Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Surely Jota is back soon if they are going to let Taki go?

It was mentioned a lot when Taki was signed that one of the main reasons they pursued the deal was because his release value was so undervalued. They valued him closer to £20m, as opposed to the £7m they paid for him.

A strong loan in the PL with a manager who plays a similar style might suit Taki. That said, if the club get offered a deal around £20m for him, they'll accept that and use it to fund summer signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Good loan move that would be for taki, get a proper look at him. He was always a win win signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Fitz* wrote: »
    Surely Jota is back soon if they are going to let Taki go?

It was mentioned a lot when Taki was signed that one of the main reasons they pursued the deal was because his release value was so undervalued. They valued him closer to £20m, as opposed to the £7m they paid for him.

A strong loan in the PL with a manager who plays a similar style might suit Taki. That said, if the club get offered a deal around £20m for him, they'll accept that and use it to fund summer signings.
    Jota,Shaq,Origi,Jones,Ox & maybe even Keita are ahead of Minamino in the front 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

rob316 wrote: »
    Good loan move that would be for taki, get a proper look at him. He was always a win win signing

I never see these moves as good for them in terms of their prospects at the club they're at. Boss basically saying you're surplus to requirements as he's not a junior needing experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Poor fella. Arrives as a spare part and leaves as one. I doubt we'll him in a Liverpool shirt again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Taki move. Is a good one for everyone involved
    Gets to see if he is actually any use now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Quite happy with that loan. We already saw with RB that there's a player in there - but he needs game-time to get up to speed in the premier league. The bar is a bit too high at Liverpool to really get that breaking in time. Southampton is a great option, with good strikers ahead of him to feed, and a nice attacking high energy system to slot into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It just seems like Taki was a penny stock punt by the club that didn’t really pay off, and it’ll be next to impossible to lose any real money from it.

The timing of COVID arriving in the UK last year really, really hurt his chances of his Liverpool career ever getting off the ground. It was unfortunate, but he should do alright at the Saints.

Costa on loan anyone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Quite happy with that loan. We already saw with RB that there's a player in there - but he needs game-time to get up to speed in the premier league. The bar is a bit too high at Liverpool to really get that breaking in time. Southampton is a great option, with good strikers ahead of him to feed, and a nice attacking high energy system to slot into.

Very well summed up Rebel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Nope there's certain characters you wouldn't want to see at the club. Ramos, Costa and Mourinho off the top of my head. I know you could say we'd support them if they came, I really couldn't.
    Sure I loved Suarez but I'm full of contradictions like that.

Have to agree with you, Saints play a game based on high intensity so its a great opportunity for him to get a run of games and see can he perform,
    As you said unfortunately this season we cant afford to have patience with anyone who due to the injury problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Costa is free agent. Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign for English club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Costa is free agent. Wouldn't be surprised to see him sign for English club.

Surely a betting option than Origi,
    We are short up from now,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Do you think it's good for his Liverpool career?

A senior player going out on loan is not a good sign. Can't think of any player who's done it and then come back and got into the team.

murpho999 wrote: »

A senior player going out on loan is not a good sign. Can't think of any player who's done it and then come back and got into the team.

Origi done it, well got the chance to

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

Am I right saying for an initial outlay of £1.5 we got 2 centre backs...were we not over a barrel??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Agreement in principle agreed for a 6 month loan for Minamino.

He is doing a medical now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Melissa Reddys latest tweet would lead me to believe we are going big in the summer for a CB.

• Advertisement

Is Dzeko on a free?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Melissa Reddys latest tweet would lead me to believe we are going big in the summer for a CB.

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1356361525754277889?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

What did she say?

Edit: see it now

murpho999 wrote: »

I think it's bad for his Liverpool career that he's been deemed not good enough to play. The loan itself is not a problem, it's merely a byproduct of the problem.

So the loan is confirmation of something we already knew, but it is at least an opportunity for him to make a splash and earn his spot in the squad.

What's somewhat interesting in this instance from his POV is that there's likely to be a bit of churn over the next window or two, with a few players moving on. So at least there likely is a spot there for him to earn. Just up to him from here. Over the next few months he needs to show he's LFC standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭McFly85

Hope it works out well for Minamino, there’s definitely a player there and I’m happy to see him go to a club that will suit his abilities.

I think that could be it for his Liverpool career, though. Not because he isn’t good enough, but the club will be looking to raise funds, and he’s probably one of the easiest ways to do it considering how cheap he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

The club are cutting their losses on Taki. Hoping a good loan spell will drive up his price. Already budgeting for next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Matip out for the season. No wonder they went and got 2 CB's.

Taki, Origi and Shaqs will go for good in the summer
    Elliott and Mbappe will replace them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Probably why he hasnt been getting any game time - make sure hes not injured as they try to shift him on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think it's bad for his Liverpool career that he's been deemed not good enough to play. The loan itself is not a problem, it's merely a byproduct of the problem.

So the loan is confirmation of something we already knew, but it is at least an opportunity for him to make a splash and earn his spot in the squad.

What's somewhat interesting in this instance from his POV is that there's likely to be a bit of churn over the next window or two, with a few players moving on. So at least there likely is a spot there for him to earn. Just up to him from here. Over the next few months he needs to show he's LFC standard.

Maybe he's struggling to settle in Liverpool. Have Southampton got any players who may have played with Minamino before?

• Advertisement

The club were never going to lose money on Minamino the bought him for 7m and could have sold him the next day for three times that.

Matip out for the season. No wonder they went and got 2 CB's.

Christ... someone's out there doing absolute wreck with a few voodoo dolls dressed in red kits!

All 3 CB back out for a season.

That's mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It's used to be bad news Pearce, it's now bad news Joyce...

*Sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

GBX wrote: »
    So far so good. Thank f*** we scored a few. Just hope they get defensively cover in in loan now just to keep us tidy.

Fair play to Micky Edwards and Jürgen Klopp. They really do things right. We've no excuses now at the back. Midfield can get Hendo back. Hopefully push on a bit more starting with Brighton and fingers crossed City at the weekend.

Agreement in principle agreed for a 6 month loan for Minamino.

He is doing a medical now.

Hope he realises he's nor wearing a kimono this time !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

All 3 CB back out for a season.

That's mental.

Ah shur, some people would have you believe that this is normal and you should be winning the league at a canter regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

So Matip out for the season. Typical:(

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Maybe he's struggling to settle in Liverpool. Have Southampton got any players who may have played with Minamino before?

I don't think so, but what is somewhat interesting is Ralph Hasenhuttl himself having managed RB Leipzig for a few years Taki was with RB Salzburg. There's a lot of crossover between the two clubs, so I'd imagine he was very much up to speed always on Taki's development and ability.

Losing your top 3 centre backs to season ending injuries is a bit...unfortunate. And rare. I can't ever remember it happening to anyone but maybe it has somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Ah jesus Matip done for the season is a killer. I was hoping these two signings would allow us to just concentrate on getting him onto the pitch for the CL second leg and any other CL games.

Hopefully one of these lads hit the ground running! Delighted we did some business, two signings should have pointed towards Matip being done but I was being too optimistic.

Losing your top 3 centre backs to season ending injuries is a bit...unfortunate. And rare. I can't ever remember it happening to anyone but maybe it has somewhere?

It's so fuckin weird!

Like, you're unlucky to be missing all the players in a position just for a week or two - but the whole fuckin' lot of 'em for the whole remaining season. Insane.

Lot of pressure on the new lads to hit the ground running now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Its happened before

• Advertisement

So Fab and Hendo for the City game or does Kabak get thrown into the deep end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

By the end of the season, the amount of times that the centre backs played 90 mins in the league

VVD: 4
    Gomez: 5
    Matip: 6

Matip & VVD played 11 minutes together in the entire season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

cj maxx wrote: »
    So Matip out for the season. Typical:(

Clever of the club to keep that info well under wraps until the CB transfers were done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Ah shur, some people would have you believe that this is normal and you should be winning the league at a canter regardless.

Klopp should also have seen it coming, sign of a bad manager... Are Klopp and liverpool done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Did we need to let Taki go in order to register Kabak?

Think I read before that we had used the full foreign player allotment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement