Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Honestly thought Origi had a good half, miss aside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Yea, 3-4 shots he made Pope save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

We've forgotten how to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,822 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

He was woeful truely woeful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Origi is playing better football than Mane right now. One has had three shots at goal.

That free kick was just weird. TAA is so wound up he shouldn't be taking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Shocked they didn't give fabinho a red card is our var luck turning around

Been an issue most of the season but once again I'm noticing every time Mane gets the ball he seems to stand around and wait for Burnley to set up their defensive lines before trying to do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I agree. He hasn’t been that bad at all. Granted the miss kind of overshadows that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,080 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

This is bad. Things are bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Tbf a royal rumble in the tunnel would be an improvement on that first half

Var getting involved there for no reason. Looking for a red in a nothing incident.

There's no team like Burnley when it comes to climbing all over the opposition and acting like they're the ones being fouled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,822 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Absolutely, ya have to score. Still looked the most dangerous player on the pitch for us that half.

Genuinely can't understand all the whinging about him throughout the half - without his few efforts we literally did nothing that half.

Look how many times he breaks down attacks,
    He absolute zero Go or aggression in him

The fella wouldnt get a game for any other premium leauge side,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I'm fairly certain now there will never be any goals scored at Anfield ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Var getting involved there for no reason. Looking for a red in a nothing incident.

It’s gone so mental that I was expecting Mike Dean to be told to walk over to the telly screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Pope must be breaking records for the length of time he takes for his goal kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,080 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

That Origi chance was the exact type of goal needed to kick-start the form too. A bit of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Over 6 and half hours now without a league goal. And in the game prior to that they scored 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

This non attempt to challenge when it's a high ball and the ref always penalises the player actually making the legal attempt is a poison in this sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Been an issue most of the season but once again I'm noticing every time Mane gets the ball he seems to stand around and wait for Burnley to set up their defensive lines before trying to do anything.

Himself and Gini are taking too many touches. It pains me to see the team so out of ideas.

• Advertisement

Surprised at all the grief towards Origi when I haven't seen Ox properly control the ball once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Ox has been non existent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Why has Fabinho been booked when it was the Burnley player who kicked out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Surprised at all the grief towards Origi when I haven't seen Ox properly control the ball once

Ox has been way, way worse.

jebidiah wrote: »
    Himself and Gini are taking too many touches. It pains me to see the team so out of ideas.

The move that led to Trent's blazed free kick right at the half is the perfect example. Fabinho and Thiago played it around tight spaces in defence, navigated the press and got it to Robertson, he bombs up the pitch and plays it quickly into the middle, Burnley are out of sorts and we have time....then Mane holds onto it until he has 4 defenders in front of him and tries to run into all of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Look how many times he breaks down attacks,
    He absolute zero Go or aggression in him

The fella wouldnt get a game for any other premium leauge side,

Totally disagree, Mane was far more responsible for letting moves pitter out, followed by Ox and TAA.

Origi looked the only one willing to actually try to do something, along with (very occasionally) Shaq.

We just had so many worse players, I don't see the point in whinging about the guy having his first league start since last season. he missed a chance by the smallest margin you can miss a chance, which he made himself anyway. Obviously you want him to score it, but no one else is doing anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The good news is that two players who haven't scored for 4 games are on the bench.

And Minamino. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If Robbo could work on his shooting the way Marcelo did at his age, he really could be getting 5+ a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

He was woeful truely woeful

But he wasn't. Hate him as much as you want, but don't let that cloud your judgement. He was good that half, better than most.

Klopp wound up. I'd expect a MASSIVE reaction in second half. Salah for Ox needed for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

What was Klopp complaining about to Dyche in the tunnel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Fitz* wrote: »
    That Origi chance was the exact type of goal needed to kick-start the form too. A bit of luck.

Divock is usually a man for cool finish but the second I saw him shaping for the shot too soon my heart sunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Totally disagree, Mane was far more responsible for letting moves pitter out, followed by Ox and TAA.

Origi looked the only one willing to actually try to do something, along with (very occasionally) Shaq.

We just had so many worse players, I don't see the point in whinging about the guy having his first league start since last season. he missed a chance by the smallest margin you can miss a chance, which he made himself anyway. Obviously you want him to score it, but no one else is doing anything.

A little bit of measured analysis at least.

Over 6 and half hours now without a league goal. And in the game prior to that they scored 7.

Isn't it obvious?

Minamino has summoned some Ring/Grudge curse sh!t on Klopp after being frozen out.

Anyway this is all my fault I put a tenner on Div scoring :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Honestly didn't even know he was on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

monkey9 wrote: »
    Why has Fabinho been booked when it was the Burnley player who kicked out?

Two of them should've just got a telling off but if you book one then other should receive a yellow too.

Another example of one rule for Liverpool.

I swear there's at least one really bad challenge on Thiago every game, Barnes flying through him today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Ox these days , I just do not know what he offers , I can't think of one skill in football he is actually good at .

393 mins without a goal is insane , I think we average a goal every 36 mins under Klopp so that's insane , but the mad thing bar Origi I don't see a bad sitter missed in that time , or a great save made by a keeper . It's just like every player has forgot how to create a goal scoring chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

On a positive note, Matip has been immense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I really think Fab being missing from midfield is more of a issue than VVD being out injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

400 minutes without a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Wonder would Klopp be tempted by Milner or Neco on for TAA soon? There's loads of space out on the right, but TAA is making things so easy for them. Hanging back by the touch line, and lofting in nice easy balls. He's really struggling for form, but he doesn't look to be trying to play his way out of it... just keeps repeating the same ineffectual choices.

Ox not much better in the same channels.

Both kick out, one gets yellow, one doesn't

What was Klopp complaining about to Dyche in the tunnel?

Dyche said something to Klopp as he ran past him in the tunnel, whatever it was wound Klopp up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Klopp wound up. I'd expect a MASSIVE reaction in second half. Salah for Ox needed for sure

Not trying to be smart here, but don't hold your breath. Something is seriously wrong at the club recently and it wont be fixed during a halftime break.

Barnes was on a yellow, should have been off if it's a yellow for Fabinho how could it not be for the exact same kick out,

Btw the reason Barnes wasn't booked is obvious, he already has a yellow, ref being cowardly

Ox these days , I just do not know what he offers , I can't think of one skill in football he is actually good at .

393 mins without a goal is insane , I think we average a goal every 36 mins under Klopp so that's insane , but the mad thing bar Origi I don't see a bad sitter missed in that time , or a great save made by a keeper . It's just like every player has forgot how to create a goal scoring chance

This is the most worrying thing - in this barren run I don't remember the opposition keepers making any super saves. The defences have all been very comfortable against us.

Edit - ok the West Brom keeper made a great save from Firmino's header, but apart from that?

Barnes was on a yellow, should have been off if it's a yellow for Fabinho how could it not be for the exact same kick out,

Unbeliveable that Barnes wasn't sent off there, especially as Fabinho was booked in the same incident.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement