Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if Philips replaces Williams in the CL squad, and Davies replaces one of Gomez/VVD (whoever's in a worse state), or Adrian, maybe?

Williams is an under age player so doesn't count as a full squad member as far as I know. I think someone needs to drop out for Philips to be included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

EtFWX6UW4AMWJnZ?format=jpg&name=large

Gini will be a huge loss. Should be signing him up, and then get him a deal with Colgate .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Williams is an under age player so doesn't count as a full squad member as far as I know. I think someone needs to drop out for Philips to be included

I'm lost, tbh, on how the CL registrations work.

I'm lost, tbh, on how the CL registrations work.

It's complicated, I know you can make changes to the squad for the knockout stages, not sure when the cut off date is, but, we could even register a player that had already played in this year's CL if we signed someone from a CL club this month.
    Not 100% sure, I think the following is along the right lines; The squad size is 25, there's a limit to the amount of overseas players, think it's 17, with the rest having to be either English or English trained ( I think spent 3 years in England by a certain age). Robertson for example is Scottish trained so is deemed an overseas player.
    Then there's a B squad for players underage and English or English trained so they don't count towards the main 25 man squad, but, can still play, Curtis Jones and the 2 Williams lads would count as B squad members, possibly TAA too.
    That's the main points that I'm aware of, but, could well be wrong on some of the points above, I'm sure there's other criteria too. Not sure how Philips lost out originally think he's too old for the B squad and just wasn't included in the main 25 man squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I think Philips was supposed to go on loan which is why he wasn't included in the CL squad. VVD's injury meant he was kept on but it was too late at that point to include him in the CL squad.

• Advertisement

I think Philips was supposed to go on loan which is why he wasn't included in the CL squad. VVD's injury meant he was kept on but it was too late at that point to include him in the CL squad.

Well at least we'll know if either Gomez or VVD have any chance of returning this season if they're still in CL squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

We only submitted 24 A-list players for the CL squad anyway, so we can add another English player without dropping anyone out. Need to drop someone to fit in the second alright though - Adrian would be an easy one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    Easier said than done but if we can win our next two we right in this. I would put them down as must wins but saying that the last two were as well.

City have a maximum points total of 98pts whereas ours is 91. We desperately need to chip away at that with our last remaining shot. I can see them getting more than 91 currently.

Not overlooking Brighton either. That will be a test no doubt.

I've decided in my head over the last two weeks that we're winning this league by a point.

We will gain on city by about two points a month. This week we will win Wednesday and draw Sunday. City will get two draws. That's Februarys quota done. We'll match them the rest of the way.

Hendo, Robbo, Mo, Trent, Gini, milner, Bobby all got together and decided to win the league again. I can see it in their eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm well happy with the recent recovery, seem to be back with a bang.

All things considering we are doing absolutely fine.

If only I had a homework pass to use for todays homeschooling :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I'm gonna miss Gini..never injured,plays constantly,only says good things,a fantastic player for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭McFly85

I think it's a testament to Klopp and the coaching staff that they have managed to keep the team producing at such a high level after 3 years of intensive football, with near constant interruption to the team this season. Obviously we've had a disappointing January but the title race is far from over.

I can't imagine any other team, including City, being able to deal with the sheer number of injuries we've had.

Regarding Davies, I'm not expecting miracles, right now if we can have someone steady at the back to allow us to put Hendo back in midfield(and Fab when he's available) I'd be more than happy with that. Caleta Car would be amazing to get but I'm not getting my hopes up on that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm gonna miss Gini..never injured,plays constantly,only says good things,a fantastic player for us.

Can't imagine he'll be regarded as highly but he's arguably done and been more important for the club than Xabi, Hamann, or Mascherano.

I'm choosing to read what's not being said here, "no major outgoings" but nothing about "no major incomings" eh?

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1356167434282147841?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Do Liverpool still have to unregister a foreign squad member if a foreign defender is signed?

Adrian & VVD are the 2 to be looking at, if there is no major outgoings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Brighton is now a must win,
    If we mange to beat them we will be riding high going into the City game,

Fingers crossed Fabhino,Mane, Jota & Keita return asap ,

We could be really ready to give the second half of the season a real go,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Love a bit of deadline day shenanigans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Plus has the best smile in football.

Keita is getting closer, but could be Man City more than Brighton I think. Fabinho is not available for Brighton. Mane still unknown.

Klopp said:

“Minor issues nowadays are at least three games,”
    “It depends on the week – it could be four games as well. We have to see.
    “I think the game where Fab could be back is City.”
    “Naby is closer but not close enough”

34 passes in the build up to the 3rd goal last night. You can see it all sped up on the link below.

https://streamable.com/rrhtby

Interesting to see Thiago pointing players into position as the move builds, as well as getting on the ball himself multiple times. His head is constantly on a swivel, taking in the whole game.

• Advertisement

Fitz* wrote: »
    Keita is getting closer, but could be Man City more than Brighton I think. Fabinho is not available for Brighton. Mane still unknown.

Klopp said:

“Minor issues nowadays are at least three games,”
    “It depends on the week – it could be four games as well. We have to see.
    “I think the game where Fab could be back is City.”
    “Naby is closer but not close enough”

It vital to have Fabhino & Mane for City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was happy with this Davies fella been signed but another experienced, high level CB would be excellent and fully restore my faith that we can still win the league. It will take near perfect results but the last 2 games are the best we have looked this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Knex* wrote: »
    34 passes in the build up to the 3rd goal last night. You can see it all sped up on the link below.

Interesting to see Thiago pointing players into position as the move builds, as well as getting on the ball himself multiple times. His head is constantly on a swivel, taking in the whole game.

And people say he slows us down? The speed of us here...:pac:

Mustafi going to Shalke and Kabak moving to Liverpool a possibility?

Kabak had that nasty spitting incident earlier in the year and seems to be some hothead issues. Never seen him play, but he seems to be rated by those who have watched him before. I remember him being strongly linked in the summer too, so the club must have some interest in him.

I'm thinking we will really push City now............ 14 wins and 3 draws will see us on 85 pts.

Is Davies, Matip, Phillips and Williams enough CBs (both in quality and quantity terms) to keep Fabinho & Henderson in midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Kabak had that nasty spitting incident earlier in the year and seems to be some hothead issues. Never seen him play, but he seems to be rated by those who have watched him before. I remember him being strongly linked in the summer too, so the club must have some interest in him.

I work with a German guy (huge Stuggart fan). Kobak played on loan for them back in 2019...trying to get the low down off him, apparently he was more than decent for them but a bit of a lose cannon. Think he had a couple of run-ins during his time there and the club weren't interested in making any permanent moves for him in the end. Proceed with caution was his advice, haha

Im sure Klopp can work on the anger issues with him

Kabak having a medical apparently.

EDIT: Also, Kabak is still only 20, which means our limitations on HG players won't be affected.

https://twitter.com/Sky_MaxB/status/1356205451545817088

I have a special hatred for spitting at people. Diouf comes to mind, the absolute gowl.

Not a good start.

• Advertisement

I have a special hatred for spitting at people. Diouf comes to mind, the absolute gowl.

Not a good start.

Yes I am very wary of this one too.....all the Klopp hugs in the world isn't going to stop a sc*mbag from been a sc*mbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Not a good start.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Just because has done something crazy like that does not mean he will necessarily do it at another. No Siree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Suarez had bitten a man only once before he joined Liverpool.

We thought we were going to get our Lovren replacement but looks more like a Suarez replacement.

Articles from November
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/news-reports-liverpool-make-contact-sign-22m-rated-ozan-kabak
    "Kabak' excellent reading of the game and tenacity belies his age, although his disciplinary record makes for poor reading.

So far, Kabak has gotten six yellow cards for Schalke 04, in addition to one red card. The 20-year-old was found guilty of unsporting behavior after attempting to spit at Ludwig Augustinsson in September. The act got him banned for five matches, coupled with a fine of €15000.........."

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2100123209911/liverpool-target-ozan-kabak-has-already-conceded-three-penalties-this-season
    "Liverpool target Ozan Kabak has already conceded three penalties this season"

"Kabak has only featured in three Bundesliga appearances this season due to injury and suspension.

However, the more concerning element of Kabak’s lack of involvement is that in every one of those three matches he has clocked up this season, he has conceded a penalty."

He might be a bit of craic anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I guess they won't be going for Upamecano or Konate in the summer now if they sign Kabak.

Matip, VVD, Gomez, Davies, Kabak that's 5 CB's who will all be on contract till at least 2024.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This player might have to be a "project" player for the rest of the season!

Watch, learn and take lessons in not being a sh!thouse

edit - it seems to be done Loan with obligation to buy at 25m euro

I guess they won't be going for Upamecano or Konate in the summer now if they sign Kabak.

Matip, VVD, Gomez, Davies, Kabak that's 5 CB's who will all be on contract till at least 2024.

God I hope that is not the case. I feel if we were to sign either of the above during the summer with a fit VVD then next year could be something special.

God I hope that is not the case. I feel if we were to sign either of the above during the summer with a fit VVD then next year could be something special.

Upamecano is going to Bayern ,

Looks like Kabak has been agreed. Loan with the option to buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/1356196192988880897

Apparently Virgil sent him a signed jersey in 2018 so he keeps good company.

• Advertisement

Is it loan with option or do we have to buy him

Was expecting Benny Hill and scantly clad women to appear. Disappointed.

I think I would prefer to see this as an option to buy rather than an obligation to buy especially if they had a first choice lined up for the summer that we could lose out on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Kicker saying Kabak on loan with option to buy for £20m is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Kicker saying Kabak on loan with option to buy for £20m is done.

Wondeful. A great prospect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Augeo wrote: »
    Articles from November
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/news-reports-liverpool-make-contact-sign-22m-rated-ozan-kabak
    "Kabak' excellent reading of the game and tenacity belies his age, although his disciplinary record makes for poor reading.

So far, Kabak has gotten six yellow cards for Schalke 04, in addition to one red card. The 20-year-old was found guilty of unsporting behavior after attempting to spit at Ludwig Augustinsson in September. The act got him banned for five matches, coupled with a fine of €15000.........."

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2100123209911/liverpool-target-ozan-kabak-has-already-conceded-three-penalties-this-season
    "Liverpool target Ozan Kabak has already conceded three penalties this season"

"Kabak has only featured in three Bundesliga appearances this season due to injury and suspension.

However, the more concerning element of Kabak’s lack of involvement is that in every one of those three matches he has clocked up this season, he has conceded a penalty."

He might be a bit of craic anyway :D
    He'll balance out the fair play league.

A couple of weeks ago I interviewed
    @rhyswilliams01
    for Goal and asked him who his role models were.

His answer? Ben Davies. Spooky eh?

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1356186050603970561?s=20

What a strange answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

rob316 wrote: »
    We thought we were going to get our Lovren replacement but looks more like a Suarez replacement.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement