Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Girly Gal wrote: »
    VVD and Gomez are the only long term injuries, both being CBs exaggerates their loss, also the one area of the squad which had insufficient back up, which only compounds their loss. The other injuries are the types of injuries and time out every club can expect throughout a season.

Of course we were always going to miss VVD what team wouldn't, but, had we held onto Lovren or replaced him for example, the loss of both VVD and Gomez wouldn't have affected us as much, for example Fabinho would have stayed in midfield for most of the season, only playing at CB for a handful of games (Henderson, Williams and Philips have only played about 7/8 league games between them at CB, I was surprised when I looked this up it feels like a lot more!). With Fabinho in midfield for most of the season the other injuries in midfield wouldn't have affected us as much either.

The CB issue really is the only area that's been badly affected by injury, but, has been allowed to totally unbalance the whole team due to the club's reluctance to get a CB in.

You wouldn't consider Jota & Thiago's injuries at nearly 3 months each long enough to be significant, no?

You don't think we'd be better off than we are now had Jota & Thiago not got injured for the length of time that they did?

OK, fair enough.

I say fair enough for injuries like Alisson, Trent & other significant injuries of 10 days+ and even players who are practically injured more than they are fit like Matip & Keita, but I wouldn't class a 3 month injury like Jota & Thiago's the type of injury that clubs are to expect every season.

KDB will be a massive loss for City & he's only 6 weeks. Jota & Thiago were double that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

DVDM93 wrote: »
    You wouldn't consider Jota & Thiago's injuries at nearly 3 months each long enough to be significant, no?

You don't think we'd be better off than we are now had Jota & Thiago not got injured for the length of time that they did?

OK, fair enough.

I say fair enough for injuries like Alisson, Trent & other significant injuries of 10 days + but I wouldn't class a 3 month injury like Jota & Thiago's the type of injury that clubs are to expect every season.

KDB will be a massive loss for City & he's only 6 weeks. Jota & Thiago were double that.

Jota and Thaigo injuries are the types of injuries most other clubs have throughout a season, obviously it would have been great if neither were injured especially Jota as he was flying at the time (he did get injured in a dead rubber game so it could have been avoided, but, not going to dwell on that). My point is every club has players missing chucks of the season. It's the 2 CBs out for the season that really separates us from most other clubs. Had Gomez not got injured I think we could have coped without VVD, but, with both out it meant Fabinho was lost from midfield resulting in a chain reaction throughout the team. The club have allowed one problem area to unbalance the team and are unwilling to address the situation until the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Jota and Thaigo injuries are the types of injuries most other clubs have throughout a season, obviously it would have been great if neither were injured especially Jota as he was flying at the time (he did get injured in a dead rubber game so it could have been avoided, but, not going to dwell on that). My point is every club has players missing chucks of the season. It's the 2 CBs out for the season that really separates us from most other clubs. Had Gomez not got injured I think we could have coped without VVD, but, with both out it meant Fabinho was lost from midfield resulting in a chain reaction throughout the team. The club have allowed one problem area to unbalance the team and are unwilling to address the situation until the summer.

I get what you are trying to say, but I don't see these type of injuries at other clubs in the same season. We have been extremely unlucky that our players have been getting the same niggling injuries that all teams get, and we have had long term injuries to players that were thought to be key as well. Most of those have been, as far as I remember, due to contact where 2 of the three were in one match and deserved red cards. You are unlucky to have a player out for a while due to a red card tackle in a season, to have 2 from one match is really rotten luck.

In saying that, somehow we are still lamenting how we threw away the league this year. Take out key players from most teams and you will see an immediate drop-off, yet we were top for a good while. The exception to this is Man City, and it helps if you can spend huge amounts of the owners cash and not expect a return or even pretend to be self sufficient. You can then afford to spend 424 million euro on defenders in the last 5 years and have a few duds and still have a season derail due to one injury.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one GG.

I can't see how Jota & Thiago's injuries can be compared to run of the mill injuries clubs should expect, like muscle injuries for example that put players out for a few games.

Both were impact injuries, Thiago was hacked for example, an incident that should never occur on a football pitch. Unless Richarlison is going around hacking players every week looking to take them out then we can consider ourselves a minority & unlucky with that one I think.

Im all ears for the other injuries being what other clubs face, just not Gomez, Jota, Thiago & VVD.

They're not simply your every day common injury that every club faces, they're significant injuries that have a massive effect on the outcome of a season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

I think tonight, if Jose goes for the get a goal and then sit back, we can get a result, but if they go for it with Kane and Son, we could lose by a couple :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,085 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Liverpool had a training session this morning at Leyton Orient's ground.

Fabinho nowhere to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Dreams_n_Songs/status/1354092342379163649?s=20

Where were you?

I was in student accommodation in Cork - **** load of can and out on the lash in the City.

I remember queuing at a chipper at some point the rest was a bit of a blur.

I was at the match what a night.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

I remember folk mentioning how we were lucky that our front 3 were always fit ............ even this season they've missed very little

Firmino played 28 games for us, 19 in PL
    Mane played 24 games for us, 16 in PL
    Salah played 28 games for us, 18 in PL

When we talk about bad luck we can't forget the good luck either. No one is arguing that VVD and Gomez is very bad luck..........so too Jota & Thiago ....... thiago is back now though and Jota rumoured to be back soon (https://www.empireofthekop.com/2021/01/28/latest-on-keita-jotas-fitness-as-liverpool-prepare-to-welcome-duo-back/) so we can't be p1ssing and moaning indefinitely about it. They are both just in the door also.

If the club decide not to bother getting in a CB (and Klopp has suggested he wants one now but the club won't buy one) we've sort of made our bed to an extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,828 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fitz* wrote: »
    Liverpool had a training session this morning at Leyton Orient's ground.

Fabinho nowhere to be seen.

Did you see the picture, it looks like Fab very top left sitting on the bench with a coach ,

Did you see the picture, it looks like Fab very top left sitting on the bench with a coach ,

Hopefully he is ok to play. Can't be dealing with another injury at CB.

• Advertisement

That's a very good spot if it's him haha, you defo win Where's Wally every time.

https://twitter.com/Anfield_CentraI/status/1354795915916226560?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,619 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I was at the match what a night.

Sitting at home in my parents house. I opened a can of Carlsberg at the start of the 2nd half , then the comeback. I nursed that same can till the end of the penos. Then went out for pints 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thinking of John W Henry at this difficult time.

/buys gamestop

The rumored team has Philips & Matip playing CB and no Fabinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Oh god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

3rd and 6th choice CB's against Kane/Son? What could go wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

For the record we played Fab and Rhys Williams last time against Spurs and only conceded one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

The rumored team has Philips & Matip playing CB and no Fabinho in defense.

Cross fingers this is the case...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ultimately if we're gonna succeed this season we need Fab back in midfield, and if we're not buying anyone then that means one of Williams or Phillips needs to step up and be at least serviceable, now away to Spurs is quite the trial by fire but we're not gonna achieve anything if we hamper the midfield by playing Fab at the back for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Liverpool just jumped out from 2.2 to 2.4 on the betting exchange in the last 30 minutes. There is obviously some truth to the Fabinho rumour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

seriously lads.

buy a fúcking centre back.

for the love of fúcking Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Don't want to alarm anyone imagine if Matip gets injured during the game (very possible) we could be left with Philips and Williams up against Kane and Son :eek:

And someone was only saying this morning on here that we had as much injuries as everyone else in the league ,
    We have in our Boll*x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

A few posters have mentioned it already over the last few days.

Presuming Fab is fit, rather than playing him out of position as a CB, I'd like to see how we get on with him back in his natural position in midfield protecting Matip and AN.Other, with Thiago and Henderson slightly in front of him.

Give Salah, Mane and Bobby the platform from midfield that they thrived on last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Last rumour of the team lineup ended up being false statement hopefully this is the same craic

And someone was only saying this morning on here that we had as much injuries as everyone else in the league ,
    We have in our Boll*x

Yeah that's just a no from me. This first team have been ravaged.

Last rumour of the team lineup ended up being false statement hopefully this is the same craic

Id usually think the same and that's why I always check the markets. The bookies are very rarely wrong in these things unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

SM01 wrote: »
    A few posters have mentioned it already over the last few days.

Presuming Fab is fit, rather than playing him out of position as a CB, I'd like to see how we get on with him back in his natural position in midfield protecting Matip and AN.Other, with Thiago and Henderson slightly in front of him.

Give Salah, Mane and Bobby the platform from midfield that they thrived on last season.

In general I’m not opposed to this, but for tonight we can’t go out with Williams or Nat if Fab is available... just too big a risk with their lack of pace. Son will just be sprinting at them all game.

They only got 1 at Anfield against Williams, but that was more down to their extreme conservatism than us defending well. While they’ll still play on the counter, have to think they’ll be more aggressive on the break at home.

I can only imagine how the news of Fab being injured would dent the confidence of the rest of the lads ,
    I dont care what level you play at when your in a dressing room and find out someone who is normally a nailed on starter is hurt it take some of the wind out of you ,

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    In general I’m not opposed to this, but for tonight we can’t go out with Williams or Nat if Fab is available... just too big a risk with their lack of pace. Son will just be sprinting at them all game.

They only got 1 at Anfield against Williams, but that was more down to their extreme conservatism than us defending well. While they’ll still play on the counter, have to think they’ll be more aggressive on the break at home.

My hope would be that Fab would police Son somewhat, but also contribute where we're in attack (i don't think there's much he can't do)

You may well be right, and i think Klopp will side with your thinking tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Id usually think the same and that's why I always check the markets. The bookies are very rarely wrong in these things unfortunately.

Paddy Power has us at 6/5 and Tottenham at 2/1 for tonight. What does that mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Enzokk wrote: »
    Paddy Power has us at 6/5 and Tottenham at 2/1 for tonight. What does that mean?

Nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

It means put your bitcoin on Spurs

Doesn't mean much. I just keep an eye on the exchanges to see where the value is...Bookies will have huge varying prices either side of the book to balance any losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Doesn't mean much. I just keep an eye on the exchanges to see where the value is...Bookies will have huge varying prices either side of the book to balance any losses.

:confused:

Im yet to see huge varying prices in a premier league game. You might get a small arb but nothing huge

• Advertisement

Shanee. wrote: »
    :confused:

Im yet to see huge varying prices in a premier league game. You might get a small arb but nothing huge

By huge I mean in the bookies favour and not the pundits unfortunately!!! Bookies are getting away with murder the last few years with their margins on the overround.! but we are getting really off topic here....ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Fab not seen with the squad walking into the stadium so must be out

We have in our Boll*x

No, that's not was said.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116080294&postcount=7492

The season ending injuries to vvd & Gomez was excluded along with one or two others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Sigh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Christ, Hendo back into CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Hopefully Fab being out is just Klopp trying to force the hand of the money men, but I sincerely doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Tom Hanks at work again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I smell a ****sh0w again

That's a decent first 11, Ox coming on for milner presumably in 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

This is not going to be a fun game to watch.

Very leaden footed midfield, with one eye on their defence... the front three aren’t gonna have much of a platform I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Tom Hanks at work again.

Just do your best to ignore it, you would hope he would tire from it when nobody reacts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Lads, it's Tottenham.

They reckon we win 5 times out of 12 with tonight's situation. More chance of us not winning then winning

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement