Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,824 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

We are in serious trouble of missing out on Champions leauge,
    I cant us oicking up many points till March comes around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Pretty depressing to pick up one point vs Burnley & West Brom at home when Man City routinely crush these teams 5-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

1-0 or 5-0 you only get three points. I'd take any number of 1-0's at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looks like Hendo and Matip will be fit to play. Could badly do with 3 points on Thursday. Goodnight.

Looks like Hendo and Matip will be fit to play. Could badly do with 3 points tomorrow. Goodnight.

Can see us playing better and getting a better result vs Spurs than against the relegation fodder we've been poor against lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Jaysus we could be 10-15 points off the top by end of Feb. Disastrous January

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Jaysus we could be 10-15 points off the top by end of Feb. Disastrous January

Could be. Or could be top.

Villa are 5 points behind us with two games in hand.... Mental season for us.

Augeo wrote: »
    Villa are 5 points behind us with two games in hand.... Mental season for us.

:)

• Advertisement

I dunno ........... we are miles off what we were, underperforming to a large degree and teams with squads nowhere near the quality of ours are near us in the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When in Jota expected back? He was our best player (by a country mile) until he got injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

When in Jota expected back? He was our best player (by a country mile) until he got injured.

PL website has him for 13/2
    Diogo Jota - Knee Injury
    Jan 20: "Diogo is still a few weeks away, I don't know exactly how long but it will not be in the next one or two weeks. He needs time, the injury needs time." 13/02/2021

Sooner the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If Matip and Henderson are back I still say we go with the following:
    Alisson
    TAA-Matip-Phillips-Robertson
    Fab
    Henderson-Thiago
    Salah-Firmino-Mane

Despite the injury crisis that is literally 10 of our best 11 all in their best positions, I'd much rather that than playing 3 or 4 of them out of position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Alisson
    Fab
    Henderson-Thiago
    Salah-Firmino-Mane

Despite the injury crisis that is literally 10 of our best 11 all in their best positions, I'd much rather that than playing 3 or 4 of them out of position.

I can only presume you want Nat Phillips going up against Son and Kane because you want to post a load of gifs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Alisson
    Fab
    Henderson-Thiago
    Salah-Firmino-Mane

There is not a hope he starts Phillips against Kane and Son....it will be Fab and Matip and we go from there!

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I can only presume you want Nat Phillips going up against Son and Kane because you want to post a load of gifs.

I don't have a tonne of faith in him doing well, but I have far more faith in the other 10 getting the job done than if we were to start Fabinho at CB, meaning Henderson plays deeper, removing midfield cover for our fullbacks, forcing Thiago to play deeper, isolating the attack from the midfield.

I'd rather we have one weak link than create a dozen of them trying to hide one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Alisson
    Fab
    Henderson-Thiago
    Salah-Firmino-Mane

I'd start with Milner, maybe look to sub him for TAA after 60 mins.
    I'd also probably bench Mane for the first 60 mins as well.

Neither have covered themselves in glory the past few months. Definitely need to have Hendo and Fab out of the backs. We need to start scoring and we can't have one of them in the back row for the next 5 or 6 matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

KevRossi wrote: »

Neither have covered themselves in glory the past few months. Definitely need to have Hendo and Fab out of the backs. We need to start scoring and we can't have one of them in the back row for the next 5 or 6 matches.

I'd put Fab in the cb alongside Joel, have Hendo, gini and thiago in the Midfield.

In reality they are going to target TAA, so I'd have Gini sit in front of him.

I'd put Fab in the cb alongside Joel, have Hendo, gini and thiago in the Midfield.

And that's the way the team will line up. Klopp has no notion of dropping TAA or moving Fab from centre half especially going into a must win against Spurs!

KevRossi wrote: »

So you'd be looking to start a right hand side of defence comprising off Milner at RB & Philips/Williams at RCB up against Son ?

No chance Fab will be CB and Trent will start and both rightly so ,

I think Mane will cause Aurier problems , Aurier tends to have a great game & then make a shocking mistake ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I'd put money on this being the lineup.

I think Shaqiri will start myself with a offset attack and Firmino on the bench.

I think Shaqiri will start myself with a offset attack and Firmino on the bench.

I can't see it Bobby was brilliant on Sunday I think he has to start ,
    I think the 3 amigos are going to start this one ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gini needs to sit out a game. He's tiring very badly around the 70 minute mark and he could do with a small break.

It was Gini's job to sit in front of Trent on Sunday and he was nowhere to be seen as our right side was attacked constantly, the best player for that role has always been Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,082 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is Klopp speaking today about the game? Maybe we might have an update on Keita/Jota.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Any cb would have been under pressure last week the way Trent was 30 or 40 yards upfield from Rashford all the time. The covering player was sometimes non existent. Gini and Thiago tried but it is not their best attribute in fairness. Thiago in particular was lost, as he invariably gave away foul after foul. I can see Klopp starting Williams again, alongside Matip with Hendo doing one of the things that he does best, cover for Trent. Fab and Thiago to do what they are best at then and our front 3 might start to click again.
    We win 1-3.
    I'd be happy with that.
    Or any team that gets us a win.

It was Gini's job to sit in front of Trent on Sunday and he was nowhere to be seen as our right side was attacked constantly, the best player for that role has always been Henderson.

To be fair Gini played his whole time with us on the left so its kind of understandle for him to drift to that side m Also it didn't help that Salah gave the ball so easy to Shaw on a number of occasions , It was Gini himself who gave it away for there first goal

The second half that issues was completely sorted out , There 2nd goal was just a shocking error from Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

Is January over yet? It’s consistently the worst month to be a Liverpool supporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ratracer wrote: »
    Is January over yet? It’s consistently the worst month to be a Liverpool supporter.

Still have PTSD from 08/09 season.

• Advertisement

Hendo & Matip are fit and available which is a boost.

Fitz* wrote: »
    Hendo & Matip are fit and available which is a boost.

Im guessing nothing on Naby and nobody asked ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

This is the third season in a row in which we can’t rely on Keita - frustrating.

Im guessing nothing on Naby and nobody asked ,

Is Ox an option ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭willabur

Augeo wrote: »
    Is Ox an option ?

ox has not been good since returning from his big injury, sad to see but its hard to see a place for him in a title challenging squad unless he steps up significantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Knex* wrote: »
    Still have PTSD from 08/09 season.

We need a 13/14 run in the second half of the season to have a chance

dogbert27 wrote: »
    We need a 13/14 run in the second half of the season to have a chance

If Liverpool have a good February, there is every chance.

Other teams will drop points yet, take points off of each other. Fixture build up with Man City and maybe having one eye on Europe, Man Utd have barely had an injury of note all season and luck will run out eventually with every 50/50 call. Liverpool's April/May fixtures are appealing. It's all about staying in the game until then. If you offered me 3 points off top at the end of March, I'd take that right now. All to play for, Jota back etc.

Starting with a win tomorrow night. I'm not giving up yet. Keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

City will win the League at a canter IMO

Only hope anyone else has is if they prioritise the CL, where I expect either them or Bayern to win it

We will struggle to make Top 4 unless we get our ass in gear quick

I reckon if we go 4 wins on the trot wed be second ,
    But the problem is that is not going to happen,

Early December I was given loads of stick here for being constantly worried about our away form now we are also worrying our hone form ,
    We could be looking at anywhere as low as a 7th place finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We dominated Burnley, and then they nicked a goal, with a suspect penalty. I'd expect us to start banging in the chances against Spurs. This is a freakish run of bad luck. Good will towards the club and players brings positive out comes, bad will , negative. Our form can be pinpointed to Salah and his Christmas Tree, the bad will towards him and us from a billion people plus hardly helps. He has'nt scored, and we haven't won since that day that Tree went up.

We dominated Burnley, and then they nicked a goal, with a suspect penalty. I'd expect us to start banging in the chances against Spurs. This is a freakish run of bad luck. Good will towards the club and players brings positive out comes, bad will , negative. Our form can be pinpointed to Salah and his Christmas Tree, the bad will towards him and us from a billion people plus hardly helps. He has'nt scored, and we haven't won since that day that Tree went up.

We won 2 away games all season and one was the opening day against 10 men for 45 minutes , I don't think Mo had a Christmas tree up all year ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I know your posting this tongue in cheek but I think it might be more when Klopp went public in his questioning of VAR and officials and being the most vocal against the PL with regard to the 5 sub rule

We could be looking at anywhere as low as a 7th place finish

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

That's the direction we have been heading for over a month now ,
    Even a slight up turn in form wouldn't be enough to get top 4

Over the last 6 games we are 12th in the form table ,
    Our next 6 games SPurs (a) Westham(A) Brighton (h) City (h) Leicster (a) Everton (h)

We could easy and not surprisingly be in the bottom half of the table by the start of March

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

That's the direction we have been heading for over a month now ,
    Even a slight up turn in form wouldn't be enough to get top 4

Over the last 6 games we are 12th in the form table ,
    Our next 6 games SPurs (a) Westham(A) Brighton (h) City (h) Leicster (a) Everton (h)

We could easy and not surprisingly be in the bottom half of the table by the start of March
    We have been good against the top sides this season.

The last month has been poor but a bit of a freak as well.

We deserved to beat West Brom & Newcastle. Southampton created very little as well. Burnley the same

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    We have been good against the top sides this season.

The last month has been poor but a bit of a freak as well.

We deserved to beat West Brom & Newcastle. Southampton created very little as well. Burnley the same

It hasn't been a freak though Fulham, Brighton ,even Everton was poor ,

I cant see us getting more than 4 points in these next two and even that would be surprise,

Even if it was a loss, I saw some positives from the game last Sunday. The play was a lot better, chances created, goals scored. Even Trent looked better. A teenager rookie CB is not going to give away a goal every game and with Matip back again the chances of playing are lower. The goal from a placed ball after a soft free kick was the difference.

I still have belief anyways. Klopp had a line today that we should listen to.

"In this world, we lose trust and faith much too quickly. Everything is great, or everything is the opposite. There are so many stages in between."

This talk of it all suddenly clicking and we will be back to the form of last year is not going to happen, there is too many varying circumstances for that to happen. Its not all doom and gloom either but some people are waiting for the unrealistic, that this team is suddenly going to kick into form and win 10/11 on the trot...Between now and the end of Feb in the league we have Spurs(a), West Ham (a), Brighton (H), City (H), Leicester (a), Everton (H), Sheffield (a)...to keep in the title race we need about 17/18 points and avoid defeat against City from those 7 fixtures. If our blip continues and we only take 12 points or less then yes the top 4 will become a real struggle. Sound obvious but it will be a game by game process over the next few weeks to see where this team is at...

Even if it was a loss, I saw some positives from the game last Sunday. The play was a lot better, chances created, goals scored. Even Trent looked better. A teenager rookie CB is not going to give away a goal every game and with Matip back again the chances of playing are lower. The goal from a placed ball after a soft free kick was the difference.

I still have belief anyways. Klopp had a line today that we should listen to.

"In this world, we lose trust and faith much too quickly. Everything is great, or everything is the opposite. There are so many stages in between."

I actually think Milner was a huge difference ,
    I also think the difference he made was so simple he was just wiling to make runs beyond there midfield , He wasn't even great at it but just the fact he done broke up the set lines and made gaps appear,

Our midfield at times lately seem to obsessed with not giving the ball away
    , which is some what understandable giving what behind them but passing it to carefully means we slow things down and it also means we don't get the opportunity to win it back higher up the pitch, Basically its stale and predictable

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

There is no chance of winning the league its just not possible with the issues at the back and the knock on effect its having on the rest of the team. I'd be happy with Top 4 and there is a possibility we could win the CL. It's just an unfortunate set of circumstances. I'm sure if crowds were allowed the club would sanction money for a CB but it's all too uncertain financially.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement