Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

But was he fouled ?
    Maguire ran backwards with his arse out into Salah with no intention or attempt of playing the ball and they both fell over ,

IF that happened in the middle of the pitch there is no way your getting a free kick

Doesn't really matter as it didn't effect anything just one of those weird moments in a match , Ref should have said play on as neither player was in control of the ball ,

That's what I was asking. To me it looks like salah had a little tug on Maguires shoulder / upper arm as they were leaving the box which would be a foul ie he (Salah) tried to impede Maguires run. Whether the whistle was blown immediately or 2/3 seconds after the tug is largely irrelevant if that is indeed what it was blown for rather than HMs falling over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Serious lack of faith in Williams and Philips , playing Henderson there. I'd play Philips week in week out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Enzokk wrote: »
    What isn't a foul is Maguire falling over because he miscontrolled the ball and then blocked Salah and then fell over.

100% agree there hoss, I was merely postulating that perhaps it was the little tug rather than the fall over that was the reason for the free. Anyway, I've given my opinion so will leave it there, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,827 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

That's what I was asking. To me it looks like salah had a little tug on Maguires shoulder / upper arm as they were leaving the box which would be a foul ie he (Salah) tried to impede Maguires run. Whether the whistle was blown immediately or 2/3 seconds after the tug is largely irrelevant if that is indeed what it was blown for rather than HMs falling over.

To me it looks like Maguire throws his arm and body across Salah as they leave the box and the fact Salah moves away and gives Maguire no resistance means Maguire has to scramble to keep his feet and eventually falls over ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I think you're correct in this assessment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Ahhh it's nothing imo. Frustrating and maybe a bit cynical by Maguire but I don't think it's anything to be too annoyed about. Some of the var stuff is much more annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I'm still baffled by this foul given against Salah btw

wzMqRAO.gif

Dragged Salah down if anything. The reaction of the players is usually instructive and Salah is fuming which is unlike him.

Simultaneously clever and clumsy by McGuire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Dragged Salah down if anything. The reaction of the players is usually instructive and Salah is fuming which is unlike him.

Simultaneously clever and clumsy by McGuire.

Simultaneously lucky and clumsy more like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think we should take a 6 month punt on Sokratis....

I'm not Klopp though, trust Klopp obviously...

Fieldog wrote: »

No he is like that anti CB to what we would look for

• Advertisement

Serious question how come no jurno's asked Klopp about Keita
    Didn't he say it was nothing serious and here we are nearly a month later and still no sigh of him,
    We score so many more goals when Naby is involved ,

Fieldog wrote: »

I wouldn't be arsed myself but I wouldn't rule out Klopp doing it, not after Caulker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He's 32 he'll be looking for far more than 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Serious question how come no jurno's asked Klopp about Keita
    Didn't he say it was nothing serious and here we are nearly a month later and still no sigh of him,
    We score so many more goals when Naby is involved ,

Because it's Keita, so presumed out for another while.
    He's so frustrating. I was just looking at his stats, he has played a total of 2580 minutes or the equivalent of just under 29 games in the premier league for Liverpool since he joined, out of a possible 94 games.
    All from little niggles that drag on for months.
    Hope to fcuk Matip is back too, Gomez has still played more than him this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Enzokk

So some fixture changes for TV,

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1351922441216524289?s=20

Now between the Man City match on the 7th and Leicester on the 13th we have a potential 5th round match on the 10th February. So it would again mean a Wednesday and then midday Saturday match if we win on Sunday against United. At the very least it would mean another day out for the squad players for that match I would think.

Leicester is playing against Brentford in the 4th round so if they make it out and we get knocked out we have more rest between the match. They could lose and we win, which would mean we would have less time to prepare again. Interesting times ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Surely the Greek chap on a free is a no brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Feb games

February Team TV
    3rd Brighton BT Sport
    7th Man City Sky Sports
    13th Leicester (a) BT Sport
    16th RB Leipzig (GER) (a) BT Sport / RTE
    20th Everton Sky Sports
    27th Sheff Utd (a) TBC

Feb games

February Team TV
    3rd Brighton (a) BT Sport
    7th Man City Sky Sports
    13th Leicester (a) BT Sport
    16th RB Leipzig (GER) (a) BT Sport / RTE
    20th Everton Sky Sports
    27th Sheff Utd (a) TBC

We already played Brighton away ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

We already played Brighton away ?

They're letting us play it again cos we were robbed at the end :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rob316 wrote: »
    He's 32 he'll be looking for far more than 6 months.

Indeed. The time to get him was on loan from Arsenal. Now that he’s a free agent the only chance we’d have is if he’s not getting the interest he’d like and wants a shop window.

As for the comment on him being the anti-cb - his shortcomings are the same as our current cb’s, Matip aside, except he’s not as slow and is immeasurably more talented at the aspects he’s good at, and comes with experience.

To buy, absolutely not - but would he improve us for 6 months? Inarguably.

.G. wrote: »
    They're letting us play it again cos we were robbed at the end :D

Then is there any chance we can get a do-over of the Everton game from December 2017? I'm still incandescent with rage over that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If he's looking for a shop window to advertise himself for one last big contract this summer then Liverpool has some benefits:

-Gets to play under a former coach
    -Guaranteed game time due to our CB situation
    -Plenty of media coverage to get his name out there for the summer

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Indeed. The time to get him was on loan from Arsenal. Now that he’s a free agent the only chance we’d have is if he’s not getting the interest he’d like and wants a shop window.

As for the comment on him being the anti-cb - his shortcomings are the same as our current cb’s, Matip aside, except he’s not as slow and is immeasurably more talented at the aspects he’s good at, and comes with experience.

To buy, absolutely not - but would he improve us for 6 months? Inarguably.

He'll be looking for security and playing time at that age. 2-3 year contract job and not dumped to bench once VVD and Gomez are back plus whatever CB in the summer we buy for long term squad.

Villa missing some great chances here against City.

Man City and Villa playing an entertaining match here. Walker and De Bruyne off with injuries for City. How City has not scored is amazing. The pitch is nice and wet and heavy as well. Run City, run all day long on this wet pitch.

• Advertisement

Mings could have just headed that clear. Tried to take it down on his chest and lost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Man City and Villa playing an entertaining match here. Walker and De Bruyne off with injuries for City. How City has not scored is amazing. The pitch is nice and wet and heavy as well. Run City, run all day long on this wet pitch.

One of the games of the season, City just scored unfortunately. Villa had so many chances here they will be disappointed.

Mings could have just headed that clear. Tried to take it down on his chest and lost it.

How was that not offside though? He was offside, ran right next to Mings which would have had an influence on him and pounced when he made the mistake when he was right next to him.

Another ridiculous decision by the referee and VAR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A joke that the officials in charge of games don't know the laws of the game the one thing they are paid to know.

Moss is mugging Villa here.

• Advertisement

That wasn’t that different to the pen we didn’t get against Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

That wasn’t that different to the pen we didn’t get against Southampton.

Came online to post the exact same.

Just seen it again...it is a joke of a decision. Now a handball as well, no complaints other than it was close to the player and he would have had no chance to get his hand out of the way. I much preferred the old interpretation, it was at least clear. Touch your hand and it would be a handball, too much left to the referee's interpretation and that scares me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Offside one is like the Kane one a few years ago V Liverpool

They're saying now a new rule makes it onside. You can be 25ft offside and come back and rob the ball. We should try it in that case.
    So many new rules no one knows what the actual rules are. Mings knew he was there, and knew in his mind he could not tackle him, but he did, and now they say it's all good with the new rule.

4pts off city with 18 games played. We'd beg for that at start of season, and here we are. I'm just hoping we don't go on a ''' feel sorry for ourselves'' run. We've done that in the past under lesser managers, Rafa near the end, Hodgson, Rogers. We need to win big tomorrow, not lose 0-3 , that is quitting and giving up the title.

They're saying now a new rule makes it onside. You can be 25ft offside and come back and rob the ball. We should try it in that case.
    So many new rules no one knows what the actual rules are. Mings knew he was there, and knew in his mind he could not tackle him, but he did, and now they say it's all good with the new rule.

Its a joke, the City player moved in the area of Mings. I see that as having an influence and it should be offside. I know the rule says it is not because Mings played the ball deliberately, but Rodri should not be in that position. How is being in the area not having an influence.

This is another rule that is broken that should be fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Just seen it again...it is a joke of a decision. Now a handball as well, no complaints other than it was close to the player and he would have had no chance to get his hand out of the way. I much preferred the old interpretation, it was at least clear. Touch your hand and it would be a handball, too much left to the referee's interpretation and that scares me.

I did too but everyone moaned incessantly about those too. The likes of Linekar going on non stop about how its ruining the game etc too. It's impossible to please everyone in footy but given these awful refs the ability to use subjectivity is never going to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Frustrating to see us drop such sh1t points in so many games and watch other teams pick up all points against the same teams.

The lads up front are killing me. I'd throw Origi in at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Frustrating to see us drop such sh1t points in so many games and watch other teams pick up all points against the same teams.

The lads up front are killing me. I'd throw Origi in at this point.

Honestly, wouldn't at all mind giving Origi a start. He messes up the rhythm up front, but there's no rhythm to mess up right now, and at least he's a focal point.

Start him in the cup at least, tell him if he does well it's his spot to lose, and see how he does.

Right now i'd call Elliott back he is in great form and might give the others a kick in the arse that a 17 year was called back to put them under pressure.

He is better off staying at Blackburn though.

Better for Elliott's personal development to stay on loan, better for our short term goals to bring him back, tough call to make.

We have a serious lack of assists. Kane with 11, De Bruyne with 10, Fernandes with 7 , Son with 6. This is on top of all the goals they score.
    We have 37 goals scored, and feature no where on the Top Assists . And if you take away Salah's penalties it leave him with very few goals from open play.
    Trent and Roberton had 25 assists between them last season. And as for Mane, he's determined to go it alone this season, he'll assist no one ever again it seems.

Losing VVD and Gomez has caused a chain of events that has trickled through the whole team, nothing is how it once was.

We have a serious lack of assists. Kane with 11, De Bruyne with 10, Fernandes with 7 , Son with 6. This is on top of all the goals they score.
    We have 37 goals scored, and feature no where on the Top Assists . And if you take away Salah's penalties it leave him with very few goals from open play.
    Trent and Roberton had 25 assists between them last season.

Losing VVD and Gomez has caused a chain of events that has trickled through the whole team, nothing is how it once was.

So it's up to Klopp and Pep to change things. Playing a **** version of the same tactics of last year is still ****.

Its disgusting to say but we should forget about United and focus on staying in the top four
    City and United will battle for the title not us
    By the end of February United will be at least 10 points clear of us

We aren't getting goals from anywhere at the moment,

Maybe play Gini in his Dutch role and try and get some goals from midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Its disgusting to say but we should forget about United and focus on staying in the top four

So how does forgetting about utd help us to get top 4? We need to win games,pure simples,how does concentrating on top 4 help us at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lol.

Talk about kneejerk reaction. City I see pulling away from us & everyone else.
    Man Utd goint toe to toe with them. I cant see that at all

• Advertisement

Just because we don't have any one player leading the assists leaderboards doesn't mean we don't have assists, what on earth does that even mean? :confused:

We have 21 assists accredited to our players this season, the EXACT same number as Man City.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement