Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

What a strike by ex youth player Suso

https://streamja.com/jnaPV

Same era signing Luis Alberto also continuing to do well with Lazio, four goals recently.

The 3 Spaniards, those two alongside Iago Aspas, all given barely a sniff at Liverpool before being sold and going on to do great things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

To be fair only Aspas is a very regular scorer of goals but the other two have certainly done well enough. Suso could well be playing CL football again next season. Hell Seville would have a league title chance but for Atletico.

Speaking of old boys who hardly got a chance - cheeky 30 million offer for Ings? Telegraph running with holding out for a CL club (or maybe better pay offer!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He's only played about 5 minutes - it's a bit soon to say what is or isn't predictable.

One could argue TAA was very predictable as our go-to last season but it didn't seem to do us any harm.

Thiago is a world class player. No doubt about it.

If Hamann says he will never fit in at Liverpool and the most ardent red tinted glasses fan says he is the second coming, the truth lies somewhere in between.

I think his position at the base of the midfield and his absolute willingness to provide an out ball for pretty much any his team mates shows they really rate him, and it's stark given the short time he has been at the club.

Will be interesting to see which trio gel best when everyone is fit. I think with Thiago, you need a line breaker in midfield too, Keita (if he could ever stay fit) would have all the tools to go up another level with someone like Thiago in midfield.

Actually think Henderson could miss out, a fully firing trio of Fabinho Thiago and Keita would be formidable.

Fabby
    ---Hendo---Thiago

Keita for Henderson if ever fit.

Assuming Jota will be fit again before Keita can string 3 games together I'd be very interested in something like the following
    Ali
    TAA-Matip-Fab-Robbo
    Hendo-Thiago
    Firmino
    Salah-Jota-Mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

If we don't sign a CB, I wonder is Billy Koumetio being considered at all as an option? Has a great eye for a pass, and is massive. Very inexperienced though. Quicker than Nat and Rhys, but not the quickest on the turn I'd say.

I'd much rather that's not the direction we were looking, but if we have to look at the CB's we have on the books, surely he deserves the same chance Rhys has had? The Utd cup match might be a good time to test him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

If it's true that they made a bid for Alaba it surely implies that there's a decent chance of a CB arriving in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

fyfe79 wrote: »
    If it's true that they made a bid for Alaba it surely implies that there's a decent chance of a CB arriving in the next couple of weeks.

We made a bid for him to come in on a free in the summer, not as a centre back though apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,827 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Bit of topic but anyone see Fernando Torres recently ,
    He is absolutely jacked he looks like he weighs double what he did when playing football , His arms look bigger than his legs where, He must be flat out on the weights , its looks some what unnatural how big he has got but that occult just been the pictures I seen

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

DVDM93 wrote: »
    @yourdeadwright, he's some size alright!

Think he just got a job coaching the youth at Atletico , there be no messing with him these days:D

Poor aul Vidic will have nightmares if he see's that picture

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

It appears long covid is a real thing. It effects two categories of people; the unhealthy and elite athletes who over train/exert themselves.... Do we think Mane, Salah and Trent fit into the latter? Klopp's game is so demanding it can't be a coincidence that Salah and Trent in particular look exhausted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

He is absolutely jacked he looks like he weighs double what he did when playing football , His arms look bigger than his legs where, He must be flat out on the weights , its looks some what unnatural how big he has got but that occult just been the pictures I seen

Could have been on the bayern diet like goretzka was

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    It appears long covid is a real thing. It effects two categories of people; the unhealthy and elite athletes who over train/exert themselves.... Do we think Mane, Salah and Trent fit into the latter? Klopp's game is so demanding it can't be a coincidence that Salah and Trent in particular look exhausted.

If they were effected I doubt theyd be up to training & playing IMO.

Could have been on the bayern diet like goretzka was

Goretzka and the Bayern lads look a lot leaner,
    Have they ever shared there weights programme or diet ?
    Coutinho was only there 1 year and completely changed his body ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Carragher is the same, he is a lot bigger than when he played. Its a totally different form of fitness to be fair. Footballers would do some weights, but over all it would be more body weight and flexibility stuff they would focus on. Lean, flexible and strong in the core, compared to absolute bulk monsters.

jebidiah wrote: »
    Carragher is the same............but over all it would be more body weight and flexibility stuff they would focus on. Lean, flexible and strong in the core, compared to absolute bulk monsters.

Carragher got to doing 60 chin ups over 3 sets and got his bench press form 100kg max to doing reps of 100kg. That was 2019 so he might have trained on again...... anyway, he was training not to get big IMO.

Reps of 100kg benchpress wouldn't be out of the ordinary for lots of Joe Soaps Carragher's age, height etc :)

Augeo wrote: »
    Carragher got to doing 60 chin ups over 3 sets and got his bench press form 100kg max to doing reps of 100kg. That was 2019 so he might have trained on again...... anyway, he was training not to get big IMO.

Reps of 100kg benchpress wouldn't be out of the ordinary for lots of Joe Soaps Carragher's age, height etc :)

Carragher was training in he Sweat box gym in Bootle for at least a year not sure if he is still there, His young lad was there to ,

He was actually doing loads of one on one session with the owner Chris Parks , Check out there Instagram page you can see a part of Carragher "transformation " he was in great nick ,

He also spends a lot of time boxing,

Carragher was training in he Sweat box gym in Bootle for at least a year not sure if he is still there.........

that's where I got the stuff I posted from.

To do 60 chin ups over 3 sets you'd need to be in good nick. But it's a bodyweight exercise. I was replying to
    jebidiah wrote: »
    .........Footballers would do some weights, but over all it would be more body weight and flexibility stuff they would focus on. Lean, flexible and strong in the core, compared to absolute bulk monsters.

And added in his bench wasn't out of the ordinary :)

Well now it wouldn't even be a loan, he's a free agent

https://twitter.com/ChrisWheatley_/status/1351867235569180674?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Played for Klopp at BVB a 6 month deal with an option to extent for another season if he impresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

What's the situation there that it's gotten to the point his contract is terminated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What's the situation there that it's gotten to the point his contract is terminated.

Ozil gone as well. Maybe freeing up wages?

Based on the fan reaction he was a consummate professional his entire time there and is just surplus to requirements now.

Very interesting to see what we do in the next two games,

Do we go the same side form the weekend for the Burnley game and totally second string for United ?

Will Naby or Matip be back any time soon ,

Arsenal being mess of squad management?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Based on the fan reaction he was a consummate professional his entire time there and is just surplus to requirements now.

Ok.... I'll take anyone half competent at this point of it means getting Hendo or Fab back in midfield so hopefully we move for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Augeo wrote: »
    that's where I got the stuff I posted from.

To do 60 chin ups over 3 sets you'd need to be in good nick. But it's a bodyweight exercise. I was replying to

And added in his bench wasn't out of the ordinary :)

I didn't mean Carra specifically was a bulky monster. Just that footballers in general wouldn't be as bulky as he is now, and certainly not as big as Torres in that photo posted.

Look at Salah, packed on a ton of muscle in his shoulders after the injury, but he is still an absolute whip. I'm sure he would be capable of getting bigger if he trained for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If they didn't want to drop VVD from the squad to make room for another player for whatever reason they could drop Adrian, Kelleher is the clear number 2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Very interesting to see what we do in the next two games,

Do we go the same side form the weekend for the Burnley game and totally second string for United ?

Will Naby or Matip be back any time soon ,

Need to win Thursday and the following Thursday. I couldnt care less about the FA cup and that's not going to change just because it's against Utd. I'd imagine klopp is of much the same opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Need to win Thursday and the following Thursday. I couldnt care less about the FA cup and that's not going to change just because it's against Utd. I'd imagine klopp is of much the same opinion.

I don't ever want to lose against United, but I would be okay with playing the squad players and if we lose I would not be bothered that much. Either we beat them which is always great with our squad players, or we lose and we have less matches to worry about and United have one more. Either way as long as we don't play our first team and suffer injuries, I would not mind.

I'm still baffled by this foul given against Salah btw

wzMqRAO.gif

Worst decision I've seen this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If Matip is ready to go, I want to see him and Phillips in, and Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

SlickRic wrote: »
    If Matip is ready to go, I want to see him and Phillips in, and Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago in midfield.

yes Im desperate to see Fab back in midfield. Philips should be grand dealing with Burnley pumping the ball long and high.

I can't see both coming into the team, probably one of Matip/Phillips alongside Fab in defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Worst decision I've seen this season.

Nah worse one was the two footed lunge on Milner V Southampton where he was told to get back up and Liverpool didn't even get a free kick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Salah literally had his hands up in there air as not to push Maguire, Maguire tries to buy it, falls down & pulls Salah down with him with his left arm.

It was clever by Maguire to be fair, he knows as well as the rest of us now incompetent referees & officials are in the league.

Then you look at Salah being clearly being pushed in the back in the lead up to the Fulham goal & nothing given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

wzMqRAO.gif

Does salah not have a little tug on Maguires right arm / shoulder as they are leaving the box, certainly looks like it? Likely given for that as it caused maguire to tilt right and over balance, screen shot attached albeit a shyte one. Likely given for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

wzMqRAO.gif

Should have been free kick for us, for Maguire pulling Salah down as he stumbled over and couldn't lift his upper body mass. Then a card for Maguire for simulation, if that is still a thing. Linesman right there too.

Does salah not have a little tug on Maguires right arm / shoulder as they are leaving the box, certainly looks like it? Likely given for that as it caused maguire to tilt right and over balance, screen shot attached albeit a shyte one. Likely given for that.

It in no way contributes to him falling down a few seconds later. He falls down because he is trying to keep Salah away from the ball and is arching his body in such a way that he overbalances and falls over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Attached picture

200.gif

Enzokk wrote: »
    It in no way contributes to him falling down a few seconds later. He falls down because he is trying to keep Salah away from the ball and is arching his body in such a way that he overbalances and falls over.

But it was a foul, regardless of whether it ultimately relates to him falling over or not is moot, he was fouled and a free out was given which was the correct decision for that passage of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Christ this is tedious

But it was a foul, regardless of whether it ultimately relates to him falling over or not is moot, he was fouled and a free out was given which was the correct decision for that passage of play.

But was he fouled ?
    Maguire ran backwards with his arse out into Salah with no intention or attempt of playing the ball and they both fell over ,

IF that happened in the middle of the pitch there is no way your getting a free kick

Doesn't really matter as it didn't effect anything just one of those weird moments in a match , Ref should have said play on as neither player was in control of the ball ,

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Christ this is tedious

Are non Liverpool fans not allowed to post in here or something because I must have missed the memo?

I was commenting on the incident that was on topic of the thread, as per the rules of the charter. If you have an issue with that perhaps report my post and let the mods deal with it rather than making snarky comments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

wzMqRAO.gif

Clear obstruction. A five year old can see that, but not a seasoned ref. Sad

No it wasn't. There was no foul, but it is one that is given all the time for defenders. It's the same with goalkeepers sometimes falling over their own defenders in the box and getting a free kick. Not a foul but given most of the time.

Just so you don't feel offended, this is not on Maguire as Liverpool defenders would benefit from decisions like this as well, doesn't mean its a foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Nah worse one was the two footed lunge on Milner V Southampton where he was told to get back up and Liverpool didn't even get a free kick

Pickford on Van Dijk. Should've been a straight red.

Are non Liverpool fans not allowed to post in here or something because I must have missed the memo?

I was commenting on the incident that was on topic of the thread, as per the rules of the charter. If you have an issue with that perhaps report my post and let the mods deal with it rather than making snarky comments?

You clipped a moment that Salah had his hand on Maguires shoulder as proof this was a foul. Before that Maguire has his arms all over Salah, but you don't see us moaning about that being a foul because it isn't. What isn't a foul is Maguire falling over because he miscontrolled the ball and then blocked Salah and then fell over.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement