Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

MOTD2 at 10.30, might tune in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I make it about 12 seconds from Trent taking the ball out of our box to Salah hitting the net, it was an absolute stunning counter attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mo hates VAR. Official.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Mo hates VAR. Official.

Wasn't pulling his punches but he'll be getting stick for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Yeah, its been a few weeks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Philips rarely does much wrong, just isn't a fancy CB. Play him as much as we need to and we'll get a good fee for him in the summer from one of the bottom half sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

EtFIN6WXMAAv_-p?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Philips rarely does much wrong, just isn't a fancy CB. Play him as much as we need to and we'll get a good fee for him in the summer from one of the bottom half sides.

Reminds me of Carra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Indeed.

Will be eagerly tuning in with a Kraken Rum and coke or 3.
    Not working tomorrow.
    It's been the perfect birthday weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Any more takers on this now that we're another week on? :p
    If Matip and Henderson are back I still say we go with the following:
    Alisson
    TAA-Matip-Phillips-Robertson
    Fab
    Henderson-Thiago
    Salah-Firmino-Mane

Despite the injury crisis that is literally 10 of our best 11 all in their best positions, I'd much rather that than playing 3 or 4 of them out of position.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Indeed.

Not working tomorrow.

Happy 20th Birthday @fyfe79, hopefully things will be back to normal so you can celebrate the 21st next year!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

That’s a lovely win

Klopp having a quality laugh on that defender question. Millie might be right about Hendo. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

So Ben Davis, Preston is the CH that is being mentioned, anyone seen him play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

So did anyone back my 3-1 scoreline tip?:pac:

• Advertisement

Suarez 14 league goals, a goal every 85 minutes, wish we had him instead of Origi this season. Will fire Atlético Madrid to the league title.
    10pt lead now with game in hand. I feel had he played for us this season we'd be 10 pts clear.

So Ben Davis, Preston is the CH that is being mentioned, anyone seen him play

Na but the talk on this place is that he is decent, quick etc

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/january-2021-transfer-window-rumours-and-discussion.3432122/page-423

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Any more takers on this now that we're another week on? :p

Hold my hands up on this one; got it completely wrong.

Get them gifs out though.

Mo Salah is 19 goals away from being the highest scoring winger in PL history, surpassing Ryan Giggs’ tally of 109, but Salah has played 491 less games. HA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Indeed.

Not working tomorrow.

Release the Kraken...

Mo Salah is 19 goals away from being the highest scoring winger in PL history, surpassing Ryan Giggs’ tally of 109, but Salah has played 491 less games. HA

That is some stat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

corcaigh07 wrote: »

It's really hard to understand why Klopp kept picking Williams ahead of him, I know he wasn't eligible for the CL, but, really should be picked ahead of Williams whenever he's available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Any word on Manes injury or when he will be back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's big test for city next weekend, they've been on a great run,not conceding but they won't have faced anyone of the calibre of Salah, Firmino or mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Three outstanding goals, world class finishing from Mo for first two, but thought third was magnificent team goal - 34 passes I think, with every outfield player involved, before ball hits the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Mo Salah has now scored 90 Premier League goals.

That’s more than:
    - Dennis Bergkamp (87)
    - Eden Hazard (85)
    - Cristiano Ronaldo (84)
    - Eric Cantona (70)
    - Luis Suarez (69)

Not bad for a one season wonder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Salah has 115 goals and 45 assists in 182 games and there is still fans that would sell him in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Would the lad from Preston really be much of an upgrade on Phillips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

It's all about getting enough cover at this stage,could do with three Nat Phillips at this stage with the injuries we have

• Advertisement

Could be cheap cover for Phillips?

Not to beat Brighton on Wednesday would be shocking. But this is the season for shocks.

But we seriously need to win that game as a canter with a few goals. NO EXCUSES

And then Brighton score to take lead against Spurs................

their away record is good also.

Brighton play some really nice football

Probably not but they badly need another warm body in there. He’s cheap so it probably doesn’t eat into any budget for the Summer.

Playing so high at home only leads to a team with 11 behind the ball. Should be bit deeper, tempt teams out more.

I criticise the team as much as the next guy but the "fans' that go missing when they're winning is noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

2 great wins such a shame we have been so unlucky with injuries. We would be 10 points clear at this stage.

• Advertisement

I criticise the team as much as the next guy but the "fans' that go missing when they're winning is noticeable.

There's one in particular who only seems to show up when games are going badly.

Anyone have the low down on Davies? Any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mohamed Salah.

Our fúcking King.

The talisman. The beacon. The human embodiment of this team under Jurgen Klopp. Cheeky. Direct. Unafraid to try something. Brilliant.

I love him more than most. I probably defend him unnecessarily when he's genuinely having an off day. But Jesus Christ he is the best player in the Premier League. And if he's not, it's only because he's not called Kevin De Bruyne.

A genius.

You have the likes of fúcking Souness continuing this annoying as fúck narrative that he's selfish, and using it as a reason that he might not be as loved as other members of the team. This is despite him creating more chances than anyone else on our team. And that is a fact.

He is the icon of this team. I hope he never leaves.

We don't win that game without him.

And let me tell you, there are plenty of games we wouldn't have won without him. We wouldn't have a European Cup or a Premier League without him either.

A complete fúcking legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Well I didn't expect that kind of victory. That was an absolutely terrific performance when you take everything into account. Shaqiri deserves to be starting regularly, he has elements to his game that no other player has.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

The spark is back in our play thank God. Maybe it's the stretch in the evenings. :pac:

We're still taking punches (Mane the latest and perhaps out of CL first leg as well as 3 PL games?) but we're still finding solutions. :)

I'm still catching up on thread and have got to OJs superb update. Much appreciated.

I absolutely loved Mane's slide celebration the other night against Spurs. Had me welling up. :o Usually an exuberant celebration, my favourite player (although I love Robbo too) put the inner satisfaction spin on it. Please consider it worthy of your skills OJ. :)

Shout out to Nat Phillips. Good again today and thought his passing was great especially against Spurs.

Brighton on Wednesday. Go on the Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭poppers

2 great wins such a shame we have been so unlucky with injuries. We would be 10 points clear at this stage.

The six points dropped due to draws at Everton, Brighton and West Brom are what annoys me most.
    What ever about the other games we Should have won those 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

Tails are up, I'd be thinking a 3-1 win today.

On the ball!

SlickRic wrote: »
    Mohamed Salah.

Our fúcking King.

The talisman. The beacon. The human embodiment of this team under Jurgen Klopp. Cheeky. Direct. Unafraid to try something. Brilliant.

I love him more than most. I probably defend him unnecessarily when he's genuinely having an off day. But Jesus Christ he is the best player in the Premier League. And if he's not, it's only because he's not called Kevin De Bruyne.

A genius.

You have the likes of fúcking Souness continuing this annoying as fúck narrative that he's selfish, and using it as a reason that he might not be as loved as other members of the team. This is despite him creating more chances than anyone else on our team. And that is a fact.

He is the icon of this team. I hope he never leaves.

We don't win that game without him.

And let me tell you, there are plenty of games we wouldn't have won without him. We wouldn't have a European Cup or a Premier League without him either.

A complete fúcking legend.

He came across as a f*cking idiot saying that. Mind-boggling.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Anyone have the low down on Davies? Any use?

YouTube video here...

https://youtu.be/i21zNqm3ZjM

Is everyone in agreement that direct play i.e. less passes is the way forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Great win, great performance, teaches me not to be so pessimistic.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement