I will reopen entries later this week for a limited time once I consult with Athletics NI on the measures required to limit virus transmission.

If you require a refund contact me asap so I can process it and open your place to someone on my waiting list. championchipireland@googlemail.com

I'm hopeful we will be able to access the iconic site at Maze Long Kesh in early 2021 for another two day event.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

I'm limited to 500 runners on site in total each day and we are fast approaching the 1000 total entry. I can go a bit over allowing for the usual 10% or so no shows but not a lot.

The legislation allows for 500 spectators and 500 runners each day, requires a full risk assessment and suitable measures in place to reduce virus transmission such as sanitiser at toilets, face coverings, social distancing etc.

I'm also planning to carry out Covid 19 lateral flow blood tests on all officials, before the races start each day, who will be in direct contact with runners at the start and finish areas. While these are not 100% conclusive tests they will be another measure to employ and add to our armoury and they do have an accuracy comparable with the lab based tests.

Route maps for all the races now available on the FB page.

Yet again we are closed down by the latest lockdown announced tonight. We will update the FB page and web site with the next move once we consult with our stakeholders.

No sport of any kind at any level in NI for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Yet again we are closed down by the latest lockdown announced tonight. We will update the FB page and web site with the next move once we consult with our stakeholders.

No sport of any kind at any level in NI for a while.

Stay safe. 2021 will hopefully be better

Have provisionally booked for Feb 6th and 7th 2021.

Advertisement