Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I wonder if a Saiss & Origi loan swap deal would appeal to both Liverpool & Wolves.

Wolves need a big man upfront & Liverpool need a CB. Origi is not getting his game, and either is Saiss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Is Saiss any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fitz* wrote: »
    I wonder if a Saiss & Origi loan swap deal would appeal to both Liverpool & Wolves.

Wolves need a big man upfront & Liverpool need a CB. Origi is not getting his game, and either is Saiss.

That actually makes sense for both teams.

And if Origi gets a run of games and if scores a half dozen goals by the end of the season we might get some decent money for him in the summer.

Saiss gets game time to put himself in the window to get a decent final contract somewhere and Wolves get a player off the books and a position they need filled by Origi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Till June 2024.

How much is on a week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Fly into Prague and get a coach.

**** me, another one wanting Klopp out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Must win tomorrow now. Not that it wasn’t before the United game tonight but we can be back within a point of them if we win. Would put us back in the mix with City coming up too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Looks like there will be a pretty big overhaul of the squad in the summer.

If we do sign a CB in the next day or two and they have planned to buy one in the summer as well that would leave us with 7 CB's,

I would imagine then Phillips will be sold and Williams will go out on loan and that would leave us with 5.

Gini, Shaq, Origi, Milner, Adrian, Phillips, Grujic, Wilson, Ojo, Karius, Awoniyi will go or be sold in the summer most likely.

R Williams, van den Berg, Elliott, Grabara out on loan.

How do you see there being a big overhaul?

No one has money. No one can buy our players and we won't be able to pull cash out of anywhere.

I think it'll be a very quiet summer.

It's not what I'd like. I'd be moving on all injury prone lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    Must win tomorrow now. Not that it wasn’t before the United game tonight but we can be back within a point of them if we win. Would put us back in the mix with City coming up too.

Think tomorrow will be a tougher game than the spurs game,West ham have won 6 on the bounce,Only a three day turnaround as well

Think tomorrow will be a tougher game than the spurs game,West ham have won 6 on the bounce,Only a three day turnaround as well

Yeah it’s gonna be a tough one. Definitely not taking anything for granted but it felt like something turned in that FA cup game against United. I know we didn’t win but there was signs of life there. Then the Spurs game followed.

I never say I’m confident about any game and won’t do about tomorrow but I think we will be well up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pearce reporting Fab is out for the next two games (West Ham & Brighton)and expected back for the City game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Pearce reporting Fab is out for the next two games (West Ham & Brighton)and expected back for the City game.

Klopp said Naby is closer so probably Brighton

Only blessing is they migjht actually come out to play
    Tends to happen, a top team has a few bad results because of teams sitting deep all of a sudden the poor side gets confident and start attacking to much amlnd gets beaten

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Klopp said Naby is closer so probably Brighton

If Naby is back for Brighton that should put him out for City, Leicester, Leipzig, Everton & Sheffield so.

Back in time for Fulham at the beginning of March.

Kieta has been such a disappointment. Just cannot rely on him. Think the club might look to move him on in the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Augeo wrote: »
    Definitely not, wouldn't do the chap any good IMO and I doubt you could rely on him. Kelleher is an able deputy for Alison as we've seen a few times this season.

I’d rather we just bring in a new backup keeper altogether.

Kelleher is an able deputy for sure, but he really needs to be playing at this stage of his career to keep developing, so should go on loan next season - as was the plan this year.

Kieta has been such a disappointment. Just cannot rely on him. Think the club might look to move him on in the Summer.

Looking forward to seeing if the new recovery doctor’s plan of staying out of the side longer and building a lot more supporting muscle works out. It makes a lot of sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

If we do sell home he will probably never get injured again...

Naby Keita missed 12 games between RBS & RBL in the 3 seasons he played for them.

Since joining Liverpool 2 & a half seasons ago he's missed 45 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Naby Keita missed 12 games between RBS & RBL in the 3 seasons he played for them.

Since joining Liverpool 2 & a half seasons ago he's missed 45 games.

Is that down to a/ medical staff , b/ pitch conditions or just bad luck ?

cj maxx wrote: »
    Is that down to a/ medical staff , b/ pitch conditions or just bad luck ?

I’m not sure what it is. Is it the intensity of the PL? I don’t think so. People often say that but it’s not as if he hasn’t played football before.

I’m not sure how it works fitness wise with the club but maybe his body just isn’t capable of maintaining the desired level of fitness.

I’d gladly move him on, along with Matip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I’m not sure what it is. Is it the intensity of the PL? I don’t think so. People often say that but it’s not as if he hasn’t played football before.

I’m not sure how it works fitness wise with the club but maybe his body just isn’t capable of maintaining the desired level of fitness.

I’d gladly move him on, along with Matip.

He's picked up a good few of his injuries during his time with Liverpool while on international duty.

Matip is fine when you have 3 fit CB's ahead of him. Such a shame he's made of glass as he's an excellent CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Jota should be back shortly
    Wonder will he make city game

Jota should be back shortly
    Wonder will he make city game

Think I read somewhere his return date is around the 13th of Feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Think I read somewhere his return date is around the 13th of Feb

Right,
    Just miss out so

Right,
    Just miss out so

Would be great if he was back for the city game,fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

DVDM93 wrote: »

Since when do qualifiers clash with league games? They shouldn’t be permitted to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Tusky wrote: »
    Since when do qualifiers clash with league games? They shouldn’t be permitted to go.

They dont its during the international break but people are reading into the quarantine rules and saying they will miss the games after because of it.
    Its a nothing story really as elite athletes are exempt and if they arent then no club will be releasing their players let alone us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Tusky wrote: »

They don't - it's a UEFA scheduled international weekend. We play Chesea on March 20/21, then the Brazil games, and we play again April 3 (against Arsenal, so strong chance of it being moved for TV coverage)

Problems only arise if they have to go into quaranrine upon their return.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

End of the storm documentary on sky documentaries tonight at 10

Mane is a doubt for today apparent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You do know anfield watch is run by ex rag employees

Not enough people realise this to be fair...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Not enough people realise this to be fair...

Yep shouldnt really be used as a source or quoted on here tbf. Not as if their stories are exclusive they just rehash them from other headlines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Stick Shaq in an offset attack, rather than Origi hopefully. Big Div can see the game out at 3-1

He very well could be but this rumor started because Robbo has taken him oht of his Fanto team for Son
    Last time he done it Mane was injured

You do know anfield watch is run by ex rag employees

Nope, I didn't.

I do now, thank you.

I've deleted my post.

If Mane is missing for 3 weeks, he misses today, Brighton, Man City, Leicester, Leipzig & maybe Everton. 6 games.

3 or 4 very big games in there.

If Mane is missing for 3 weeks, he misses today, Brighton, Man City, Leicester, Leipzig & maybe Everton. 6 games.

3 or 4 very big games in there.

Where did you see 3 weeks?

• Advertisement

Where did you see 3 weeks?

Text I got last night. Thought nothing of it, until I saw the Mane doubt rumours this morning.

A text is hardly a valid source surely? Like klopp or mane weren't texting you surely :)

A text is hardly a valid source surely? Like klopp or mane weren't texting you surely :)

Unfortunately most injury rumors this season end up to be true

Nearly every other rumour this season has been true.

All those team leaks in the first half of the season. The covid cases, the injuries etc. The only thing that has been kept in house has been the Jota signing!

Mane has travelled at least, but im sure we probably stayed in London since the Spurs game?

Nearly every other rumour this season has been true.

All those team leaks in the first half of the season. The covid cases, the injuries etc. The only thing that has been kept in house has been the Jota signing!

Yeah but the media don't seem to have the 3 week rumour :)

Yeah but the media don't seem to have the 3 week rumour :)

Well I certainly hope it's just a one game max knock and not 3 weeks!

Mane has travelled at least, but im sure we probably stayed in London since the Spurs game?

No we went back to liverpool after the game

"We go home and come back after few hours for West Ham".

Klopp after the Spurs game.

• Advertisement

To add to the rumour, Robbo has taken Mane out of his FPL team.

Last time he did that Mane was rested.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement