Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Can see this being a good weekend for us.

Tottenham and Palace to sit in their own halves, and cancel each other out, a scoreless draw? And after the debacle midweek, who'd bet in Ole and the boys taking something off mid City? Chelsea will best Everton, but even so, I see the other teams near the top dropping points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

11 games in and the top 6 have lost 14 games between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

11 games in and the top 6 have lost 14 games between them.

West ham and Southampton are in the top 6:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Can see this being a good weekend for us.

Tottenham and Palace to sit in their own halves, and cancel each other out, a scoreless draw? And after the debacle midweek, who'd bet in Ole and the boys taking something off mid City? Chelsea will best Everton, but even so, I see the other teams near the top dropping points.

Hope so too. Palace don't die for the cause though. They're set up to counter but happy to lose the hard ones cause there's enough easy ones. Hopefully that changes with fans in there this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watching Inside Training and it's great to see Ox back he really seems like he a huge part of the positivity within the squad.

And Gini they need to get his contract signed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Watching Inside Training and it's great to see Ox back he really seems like he a huge part of the positivity within the squad.

And Gini they need to get his contract signed as well.

Any sign of Jota, trent , keita or robertson on that. As no sign of them in training photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Could be out for a while so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

we are cursed with knee injuries.
    VVD,Gomez out long term. Thiago been out months
    Ox just back from another one. Henderson was out for a while with one. Jota now.

Never seen anything like it. And many of these are from tackles too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Praying it's not a cruciate.

The vagueness worries me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

This Jota news blows, ffs. Just when it looked like we were getting some positivity regards injuries, as mentioned above I don't like the vagueness of it, could be a while out.

I suppose it was always going to be risky playing any of the main squad midweek, we will pay the price for that seemingly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Let's hope Jotas injury isn't bad, Klopp can't go on about 3 Vs. 5 subs now seeing as he is playing senior players in dead rubber games so his hand is weakened there and jota has picked up an injury in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

klose wrote: »
    Let's hope Jotas injury isn't bad, Klopp can't go on about 3 Vs. 5 subs now seeing as he is playing senior players in dead rubber games so his hand is weakened there and jota has picked up an injury in one.

He simply can't just play a bunch of kids in the champions League ,so he had to play first teamers and fringe players,don't know what else he could do..I'm sure they have a play/rest/rotate strategy to try minimize the likelihood of injuries, sometimes they just happen anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We only have so many players registered, a couple starters are always gonna play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Yeah, people seem to be confusing the EFA League Cup with the UEFA Champions League. You can't just decide to pick an entire squad of U-23's for a CL game. You must select from your squad submitted before the start of the campaign... otherwise sure wouldn't Nat Philips have played most of the CL games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Are this Portuguese crowd reliable anyone know?

https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1337779161272881152?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Yeah, people seem to be confusing the EFA League Cup with the UEFA Champions League. You can't just decide to pick an entire squad of U-23's for a CL game. You must select from your squad submitted before the start of the campaign... otherwise sure wouldn't Nat Philips have played most of the CL games.

I think technically you could actually play a whole youth team of players who fulfil the B list requirements, and register them only the week of the game. Nat doesn’t qualify though, as he was born in 1997, and the B list is only applicable for players born 1/1/1998 or later.

I wouldn’t have had a problem with even more rotation - or particularly just not giving 90 mins to Salah, and 87 to Jota, when surely 60-max would’ve been plenty ... but I get it. It’s the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think technically you could actually play a whole youth team of players who fulfil the B list requirements, and register them only the week of the game. Nat doesn’t qualify though, as he was born in 1997, and the B list is only applicable for players born 1/1/1998 or later.

I wouldn’t have had a problem with even more rotation - or particularly just not giving 90 mins to Salah, and 87 to Jota, when surely 60-max would’ve been plenty ... but I get it. It’s the Champions League.

Fair enough. I need to read up on the eligibility rules again. I thought you could have a limited B-List of 5 or so players which you could draw from if your main squad numbers were decimated. I didn't know you could select an entire B-List squad the week of the game! :eek:

• Advertisement

Klopp reaction to Jota news

tenor.gif

6 wrote: »
    Klopp reaction to Jota news

tenor.gif

Instead of the official he was actually looking in a mirror.

Elliott scores again for Blackburn.

This really is turning into a great loan for the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Elliott scores again for Blackburn.

This really is turning into a great loan for the lad.

He might be back after Xmas if the lads keep dropping......... FFS Jota now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

He looks to have bulked up a bit too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

He looks to have bulked up a bit too

He is still only 17? Wow, still a child really playing with adults so you expect him to develop some more as well.

No need to rush him back, let him develop and play in the Championship and assess his progress in pre-season next year if he needs another loan or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

That's what you want to see from a promising youngster, ripping it up against players that have years on him and at a good level. Three goals and four assists is great going from 13 games for a 17 year old. And the ones I've seen it's usually not just him passing it into the net or passing an easy five yard pass, it's mostly him skipping by a player or two before finishing/providing an assist.

He's a very exciting prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Jota gone for 2 months nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Jota gone for 2 months nightmare

Is this confirmed or just rumours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Is this confirmed or just rumours?

A few papers running with it, out for UP to 2 months rumour from Portugal, 2 days falls in that window and nothing from the club so wait for something more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Jota will be a massive loss, he's one of the main reason we're still joint top, he has scored a lot of crucial goals in both the EPL & CL, also allows us a chance to rotate one of the front 3 without any drop in performance and a great option off the bench too, hopefully it's not 2 months and he's back in a few weeks. All these injuries are really giving our rivals a great chance, it must also be starting to take it's toll on the squad as well.

Happy with the result with Utd and City. Anything other than a City win was preferable, I wouldn't have begrudged Utd getting a win as I don't think they are a threat at all. Awful match though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

wont hype him up.

But it looks we have our own Messi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Grant Hanley has always been generous to Liverpool, setting Liverpool off on their way to the title last year. Now he's helping build the confidence of youth players. What a guy!

Prefect result, draws are killers in this league.

At current rate it's a season that will be won with 78 pts / . But in last 10 years only 5 clubs managed to get more than that.
    Still a tough task to get to 78

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

At current rate it's a season that will be won with 78 pts / . But in last 10 years only 5 clubs managed to get more than that.
    Still a tough task to get to 78

Currently on 2PPG which is we stayed like that for the season would get us 76 points. But I defiantly think there is more to come from this team especially with players to come back.

I can still see mid 80's points wise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Can't believe we've another big injury in jota, anything happens to mó, Bobby or sadio now in nxt few mths we are in serious trouble

Can't believe we've another big injury in jota, anything happens to mó, Bobby or sadio now in nxt few mths we are in serious trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Ikozma wrote: »

So, no change from the last 2 and a half years.

So, no change from the last 2 and a half years.

Yea but the way this season is going its inevitable that at least one will be out for a period

Awoniyi played the full game for Union Berlin as they drew 1-1 with Munich and remain in 6th place in the league.

Karius again on the bench and yet to get a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

2 great results for us this evening with City & Chelsea dropping points. Important to win tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Big opportunity for ourselves and Spurs to create some real separation with the rest of the pack tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Very good results, our 2 nearest and dearest neighbours taking pts off our title rivals :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Beat Fulham tomorrow and I fully expect us to out grit Spurs midweek. They're gritty, lets see how they do against the grittiest team in the league. This team grind them out and beat them.

City are shot, Chelsea don't have it even with their massive squad. Spurs are the biggest threat and we play them twice over the the next 6 weeks. Get the upper hand over those two games and we start pulling away in Feb/March.

Champions!

Record breaker all of Salah's Champions League goals.

Salah is the perfect example of how a really good player can become a really great player under a great manager. And there are ''Mane'' examples of this in our team. PLayers excel under Klopp.

• Advertisement

Was there any team leaked yesterday?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement