Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

rob316 wrote: »
    What a strange answer

Willaims was playing conference a year ago so maybe Davies has had an effect on him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

“There’s a lad at Preston now called Ben Davies,” Williams, a lifelong North End fan, told us. “He’s been at Preston all the way through, come through the academy.

“He’s been everywhere on loan – York, Fleetwood, Southport, Newport, Tranmere. Now he’s probably Preston’s best and most consistent player.

“It shows me that there’s a path through non-league, especially for defenders, where you have to go and learn the basics of the game. The bit on the ball, that can always come, you can always learn that later, but the basics, you have to have them.

“I look up to someone like Ben because he’s had the same path as me and now he’s doing really well in the Championship.”

It makes a bit more sense in the article.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Disappointing that we didn't try for Ben Mee :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Disappointing that we didn't try for Ben Mee :(

I'll never trust the quality of a CB whose entire team is built to defend, he's great in a system that puts 10 men within 15 yards of him but there's a great chance that wouldn't translate to being good at Liverpool. Lovren looked great at Southampton when he had Wanyama and Schneiderlin sitting in front of him and never getting 10 yards beyond the halfway line too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Kabak has been reliably linked for a while so we are atleast getting one of our long term targets, which means he will be integrated for the next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

rob316 wrote: »
    What a strange answer

Not exactly setting the bar high for himself, is he?

Also that tweet reads like a copy and paste meme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

EtI3TFHXcAUQ5Gc?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/1356235089487790081?s=20

also Caleta-Car rumours have not died down yet.
    Its unlikely id imagine but 3x CB`s in would be a crazy deadline day, dont normally like deadline days but this one is fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool want option Schalke obligation negotiations ongoing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dcully wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/1356235089487790081?s=20

also Caleta-Car rumours have not died down yet.
    Its unlikely id imagine but 3x CB`s in would be a crazy deadline day, dont normally like deadline days but this one is fun.

Frustrating we didn't do this a month ago. Could have been worth 4 to 6 points, as well as bringing any bedding in period forward.

Wonder is Klopp done with Matip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Joyce, Reddy, Bascombe et all reporting that's it an option to buy, not obligation.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1356237132482932737?s=19

Frustrating we didn't do this a month ago. Could have been worth 4 to 6 points, as well as bringing any bedding in period forward.

Wonder is Klopp done with Matip

If your correct about big Joel , what a huge shame.
    He really is the gentle giant, quiet man of the squad and imo our second best CB when fully fit.

It's strangely fun to actually be involved in deadline day it's been a long time since we were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I don't see how joining Liverpool will be of benefit to Davies from a long term career perspective. He will be a squad player, no more than that with four or five ahead of him in the queue for two places. He will be loaned out next season and eventually sold as will be Hoever, Van Den Berg, Williams and Phillips.
    At Celtic he would at least get regular first team action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's strangely fun to actually be involved in deadline day it's been a long time since we were.

it's fun.

but it's a bit mental that it needed a crisis to deepen like it has in that one area in order for this to happen.

we've needed a CB since the Gomez injury at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

chicorytip wrote: »
    I don't see how joining Liverpool will be of benefit to Davies from a long term career perspective. He will be a squad player, no more than that with four or five ahead of him in the queue for two places. He will be loaned out next season and eventually sold as will be Hoever, Van Den Berg, Williams and Phillips.

would you work for Jurgen Klopp or Neil Lennon?

easy decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

SlickRic wrote: »
    would you work for Jurgen Klopp or Neil Lennon?

easy decision.

Lennon won't be there much longer, so Rafa or Klopp?

:pac:

Dcully wrote: »
    If your correct about big Joel , what a huge shame.
    He really is the gentle giant, quiet man of the squad and imo our second best CB when fully fit.

Totally agree, he's a great player and makes such a difference to us, when fit.

Unfortunately, Klopp might feel he can't be relied on.

• Advertisement

Players have alot of self confidence. Also a good 6 months at Liverpool and he has an outside shot at the England squad.

Worst case he leaves in 6 months having played for one of the biggest clubs in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The obvious solution would be joining Liverpool for the rest of the season and having the experience of playing premier league football, then moving on to Celtic if he’s surplus to requirements. It makes total sense for him - it’s a shot to nothing. Was just gonna be at PNE for the next few months anyway, so this gives him the opportunity to potentially raise his profile and get an even bigger move than Celtic, or to impress enough to be a serious option at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Players have alot of self confidence. Also a good 6 months at Liverpool and he has an outside shot at the England squad.

Worst case he leaves in 6 months having played for one of the biggest clubs in the world

I'd think that both Liverpool & Davies know that's it's gonna be a short term partnership.

On his side, he gets the chance to play at Liverpool and win trophies. Something he can't really turn down. As you said, worst case scenario he leaves in the summer and moves to Celtic, Championship side, or a lower level PL side aged 25 having only 'missed' half a season of games. A few PL games will get him plenty of exposure.

On the club side, the fee is vey nominal and the same worst case scenario applies. I don't think they will be playing him against Man City or in the CL final anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

We will possibly use him to buy Ajer in the off season as a make weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

The Liverpool home kit is 63 euro now on Elverys, down from 90 euro. Must be the cheapest it's been so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

90 euro wtf...

90 euro wtf...

All going to the purchase of the CB :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mustafi to Schalke is stalling. Club & player are generally in agreement but there are other sticking points, above all regarding the termination of his Arsenal contract. If Mustafi does not join Schalke, it will scupper Liverpool's deal for Ozan Kabak. [ @RaeComm]

and
    Liverpool had an offer rejected by Braga for 21-year-old central defender David Carmo. The bid was below the €30m release clause - Braga will only sell the player today if they receive an offer that activates said clause. [Téléfoot Chaine]

so not beyond possible for a late deal for Carmo. Honestly it's like a cheap defender version of January 31st 2011

just to reiterate, James Milner is the best free transfer in Premier League history.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    The Liverpool home kit is 63 euro now on Elverys, down from 90 euro. Must be the cheapest it's been so far?

I got mine for €13. Badges, name & number. €10 without.

Here it is as it is right now after a fair few washes, perfect.

• Advertisement

and

so not beyond possible for a late deal for Carmo. Honestly it's like a cheap defender version of January 31st 2011

Hopefully more Luis than Big Andy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I got mine for €13. Badges, name & number. €10 without.

Here it is as it is right now after a fair few washes, perfect.

Oof. I bought it off Elverys for 63 blips :eek:

Where did you get that one from? I might get a backup.

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Oof. I bought it off Elverys for 63 blips :eek:

Where did you get that one from? I might get a backup.

PM sent.

Here are some others I have.

PM sent.

Here are some others I have.

the back of the last one, could only send 5 images at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

I do hope we sign one of these defenders (outside of Davies) and this is just an elaborate attempt to appease the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭passatman86

the back of the last one, could only send 5 images at a time.

Pm sent

Would it be worth swapping Hendo into the CB role at the moment and putting Fab back into midfield till we get CBs up to scratch and Fab, Gini and Thiago as the midfielders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

This is Michael Edwards territory, trying to get a loan deal for a CB in the club rock bottom in the bundesliga.

Salah’s last 20 games without Mane playing he has scored 20 goals with 9 assists.

Sell Mane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Salah’s last 20 games without Mane playing he has scored 20 goals with 9 assists.

Sell Mane.

I know your joking but I wonder what is the reason for this

Mane could be rested against weaker opposition , is it the way we play without Mane, ,does Salah play in a different position , be interesting to know more details on that ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Fitz* wrote: »
    Kabak having a medical apparently.

EDIT: Also, Kabak is still only 20, which means our limitations on HG players won't be affected.

https://twitter.com/Sky_MaxB/status/1356205451545817088

That's a bullsh1t video. I know that area and it's obvious he's just popping into Lidl.

Great news on Ben Davies.....he's humble.

3rzChz8m.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Fitz* wrote: »
    Kabak having a medical apparently.

EDIT: Also, Kabak is still only 20, which means our limitations on HG players won't be affected.

https://twitter.com/Sky_MaxB/status/1356205451545817088

I presume we'd have a 3rd party doctor in there as well?

Kinda funny to have the selling club do the medical - fella'd have a leg half hangin' off and they'd give it a thumbs up "top shape, great lad!" :P

It's mad that all this is happening on deadline day, rather than a month ago. I guess the powers-that-be finally caved when Fabinho joined Matip, Gomez, and VVD in the treatment room.

But someone like Davies, or the Kabak loan (if not required to buy), seem like the sorts of low cost moves that really should have been on the table regardless though... like, surely Davies could've been in the door a month ago.

The good guy, bad guy approach to the buying center backs.

Schalke have let in more goals than any other team in the Bundesliga this season.
    2.5 goals per game approx.
    I wonder how many Kabak was responsible for! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

https://twitter.com/goal/status/1356258756481323011

Maybe a summer deal rather than today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Any player would be mad to not consider the opportunity of joining Liverpool if the situation presented itself at the moment.

Davies is a quick enough defender, he's calm on the ball and reads the game well, he's also a home grown English player. He has proved himself capable at the Championship level of the league, if he can’t make the step up to Liverpool's level then he'll move on if he wants regular first team football.

He has the required attributes to be a success at the club and if things go well for him and he doesn't pick up a serious injury, he could have a long career at Liverpool even as a rotation option.

Given the injury record of Matip and Gomez, there will be an opportunity to play regularly. Van Den Berg, Williams and Phillips are not at the experience level to displace him in the match day squad so he will be competing with any other new arrival for a place in the lineup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Schalke have let in more goals than any other team in the Bundesliga this season.
    2.5 goals per game approx.
    I wonder how many Kabak was responsible for! ;)

Sometimes you have to judge the player and not the team they are in. Schalke have been on the slide for a couple of seasons with one poor coach after another. The rocket scientists at Melwood Kirkby must have run the numbers and given him the eye test otherwise they'd have been looking elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

retalivity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/goal/status/1356258756481323011

Maybe a summer deal rather than today...

He didn't inspire confidence against United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The one issues now is we have no crap cup games to bed these CB'S in , its straight in the deep in for them ,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement