Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Joint top and only 4 games in the next 17 days 5 hours and 41 minutes then the transfer window opens to buy a CB or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Ikozma wrote: »
    Haunted to get that point, I'm honestly more worried about our injury problems then I am with tonight's performance, its getting deadly serious now, hopefully matip only got a knock and will be OK for wednesday

Our performance and injury list go hand in hand,We are depending on the same 7-8 players to perform and try plug the gaps after that,Very hard to go to the well each time and injuries building up the whole time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Muck muck muck. So many aimless long balls and the crossing was awful. Painful viewing that was

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

ERG89 wrote: »
    We've dipped into the youth team this season for bodies but please grab someone from there again instead of Origi. He's the most apathetic player the league despite where he plays. He doesn't care and it really stands out in the worst way where he is.

Performance was absolutely terrible overall, very few players played any bit well and even the ones who did had their shaky moments. Fulham are a poor side, today won't change that but it just showed how low the levels can drop when we aren't at it. Klopp was going absolutely mental in that first half. God knows what the plan is now Matip got crocked, just after we rested him.

But harsh singling Divock out in what wasn't even a 10 minute cameo. He clearly does care as well otherwise Klopp wouldn't have him near the place.

He's proven more than once that he's capable of pulling something out of the fire.

Was simply a bad day at the office for the team.

18/18 at home
    7/18 away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Very lucky to get the draw today.

Very lucky that Williams leg was not broken also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Fab challenge was not a penalty - bizarre analysis from the Sky panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Got to just try keep in touch and hope at some stage we get bodies back

The big problem is with so many long term injuries we are pushing the fot lads to the absolute limits which just means more injuries

Season has veen absolutely awful on our squad,

We really need to get Fab back into midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Wiped out with injuries, and not a normal season
    JOINT TOP OF THE LEAGUE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

rob316 wrote: »
    Muck muck muck. So many aimless long balls and the crossing was awful. Painful viewing that was

The game was as bad as Sky's commentary.

JOINT TOP OF THE LEAGUE

I wonder, and I've seen it a few times now, if we had a better goal difference to Spurs would we be saying we were joint top of the league ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We had plenty of games last season where we were as blunt as that. Our attack was nothing to write home about, relatively speaking.

But we were never that blunt, and that open at the back. The first half was a total shambles. 0 control.

It wasn't too bad 2nd half. You're not going to be just handed a goal against a team playing their first game back in front of fans fighting for their lives.
    But whereas last season we'd keep them on the ropes right til the end, we just seemed to run out of gas going into the last 5-10 minutes.

Given the injuries and workload, I don't think too much recrimination is in order for an away point.
    I'm more concerned about being able to field a team of senior players against Spurs. You don't want to be chancing your arm with the youngun's against Kane and Son in the form they're in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

we need a CB in January.

Phillips wasnt brought on today for Matip says it about Klopp's trust in him especially on the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I wonder, and I've seen it a few times now, if we had a better goal difference to Spurs would we be saying we were joint top of the league ?

I think you already know the answer to that one mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

"Joint top of the league" has been the terminology used for 2 teams tied on points for as long as football has existed, why are opposition fans getting so tilted every time someone says it?

Id be happy not to lose midweek
    We just got to stay as close as we can to the leaders till players start to get fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

MD1990 wrote: »

Phillips wasnt brought on today for Matip says it about Klopp's trust in him especially on the ball

I'm sure if we were winning Phillips would've come on, I'm not sure Klopp not subbing him today has anything to do with his views on him, he just knew there'd be very little defending to do and we'd be better off having an extra attacker in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

"Joint top of the league" has been the terminology used for 2 teams tied on points for as long as football has existed, why are opposition fans getting so tilted every time someone says it?

Who gives a ****e either way? We're 12 games in...

• Advertisement

Not an opposition fan.

So, if the goal difference was reversed you'd be saying we were joint leaders.

I think you already know the answer to that one mate.

I do, and it somehow irks, me. It's not like we're Everton and grasping at straws ;):)

Scott Parker's view on the game

See I reckon we should have got eight or a nine
    Maybe even nine at half time, then 4 beers time
    That Red top shirt top they've got on, is nice
    Bit too much fake tan though but, yea they score high
    But there's just one little thing that's..
    ..really really really annoying ''Salah'', ya see
    Yeah yeah like I said, really really fit
    But my gosh! dont he just know it

Arsenal will be 3 pts of City wit a win. Crazy league .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Fulham. December. Draw. Bad memories of 08/09 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

rob316 wrote: »

Performance was night and day compared to Wolves last weekend, we're having problems on the road getting control of games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

5 first teamers out for months each with long term injuries,we win anything this season it will be remarkable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Disappointing alright, but we haven't lost ground. I could see the other top teams dropping teams as I said on Friday, just that we couldn't look after our end of the bargain.
    No coincidence that the teams involved in Europe are showing signs of wear, the accumulation of games is catching up it seems. We're probably harder hit than anyone, but we need to keep in touch. The second half wasn't bad, against a well organised team defending a lead at home. Jones was good in particular.
    We're in danger though of killing lads, clear that Trent wasn't supposed to play a full game midweek, but circumstances dictated they he did, and it showed today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Van Dijk
    Gomez
    Matip
    Tsimikas
    Milner
    Keita
    Thiago
    Shaqiri
    Jota

Alisson, Trent & Ox just returning after injury.

That’s some injury list. Medical men must be under serious pressure in the week rehabilitating that lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

On a positive note, I thought Curtis Jones looked great again today.

At this stage I've given up on Keita ever coming good for us and Ox is made of cardboard so it's great to see a young player coming through so strongly in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

eigrod wrote: »
    Van Dijk
    Gomez
    Matip
    Tsimikas
    Milner
    Keita
    Thiago
    Shaqiri
    Jota

Alisson, Trent & Ox just returning after injury.

That’s some injury list. Medical men must be under serious pressure in the week rehabilitating that lot.

According to Keyes and Gray it happens to all teams and we need to stop whinging.

• Advertisement

According to Keyes and Gray it happens to all teams and we need to stop whinging.

Has Keys any predictions this season? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

The first 30 minutes were as bad a performance as I have seen in some time. Fulham looked more energetic, hungrier whereas at times we looked like we felt turning up would get us the points. The team looked to have a slightly different shape early on, with both Trent and Robbo playing so far forward and Gini and Curtis occupying their width in deeper roles. This greater width of the midfield three to my mind meant Fulham had much greater time and space around the middle, which gave us problems.

VAR continues to be a joke, if you forensically analyse Fab's challenge, maybe it was a foul, but far from clear and obvious, ridiculous to take so long prevaricating over it. Then the most cursory of looks at push on Mo, which seems to fall into that category of technically a foul but not bad enough to get a decision, as if there is some threshold at which a foul becomes a free. VAR has now become a caricature of what it was intended to be and is beyond a joke.

Strange subs, looking like they were decided before the game - let's sub Trent after 65 mins and Mo at 85, even though in reality they are both needed. That said, felt Mini and Neco as subs both did well, poor old Div just looks a level apart, not in a good way.

Overall, felt Ally, Fab and Curtis were really good, the latter in particular now looking a solid first teamer. Ultimately, may be a point gained rather than two lost, bit hard not to feel disappointed all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jota injury means more Origi off the bench which makes me sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Curtis Jones deserved a goal for that run he made from the halfway line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Stolen from a mate on FB : “The kids at Alder Hey are visiting the players this year to cheer them up”

Matip had a back spasm and Klopp thinks he should be fine for Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I got stick on here last week for suggesting we had woeful away form maybe some might start to agree,
    Villa, Brighton, Everton, Fulham a grand total of 3 points

Did you? I can’t remember any criticism or ‘stick’ about that...

We do have bad away form. We had bad away form at the end of last year too. We’ve played significantly worse away than home for a long while at this stage.

We also have home form better than anyone else.

100% - 18/18 points

Next best is Southampton - 12/18 points

Anyone me see Hendos post game interview
    He was ayong how al lthe injuroes are hard to take at the moment seeing team mates get injured but he singled out Gomez he said "Joe Gomez the way that happened was hard for me to take, really, in that manner it did"

Whats he getting at there? Or am i looking to much into that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Anyone me see Hendos post game interview
    He was ayong how al lthe injuroes are hard to take at the moment seeing team mates get injured but he singled out Gomez he said "Joe Gomez the way that happened was hard for me to take, really, in that manner it did"

Whats he getting at there? Or am i looking to much into that

Well it was either a very bad tackle by a teammate or he fell very awkwardly and the way his leg collapsed under him was gruesome to look at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There's some suggestions on twitter that it was a very nasty tackle during England training, by an ex club team mate.

There was a stat today was on, Jones cant remember exactly how many startes but something like 8 in the last 10 games
    No one would have guessed that going into the first game. with a squad of Gini, Hendo, Fab, Thiago, Ox, Keita, Milner & Shaq that Jones wluld have became so important so quickly

Fitz* wrote: »
    There's some suggestions on twitter that it was a very nasty tackle during England training, by an ex club team mate.

Raheem? Was that the camp where he suddenly got the 2 games off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Has Klopp said much about Gomez since?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah Sterling was sent home with an 'injury' for those 3 games after. Maybe it's just coincidence. But Mourinho did question how truthful that injury was in the build up to the first league game after that international break.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'd be happy with a point on Wednesday, despite our home form.
    We were fairly brutal today, didn't look like scoring for the majority of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I just googled him and seemingly he went over on his own according to gk Nick Pope.
    If it's the same injury.
    Or that's a smokescreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I'd be happy with a point on Wednesday, despite our home form.
    We were fairly brutal today, didn't look like scoring for the majority of the game.

Hopefully it’ll be one of those ‘reaction’ games.

Having the fans will help too.

Worried about us getting caught on the counter though, Spurs are masters at that this year.

Palace away next weekend concerns me more tbh.

4 points will do just fine from both games please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

If Liverpool are serious about retaining the pl this year we have to bring in at least 4/5 players in jan, otherwise forget it( because of our injury problems)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement