Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roof leaking

Options
  • 06-12-2020 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I just moved into a rental house 10 days ago, since Friday night water is coming in through the kitchen roof, the estate agent who is looking after the property won't answer the phone, I understand it's the weekend. I am not happy at all with this house, it reeks of damp, the garden is in dire condition and fence panelling missing, the estate agent promised these would be fixed before I moved in and then promised that they would definitely be fixed last week.
    I really don't want to stay here, I couldn't even bring my daughter here at the weekend it's so bad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Kmcg46 wrote: »
    • since Friday night water is coming in through the kitchen roof
    • it reeks of damp
    • the garden is in dire condition
    • fence panelling missing
    The place smells of damp, so I'd say even if the kitchen roof was fixed, you'll need to buy a powered dehumidifier to get rid of the damp. But from the above, I doubt the agency gives a damn about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Kmcg46 wrote: »
    I just moved into a rental house 10 days ago, since Friday night water is coming in through the kitchen roof, the estate agent who is looking after the property won't answer the phone, I understand it's the weekend. I am not happy at all with this house, it reeks of damp, the garden is in dire condition and fence panelling missing, the estate agent promised these would be fixed before I moved in and then promised that they would definitely be fixed last week.
    I really don't want to stay here, I couldn't even bring my daughter here at the weekend it's so bad.

Start a complaint with the RTB and get the council to inspect the accommodation
    Keep a record of every conversation and follow up every phone call with an email confirming what was said in the phone call
    The RTB will give you a dispute number , forward that number on to the estate agent so he knows you are serious
    You could just leave and ask for your deposit back

Advertisement