Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I wonder what midfield we will play on Sunday ,
    Gini, Thiago & Milner all looked very tired ,
    Can Milner start 3 games in a week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Jones, Ox and Gini maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If a midfielder needs a rest then I'd be bringing in Shaqiri for a game like West Ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,218 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'd start Milner again.

He has actually shown in the last couple games what runs from midfield can do. He's an oldschool midfielder able to do the basics, which sometimes is missing from modern day midfielders who get pigeon holed into specific roles. Just ask Milner to run and run for 3 games and get the most out of him for 70 mins. His voice and leadership needed up the pitch while Hendo is back playing CB.

Jones can come on for 20 and try build up his confidence slowly back to what it was before his WBA mistake kickstarted this bad run.

Empty Milner's tank over this run of games, get us over the line and then let him rest up for 2 weeks after sitting on the bench!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

They tried to play Milner in 3 games in one week as recently as last November and he got injured after 75 mins in the third game against Brighton.

Making him do that again would be a farce.

• Advertisement

Fitz* wrote: »
    I'd start Milner again.

He has actually shown in the last couple games what runs from midfield can do. He's an oldschool midfielder able to do the basics, which sometimes is missing from modern day midfielders who get pigeon holed into specific roles. Just ask Milner to run and run for 3 games and get the most out of him for 70 mins. His voice and leadership needed up the pitch while Hendo is back playing CB.

Jones can come on for 20 and try build up his confidence slowly back to what it was before his WBA mistake kickstarted this bad run.

Empty Milner's tank over this run of games, get us over the line and then let him rest up for 2 weeks after sitting on the bench!

I agree only problem is muscle injury gets more likely each passing game in such quick succession,

We need him until Hendo is back in midfield or Keita is fit ,

Be nice for OX to start to show signs he can play CM again ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yeah no way milner should start sunday,will prob be Gini,thiago and Jones,Suppose it just shows Ox's worth to the squad,absolutely nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Start with Milner, take him off after 60 mins. Play him with Gini and Thiago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Probably not three but definitely can start 2 in a week which is all he would have done if he plays on Sunday.

Also, don't see this tiredness of players on TV that people always claim. It's normal to get tired towards the end of the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,576 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Milner can play 8 days in a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Time to move Matip on in the Summer. He's made of glass. Brilliant player when fit but it's just so rare, can't be relied upon. I'm close to saying the same about Keita at this stage also.

You just know Lingard will score against us the weekend

I just watched back the highlights of the game
    I noticed on this watch that for there disallowed goal at the start , Matip actually played for the offside and raised his hand ,when Son originally played it back to Kane before he was put through

I didn't notice that last night I thought we just got lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CB lotto before the games to see who plays there next.

Robbo has played CB in a 3 for Scotland I wonder how long till he gets his shot at CB

Tsimikas then in at LB.

Milner has played CB as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,576 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Robertson is an animal, would love to see him at CB with Fab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Robertson is an animal, would love to see him at CB with Fab.

Would be a huuuuuuuuuge loss to the attack.

He’d be totally fine at CB, much like Fab has been, but without him rampaging up the wing I dare say we suddenly get a lot less scary for opponents.

Maybe it’s something we’ll have to resort to, but the cost is high, unless Tsimikas can really hit the ground running, and find a level of fitness and consistency he’s not shown so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is robbo good enough in the air for a CB though lads?
    That along with loss of attacking prowess he brings would be my only concrens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Paul Joyce has spoken, okay not adding much but if it writes it's happening if it can.
    Liverpool are attempting to bring in reinforcements before the transfer window closes as Jürgen Klopp looks to address the defensive injury crisis in his squad.

Klopp added: “I am not sure there is an £80 million centre back available at the moment and a club thinks, ‘We can get £80 million for him so we will sell him.’ I don’t think that’s the case. Actually, pretty much I know. This calibre of player the teams would not sell them now.

“We need to find the right player and one which suits our financial situation, that’s clear as well. It’s about a solution, that’s the first thing, and that’s what we are working on.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Robbo's greatest assets is his energy and crossing abilities, why would anyone want to shift him into a CB position.

Mbappe will be with Salah and VVD at PSG.

Liverpool's CB pairings by minutes played together this season.

Someone feel free to upload it properly as I'm not sure how to.

If a foreign CB comes in this window, I think that means that a foreign player will have to be cut from the squad too, because of the homegrown quota. Adrian is the chief suspect.

Killed at least one game with a football in the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

brevity wrote: »

I assume Mbappé would cost a fortune. Don't think it's a good idea forking out so much money on one player. Also, telling a player that he would be the undisputed star is stupid. I doubt Klopp would say such a thing. Shït like that could cause morale to fall in a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

If a foreign CB comes in this window, I think that means that a foreign player will have to be cut from the squad too, because of the homegrown quota. Adrian is the chief suspect.

Saw something during the week that Martinez said that Origi needs to play more if he wants to get into the Belgium squad for the Euros. Wonder could he go out on a late loan somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    I assume Mbappé would cost a fortune. Don't think it's a good idea forking out so much money on one player. Also, telling a player that he would be the undisputed star is stupid. I doubt Klopp would say such a thing. Shït like that could cause morale to fall in a team.

I think he is out of contract after this season, so that's why Klopp is uping the ante trying to convince him to join. Now he would still have a massive contract and that would probably piss off a few of the lads.

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    I think he is out of contract after this season, so that's why Klopp is uping the ante trying to convince him to join. Now he would still have a massive contract and that would probably piss off a few of the lads.

Mbappe has 18 months left
    He wants to leave France and he is saying his next move is not about money he wants to play in Spain or England

Barcelona are out no money, City are out cause they'll get Messi, United are getting Sancho,
    So between us and Madrid

Madrid have prestige but are at the end of there cycle all there best players are coming to and end
    We have Jurgen and a long term vision

Its down to Mbappe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Would be a huuuuuuuuuge loss to the attack.

He’d be totally fine at CB, much like Fab has been, but without him rampaging up the wing I dare say we suddenly get a lot less scary for opponents.

Maybe it’s something we’ll have to resort to, but the cost is high, unless Tsimikas can really hit the ground running, and find a level of fitness and consistency he’s not shown so far.

What's the story with Tsimikas, is he injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

And the second we do that Alisson will get injured and we'll have a couple of kids for GK behind the couple of kids playing centre back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭RonanG86

tanko wrote: »

He was, but I thought he was back on the bench against Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

tanko wrote: »

Has been injured almost the entire time he’s been at the club. He’s still yet to make his premier league debut. But he’s been on the bench the past two games after the latest injury he got against Midtjylland, so that’s a positive. Hopefully can start building match fitness with a few minutes here and there in games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

he caught covid early on, sometimes it puts you down for ages, look at Lascelles at Newcastle. It could be that and the club wouldn't necessarily want to say it

.G. wrote: »
    And the second we do that Alisson will get injured and we'll have a couple of kids for GK behind the couple of kids playing centre back :D

Absolutely! It's what happens.

And queue the 'Klopp should not have released Adrian' comments.

• Advertisement

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Liverpool's CB pairings by minutes played together this season.

Someone feel free to upload it properly as I'm not sure how to.

FFS! Matip and VVD have played for 11 minutes together in 20 games.

541380.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

On last night, a very welcome return to form for Sadio.

He was our best player, at least in an attacking sense, during 2019 and much of 2020. Got us out of many a tight spot, and was struggling for form and confidence. Was worried for him when I missed the sitter at the start, but never held him back, he was outstanding. Gini too was brilliant, he looked fvcked out in recent weeks.
    Long may it continue.

Elsewhere, I read Sergio Ramos I'd out of contract in the summer, and is in something of a stand off with Real. Cheeky 18 month deal to go on the table.???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Mbappe has 18 months left
    He wants to leave France and he is saying his next move is not about money he wants to play in Spain or England

Barcelona are out no money, City are out cause they'll get Messi, United are getting Sancho,
    So between us and Madrid

Madrid have prestige but are at the end of there cycle all there best players are coming to and end
    We have Jurgen and a long term vision

Its down to Mbappe

This is head in the clouds stuff imo.

Of course money matters to him. If he didn't care about money he wouldn't be playing in a tin pot league pulling in E400,000 p/w.

It's not the clubs MO so sign players like Mbappe who would completely mess up the wage structure of the club.

Elsewhere, I read Sergio Ramos I'd out of contract in the summer, and is in something of a stand off with Real. Cheeky 18 month deal to go on the table.???

Not after he deliberately injured Salah in the final and stuck a leg out to Karius.

Fcuk him. Nasty shlt of a human being, and that's not just about the way he played against us.

I'm sorry but I couldn't give a fk about some lads being unhappy that a kid is being paid more than them if it meant we get the best footballer of the next 10 years on our team :pac:

• Advertisement

Mustafi is the name being floated around tonight.

Is he an actual CB that can take the field? Yes
    Do I think he is good enough to be starting for Liverpool? No
    Is he better than Philips & Williams? Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

gimli2112 wrote: »
    he caught covid early on, sometimes it puts you down for ages, look at Lascelles at Newcastle. It could be that and the club wouldn't necessarily want to say it

Bruce makes Lascelles experience with it sound pretty grim

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-newcastle-uniteds-allan-saint-maximin-and-jamaal-lascelles-suffering-long-term-effects-from-coronavirus-12170082

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah that's mad, kind of reminds me of Babel, who imo was an unsung hero of 2001. He caught something that just stopped him, I think he was in a wheelchair for a while, career gone over some virus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Has been injured almost the entire time he’s been at the club. He’s still yet to make his premier league debut. But he’s been on the bench the past two games after the latest injury he got against Midtjylland, so that’s a positive. Hopefully can start building match fitness with a few minutes here and there in games.

Tsimikas is actually a class player

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Tsimikas is actually a class player

Got a Dutch mate who's a Willem II fan and he hasn't stopped raving about him since he signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Got a Dutch mate who's a Willem II fan and he hasn't stopped raving about him since he signed.

Last defender we got from there turned out a bit alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

Knex* wrote: »

In fairness, Bruce makes everything sound pretty grim, no?

It's his natural flair for gritty prose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement