Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The team is spooked. They've been caught napping here by the intensity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Like Villa Liverpool were expecting just to turn up to win, it is Fulham who have been fighting and now have fans to impress they needed to be on it from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

This is painful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Fabhino goes right through Fulhams players foot before even touching ball if he even did, Liverpool fans screaming it’s never a penalty
    Fulham player looks like he is going to push Salah but stops himself, Salah plays acts but was limited contact if any
    Jesus, delusional

https://twitter.com/primevideosport/status/1338164298879733760

there is also being biased ,clearly gets the ball here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This when you want Fab in midfield taking control of it and not as a CB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭McFly85

10 mins to go and we need HT already for Klopp to stock the boot in. Can’t string 2 passes together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Poor Firmino just can’t get it together this year in any sort of consistent way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Did every Leeds fan get bullied by a Liverpool fan? They're saltier than Everton fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Fabhino goes right through Fulhams players foot before even touching ball if he even did, Liverpool fans screaming it’s never a penalty
    Fulham player looks like he is going to push Salah but stops himself, Salah plays acts but was limited contact if any
    Jesus, delusional

“Stops himself”.

Great cross from Jones, Mane has to score that.

Awful first half performance but luckily the game is still salvageable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Playing better now after a horrendous half hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ox and Minamino needed in second half, we need difference .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

How are we fairing? Will we do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Starting to put the pressure on a bit now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Looks like my concern about our away form was correct
    We have been awful

shamrock55 wrote: »
    How are we fairing? Will we do?

One of the worst first half hours this team has put in. Slowly getting better. Fulham deserved lead, Alisson has been busy.

Minamino? Why? I’ve never seen him play well for us? And we seem to be average any time he’s on?

Fromvert wrote: »
    Did every Leeds fan get bullied by a Liverpool fan? They're saltier than Everton fans

I like this new found "rivalry" we have with spurs also

doc_17 wrote: »
    Minamino? Why? I’ve never seen him play for us? And we seem to be average any time he’s on?

He's great, played a great game in place of Firmino earlier in season, but never kept his play, hard to do with Jota and Firmino ahead of him. With Jota out and Firmino out of sorts Minamino can play a role in second half.

• Advertisement

Mane tripped who then trips Bobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

You can be sure that Mane incident would have been checked if it that was another side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

That should be a penalty, trip on Mane. Doesn't matter that its accidental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Seriously, that push is not a foul but that on Henderson is? Screw it, think if we can score early this Fulham team will fold. They are just above relegation for a reason. But we need to play better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Neither please, takes Ox weeks of rubbish to get back to match sharpness.

ERG89 wrote: »
    You can be sure that Mane incident would have been checked if it that was another side.

Anything that can be given against us will be scrutinised, I'd say its after vars Everton debacle earlier this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This is the kind of performance we constantly hear "wouldn't happen if Henderson was on the pitch."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭McFly85

Dreadful 30 minutes, so conceding once isn’t too bad. Better in the last 15 but that had as much to do with Fulham backing off as anything.

Need to be much quicker in the second half, next goal crucial.

Hendo having flashbacks to when Rodgers tried to swap him for Clint Dempsey thinking he could have been playing there for the last 8 years seems to be distracting him from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The Fabinho incident is in no way "clear and obvious" which is literally the phrasing used in the official rules. The VAR should've looked for himself, realised that it was inconclusive, and told the ref to play on.

He's great, played a great game in place of Firmino earlier in season, but never kept his play, hard to do with Jota and Firmino ahead of him. With Jota out and Firmino out of sorts Minamino can play a role in second half.

I disagree that he can make an impact. We are getting physically outmuscled so he wouldn’t help us there.

• Advertisement

doc_17 wrote: »
    I disagree that he can make an impact. We are getting physically outmuscled so he wouldn’t help us there.

He's unpredictable, and Fulham are well drilled on who they know. They don't know him, even Origi would give them something different to deal with.

As bad as we have been i just cant understand how looling at VAR you cant see th e Fulham player two handed pushed Mo, Its a freekick no matter what Mo does

Not much on the bench to change things either.

Graeme explaining that it was indeed a penalty. Have to agree now, it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

That VAR incident, if he gave a penalty there wouldn't have been enough to overturn it. Still not sure why the VAR took so long and still asked the referee to have a look as well. I would have thought the VAR referee would have been able to get most of it right, but because they were doing their own thing last year it means this year they are having those learning pain. Too bad it is the 2nd season already when you hoped it would be better, but the PGMOL knows better and we are where we are.

Doesn't matter what happened in the 1st half, still 45 minutes to go and we have more than enough to beat this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

There is no one on that bench who's going to make a difference to this game.

Minamino hasn't shown it at all since he's been here. I reckon we're going to do them in the 2nd half, but Kloppo is going to murder at least one person in that dressing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Atrocious so far, Alisson aside, every one has been horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

mightyreds wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/primevideosport/status/1338164298879733760

there is also being biased ,clearly gets the ball here

Personally, in real time, I think it’s not a penalty but if you apply the modern rules and use VAR to slow things down then it looks clear to me he goes through the players foot first.
    But to say this is clearly not a foul and the Salah “push” is a foul, is very peculiar, maybe it was a foul on Salah and Salahs attempt to over sell it did him no favors, I personally don’t think it was a foul but to have the opinion that one is 100% a foul and the other isn’t, is kind of bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Be nice if we could bring on any of Thiago, Jota, Keita, Shaq to change things up, maybe VVD or Gomez on so we can push Fab into the middle. We've nothing on the bench.

As bad as we have been i just cant understand how looling at VAR you cant see th e Fulham player two handed pushed Mo, Its a freekick no matter what Mo does

I mean the reason Fulham keep the ball in there is because of that push. The ball is dropping right on top of the Fulham player and Salah. You just can’t shove someone in the back even if it’s not with massive force. That said we deserve to be behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Matip injured lovely

Minamino for Matip sounds like an injury. Makes no sense otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

That's certainly a substitution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

paulie21 wrote: »
    Matip injured lovely

If it was an injury you'd imagine Phillips would have come on?

Matip injured, ������

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Right...im now in the whatever happens this season happens. We are in serious trouble...

A CB pairing of Fab and Hendo.

Why not bring on Philips.

I guess it's balls to the wall time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Minamino for Matip sounds like an injury. Makes no sense otherwise.

Why not Philips?

Still doesn't make a huge amount of sense.

To me anyway.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1338172752595922944

Fabinho moved the Fulhams player airborne leg, leg that he is trying to plant to cross the ball with his right, Fabinho moved his leg, and toed the ball away. Happened in one instant though, how do you call that, made contact with ball and the underside of foot at same time.
    Easy to argue he got the ball, and easy to say he got his foot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Don't think it's an injury to be honest as not like for like.

Hes probably gonna go 3 at the back with Hendo sitting in front.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement