Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    This is an over reaction.

Confidence is such a fickle thing but oh so important. This team has none.

Klopp and Co have to somehow pick them up while playing game after game atm with a player pool that is too small. The lads can't be shielded. We don't have the squad.

Klopp looks like it for a while.

He needs a pick up himself. He could be in a bit of covid mode - as we all are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah no doubt this is all Origi's fault, this form we've been in for a month now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Origi should never play for this club again

Was far from the worst player tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's all my fault lads, Trent has been useless since my Trent was born. Everyone keeps telling me

Needing a goal and Thiago remains the deepest man in midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

ratracer wrote: »
    Wait for the ‘not what we wanted, we go again’ crap tweets from the squad tonight. This is pretty pathetic

Cant stand that muck from players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Fromvert wrote: »
    Against - West Brom, Newcastle, Southampton, United and Burnley

Up Next - Spurs, West Ham, Brighton, City, Leicester, Everton

At this minute can only see us getting 1 win out of all those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Better pray for Leipzig being at their most harum-scarem - they might just sit deep for the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

For making the keeper make 4 saves. More than anyone else did .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That’s harsh. He played better than Firmino and Mane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Tough to take.

No crowds in a dip like this is a big thing. Can't get behind the players and try and drive them on.

Players needs support.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

This team looks done. Individually Firmino looks done. I’m writing him off now. Even with huge mitigating circumstances this is so poor. Trent has turned into the worst player in football and Salah isn’t much better. Not fun to watch this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rob316 wrote: »
    It's all my fault lads, Trent has been useless since my Trent was born. Everyone keeps telling me

Can you bring him in for a name change? Bruno maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lads, will i start a 'Are Liverpool and Klopp done' thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I still think you have a great shot at getting top 4.

This team looks done. Individually Firmino looks done. I’m writing him off now. Even with huge mitigating circumstances this is so poor. Trent has turned into the worst player in football and Salah isn’t much better. Not fun to watch this.

It's so weird to me that Mane always escapes blame when we talk about the front 3, he's the one who played 90 minutes today and he might as well have not been on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

438 Premier League minutes without a goal.

And to add to all that - Even Mane is not playing at all - he hardly presses or runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

And that's the end of the 'easy' run of league games...what a disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Actually thought Origi was most like to score.

Played well.

Hit the bar, which is more than the other lot have been doing recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Klopp out,lost the team.....they aren't trying anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'd love for a journalist for once to ask Klopp what was the game plan and question why chipped slow crosses was the height of the creativity on show. Why don't your players take on players in the final third, it's either side ways passes or crosses.

Instead we'll get a non question - 'So Jurgen, that was not expected today'

This is what it will be like when Klopp leaves/ it will be like this .

438 Premier League minutes without a goal.

Still most goals in the league - goes to show how easy a league this was to try win. :D
    Genuinely 25 % easier than the one we won.

It's so weird to me that Mane always escapes blame when we talk about the front 3, he's the one who played 90 minutes today and he might as well have not been on the pitch.

Mane, Ox, and TAA the standout problems today.

A lot more problems besides with the others not making up for it, but those three were where moves went to die today.

EsSZCrFXAAEmVUF?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The question is how to stop the rot?
    Mane running directly into players isn’t it.
    Firmino flicks isn’t it.
    TAA being incapable of finding a man in the box isn’t it. Possession for possession sake isn’t it.

Klopp has cultivated a mentality that it doesn’t matter how bad you play you’re undroppable if you’re a name. Jones is the only player pulled.
    TAA is coasting out there, coasting.

I’ve said it repeatedly but if that was Lovren or Moreno the likes of Carragher or whomever is on comms for the game itself would never stop having a go at.
    If the fans were they’d give him a bollicking too.

All this is doing too is putting a **** load of pressure on Jota for when he returns.

Fromvert wrote: »
    I'd love for a journalist for once to ask Klopp what was the game plan and question why chipped slow crosses was the height of the creativity on show. Why don't your players take on players in the final third, it's either side ways passes or crosses.

Instead we'll get a non question - 'So Jurgen, that was not expected today'

IN fairness - he tried something new in first 1/2 - and I think we looked a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Problem now is, Klopp might give more attention to the FA cup as a chance to win something this season as the league is slipping away.
    Which will mean starting the 3 amigos again against UTD, when Origi/Minamino should really be starting that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭doc_17

I did Alison didn't FLAP down on Barnes's boot if that's what you're suggesting

He caught him after that. There was contact and that’s that:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't know what's happened since Palace that we've become so woefully predictable. Defences laughing at us trying to lob balls through walls of players.

razorblunt wrote: »
    The question is how to stop the rot?
    Mane running directly into players isn’t it.
    Firmino flicks isn’t it.
    TAA being incapable of finding a man in the box isn’t it. Possession for possession sake isn’t it.

Klopp has cultivated a mentality that it doesn’t matter how bad you play you’re undroppable if you’re a name. Jones is the only player pulled.
    TAA is coasting out there, coasting.

I’ve said it repeatedly but if that was Lovren or Moreno the likes of Carragher or whomever is on comms for the game itself would never stop having a go at.
    If the fans were they’d give him a bollicking too.

All this is doing too is putting a **** load of pressure on Jota for when he returns.

He dropped his two main forwards :eek:

retalivity wrote: »
    Problem now is, Klopp might give more attention to the FA cup as a chance to win something this season as the league is slipping away.
    Which will mean starting the 3 amigos again against UTD, when Origi/Minamino should really be starting that.

I think the plan was to go strong in the FA Cup regardless of today's result, based on the team we put out vs Villa's kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭A-Train

Relegation form at present. Mental block is growing and growing.

Would kill for a route 1 option some times to spring from the bench.

Lucky to get top 6 at this rate.

Massive questions around Klopp and the team now.

doc_17 wrote: »
    He caught him after that. There was contact and that’s that:

Yea, the leg barnes poked ball with, he moved it down pretty fast and KICKED alisson on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

razorblunt wrote: »
    Are we getting into Dortmund final season territory?

This summer was the original leave date wasnt it, before the extension?

Not to repeat myself too often, but I've said it a couple of times now that I reckon he would be going this summer and the extension was a bit of a smokescreen. The talk at the time was all about new players coming in wanting the stability of knowing who the manager was going to be and my thoughts were that thats all the contract was about.

Again, as before, I hope Im wrong.

The Cup is our best chance of a trophy this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

also can the clamouring for Shaqiri to start more games now totally stop, nowhere near good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Pace and lack of movement is the difference to my eye.

Yea, the leg barnes poked ball with, he moved it down pretty fast and KICKED alisson on the ground.

The leg has to come down though. And Alison was in the way. Yeah, he played for it, but it’s still a penalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭RonanG86

It's frustrating because we know these are good players. When we had the likes of Diouf, Le Tallec, Nunez, Jovanovic etc. toiling away ineffectively it was one thing. The players weren't good enough. Recruitment wasn't good enough. Managers for the most part not good enough. Owners and directors obviously not good enough. Easy to identify the problems back then.

But now we have good owners, an excellent recruitment team, a manager with a track record of winning things and a squad full of players with CL and PL medals in their pockets.

I don't accept that they've lost motivation because we've already won the league last season and the CL before it. Players don't think "yeah, I have the medal now, don't care anymore." I don't buy that the squad has 'peaked' and are on the downhill run either, most of our players are under 30. Not having Fabinho in midfield hurts us definitely, but I don't think it's solely, or even mostly down responsible for everything going wrong in the top third and in the opposition penalty box.

I don't think blaming Firmino, or Trent, or Salah, or anyone is the answer either. It's not a problem with individual players, even five or six of them. It's just not working for anyone out there and the longer it goes on the more tense the players are getting about it and the less natural their play is getting in the box. There's a lot more attempting to walk it into the net going on in the last five games than there ever was under Klopp. Shots from angles are being passed up in favour of trying to thread or cut back an impossible ball to one red shirt marked by 3 defenders.

I think Utd, Tottenham and Leicester will have dodgy patches so I'm not majorly worried about the top 4 at this point. Hopefully this is our bad patch and it'll end soon. City will probably get out of range though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I don't know what's happened since Palace that we've become so woefully predictable. Defences laughing at us trying to lob balls through walls of players.

The Leicester, Wolves, Spurs ,Palace run was the actual blip by the looks of it.

Lads - Klopp has been ****e - low energy.

But anyone saying Klopp out , should get a site ban. :D

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

also can the clamouring for Shaqiri to start more games now totally stop, nowhere near good enough

I thought Shaqiri did alright. He makes the right passes.

We have TAA who is suddenly hopeless, couldn't cross himself. Wijnaldum who is only interested in sideways and backwards passes. Salah who wants 5 touches and to cut back onto his left before he'll shoot. Firmino who can't really do anything. Mane who looks like he needs a long holiday. Ox who is an empty shirt.

Origi gets flack but he had a few efforts on goal at least. Horrendous miss one on one, but he did more than Firmino did tonight and Sunday combined.

This summer was the original leave date wasnt it, before the extension?

Not to repeat myself too often, but I've said it a couple of times now that I reckon he would be going this summer and the extension was a bit of a smokescreen. The talk at the time was all about new players coming in wanting the stability of knowing who the manager was going to be and my thoughts were that thats all the contract was about.

Again, as before, I hope Im wrong.

That only makes sense if he was to leave the season after, since the theory behind that was that he's here for the start of the rebuild, transitioning out old players and bringing in young players - which hasn't yet started.

Sure look, we'll recover from this, but it probably costs us the league. At this stage, would just be looking to consolidate top 4, and put the focus on the Champions League and FA Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

3 seasons of high intensity lads, as intense in training as in games. It's all in cycles some of these lads are as mentally exhausted as they are physically.

Some of the lads in their later 20s will never reach the heights again. Needs a serious refresh. Attacking patterns completely sussed out, and zero reaction which will worry Klopp the most.

It's a shame because after last season, it was a chance to start a legacy, but we might just be a one hit wonder.

Some of the so called big hitters in this team are gone over the hill such is the high level of intensity they have worked under this manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The reality is it's very hard to sustain it for 3 years in a row.

We should have won the title in 2019, other than a freakish Man City performance.

Sure, we've been unlucky with VAR and injuries, but that's not why we've drifted out of contention this season.

It's not right to blame players who've given so much in recent years.

It's disappointing but not all together surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pretty bleak, all things said.

There's not really anything in our performance that would lead you to thinking we have something there that'll allow us to turn it around.

We pretty much need the entire team to start playing dramatically better.

awec wrote: »
    I thought Shaqiri did alright. He makes the right passes.

We have TAA who is suddenly hopeless, couldn't cross himself. Wijnaldum who is only interested in sideways and backwards passes. Salah who wants 5 touches and to cut back onto his left before he'll shoot. Firmino who can't really do anything. Mane who looks like he needs a long holiday. Ox who is an empty shirt.

Origi gets flack but he had a few efforts on goal at least. Horrendous miss one on one, but he did more than Firmino did tonight and Sunday combined.

Shaq was good imo set trent up free in A1 positions about 20 times.

Thought he was fine - he suffered from having Ox and TAA both being woeful around his side of the pitch. Looked better once Salah brought a bit of energy to the right side.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement