Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Aguero’s been isolating for over a week already after being a close contact, so it’s likely it’s been contained over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

De Bruyne out for our game most likely with a hamstring injury
    If we could somehow win our next 3. A win ve City at Anfield would be huge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I still can't see the Euros going ahead this year tbh, we're still having domestic games called off due to COVID, how are they gonna regulate a continental tournament.

I think the Euros will go ahead as its a moneymaker for UEFA and all the national FAs plus players should be vaccinated by June. But not in its current format of games being spread across 12 cities (including Dublin). Instead I think they'll run it similar to how the CL ended last season where all remaining games were held in Lisbon with teams isolated in local hotels. London would probably be a good shout for the location as they have around 10 stadiums in the greater London area that could facilitate all the matches. AFAIK we will have a decision in early February as to how it is being held .

VVD returning for the Dutch for the Euros is a double edged sword. The potential benefit is he returns to Anfield in tip top condition, match fitness and raring to go for next season. The downside is Dutch physios and doctors will be making decisions on how much he plays. Holland have a decent chance of winning it and you'd expect them to get to the semis at least so the worry is they run him into the ground too early and he aggravates it again. Another worry is he returns after injury having lost some of his pace which is the main attribute that allows up to play the high line and squeeze teams into their own half. Many dont realise just how dam quick VVD actually is in relative terms, he was clocked at 38kph in the CL final when he hunted Son down when he was through on goal. To put that in context the world record fastest ever time is still Usain Bolt who did 44kph on a track wearing running spikes. In football terms VVD is an absolute speed merchant who is within the top 1% of players in Europe for pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,082 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think I'd go with something like this tonight.

Alisson
    Trent--Philips-Fabinho--Robbo
    Hendo--Thiago

Ox
    Salah
    Origi
    Mane

If Matip is fit, he can start. Either instead of Philips or maybe allow Fabinho push up into midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Is Origi the new Sturridge in that the less he plays, the better he is in the eyes of the supporters?

He doesn’t have the excuse of being a crock though, in fairness.

Feck it, play him anyway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

____________Alisson_____

Trent_____Philips___Fabinho___Robertson

Minamino__Hender__ Thiago___Jones__

_________Salah____Mane___________

Kill em that way

Muahahaha wrote: »
    ........he was clocked at 38kph in the CL final when he hunted Son down when he was through on goal. To put that in context the world record fastest ever time is still Usain Bolt who did 44kph on a track wearing running spikes. In football terms VVD is an absolute speed merchant who is within the top 1% of players in Europe for pace.

No one ran as fast in the Premier League in 2019-20 ......... VVDs 38kph is 23.6 mph

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/the-10-fastest-players-in-the-premier-league-in-2019-20-traore-greenwood/

All that said there's a huge element of "sprint opportunity" to be considered in football.

When Shane Long is 8th you'd be thinking meh tbh .....

8. Shane Long
    Despite being 33 years old, Long managed to record a 23.21mph sprint speed in Southampton’s 2-1 defeat to Newcastle in December 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

liverpoolfc
    Verified
    Continuing to work his way back to full fitness �� Keep it going, Joe ��❤️ #LFC #LiverpoolFC

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKUB4i2ldRG/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1351984840858628097?s=20

Why do people upload these things to make me angry, Klopp should show this in the dressing room before tonight's match...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

ebbsy wrote: »
    The team tonight should be

Origi

Origi Origi Origi Origi

Origi Origi Origi

Origi Origi Origi

Subs : Origi Origi Origi Origi

Divock them that way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Those things are pointless IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

brevity wrote: »
    Those things are pointless IMO.

My post wasn’t a great joke but that’s harsh brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

ebbsy wrote: »
    The team tonight should be

Origi

Origi Origi Origi Origi

Origi Origi Origi

Origi Origi Origi

Subs : Origi Origi Origi Origi

Oi oi oi

Matip & Tsimikas named in the squad.

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1351984840858628097?s=20

Why do people upload these things to make me angry, Klopp should show this in the dressing room before tonight's match...

I'm banned from commenting.

• Advertisement

Salah benched

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,824 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fitz* wrote: »
    Salah benched

He'll be starting awat to United so, so will Henderson and Firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Looks like it's time for Henderson to get injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Fitz* wrote: »
    Salah benched

As well as hendo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

As well as hendo

Or could be injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Still no Minamino!

Henderson not in the squad?

Henderson has a minor groin issue

Henderson must be injured, he'd be in the squid otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Don't think anyone could have predicted that line up. Don't care if we look crap as long as we get 3 points and tbh that lineup doesn't scream handy win to me.

MAtip back for a cameo .

We all know it

I'd expect 20-30 minutes tops before he's off .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Gini captain!

• Advertisement

magma69 wrote: »
    Don't think anyone could have predicted that line up. Don't care if we look crap as long as we get 3 points and tbh that lineup doesn't scream handy win to me.

It's a

''wake de fck up'' line up, a message to Salah, Firmino and others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Glad there were changes. Hopefully a win with no injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

retalivity wrote: »
    Still no Minamino!

Would have liked to have seen Taki and Origi together to see what they could do.

retalivity wrote: »
    Still no Minamino!

To be fair, playing him against players twice his size like Burnley is not the game for him. Games like Brighton, Fulham, Bournemouth, Villa, Leeds etc more his type of game IMO.

But yes it is frustrating that he's not playing overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

With Origi on the pitch, it's 10 v 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Time for Shaqiri and Origi to step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

I still can't see the Euros going ahead this year tbh, we're still having domestic games called off due to COVID, how are they gonna regulate a continental tournament.

cant see it happening. I returned 4 games back to UEFA just in case.
    Still have accomodation voucher for San Sebastian from last year, might have to jib that too (was still going to go even since Ireland didnt qualify)

On one hand, I don’t like seeing Salah benched. He’s too talented to leave out unless injured.

On the other hand, this is the same front three that started against Barcelona in the 4-0 win a year and a half ago.

On the third hand, we’re playing Burnley, which ironically is a much tougher game for that frontline than Barcelona.

0-0 written all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hopefully Shaq sees this as an opportunity to break into the first team. He had some good moments on Sunday, just need more of them

• Advertisement

All focus turns to the one remaining member of the Front 3™ to be the main man today, Mane's been no better than the other two and has probably been in the worst goalscoring form of his Liverpool career, hopefully he shines tonight. I have a feeling it'll be the typical yet somehow always unexpected setup of Mane down the middle and Origi on the left wing.

At least Ox is always will to have a shot from 30 yards something our other midfield/forward players seem to be lacking to do this season.

At least Ox is always will to have a shot from 30 yards something our other midfield/forward players seem to be lacking to do this season.

Thankfully Thiago's been willing too, forced a save vs United, hit the bar vs Villa, and had a couple get blocked in previous appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

I think it’s madness dropping Salah. Maybe it’s a message too....stop whinging about a contract when we’re struggling.

doc_17 wrote: »
    I think it’s madness dropping Salah. Maybe it’s a message too....stop whinging about a contract when we’re struggling.

Yeah I highly doubt that considering the player who is ACTUALLY in a contract dispute with the club right now has been given the armband for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

It's fúcking Burnley....they could have played Philips and put Fabinho in midfield (or rested him).

• Advertisement

Looking forward to seeing Matip bring the ball out of defence and pushing the midfield further up the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Almost debating whether to watch this when All the Presidents Men is on BBC Four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

So in hindsight, I probably shouldn’t have triple captained Salah this game week!!

doc_17 wrote: »
    I think it’s madness dropping Salah.........

Perhaps Klopp reckons dropping Bobby and not one of the other two would be not the way to go.

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    It's fúcking Burnley....they could have played Philips and put Fabinho in midfield (or rested him).

Burnley is rarely an easy fixture for us, home or away. Yeah we’ve beaten them often enough under Klopp but it’s usually a tight game. I wouldn’t take anything for granted against them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement