Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So rumour on twitter Alisson is injured

Something to do with seen with the medical team this morning, Could be nonsense

I see that, squeeky bum time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The bad news rumours always turn out to be true.

Although, Alisson always posts a pre-match graphic on the day he is playing a game. He has posted one today. So I am clinging to that, in hope, and that it's just someone attention seeking that has created the rumour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I'll give ye another mad one.

On two occasions when Alisson was rumoured go be injured for a particular game, there was a post on his Instagram story similar to what has been posted today regarding the West Ham game (attached)

On both occasions he ended up started unexpectedly.

Now, you say these are posted for every game. But they're not. On no occasion where Alisson has been injured have they been posted on his story.

Thus how little rumours like that start & usually end up being true.
    Fitz* wrote: »
    Although, Alisson always posts a pre-match graphic on the day he is playing a game. He has posted one today. So I am clinging to that, in hope, and that it's just someone attention seeking that has created the rumour.

I like you're thinking Fitz*.

Hoping for 3/3 tonight.

Here's his post for tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Can anyone remember when we signed that young Brazilian keeper what month was that ?

Seen a twitter video of him doing triangles with Jota , is it pre injury or post injury ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Can anyone remember when we signed that young Brazilian keeper what month was that ?

Doni?

Naby is also back on the trinaing ground,
    Not sure if it was team training on just by himself but he is back on the grass ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Underage keeper Vitezslav Jaros has joined St Pats on loan.

Reports today due to Covid and travel restrictions in different Countries the knock legs of the Champions League could be single leg straight knockout games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Seen a twitter video of him doing triangles with Jota , is it pre injury or post injury ?

That kid Pitaluga came in early October, and Jota was injured late October, so the vid could be either before or after... hopefully it’s more recent though!

Reports today due to Covid and travel restrictions in different Countries the knock legs of the Champions League could be single leg straight knockout games.

Makes sense, and probably the right thing to do, though not great for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Underage keeper Vitezslav Jaros has joined St Pats on loan.

Is he highly rated at Liverpool? Looks like he could be our first choice keeper.

kksaints wrote: »
    Is he highly rated at Liverpool? Looks like he could be our first choice keeper.

He is and signed a new long term contract in the summer.

The one position Liverpool are really overloaded in with talented underage players is goalkeepers.

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Doni?

no Pitaluga

I hate that idea , the two legs makes it way more interesting ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Surely Liverpool having finished top of their group will get the tie of it comes down to that?

Given the season that it is, Alisson might be awaiting results on a COVID test.

Surely Liverpool having finished top of their group will get the tie of it comes down to that?

Considering our next two games in the Champions League are against Red Bull I'd say no.

And the first of those games is away.

I don't want a one leg knockout away to Red Bull if I'm being honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Considering our next two games in the Champions League are against Red Bull I'd say no.

And the first of those games is away.

I don't want a one leg knockout away to Red Bull if I'm being honest.

Well, the advantage of winning the group is that you play the second leg at home. If it's the case that it becomes a single knock-out tie instead, then the advantage will change to simply playing the tie at home, shirley?

Edit: or did you type "no" instead of "so"?

Hopefully this is a bit of a hint that he is ok.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1356982023051689987

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm all in favour of a one legged tie, it'll take a big weight off the PL campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

~Rebel~ wrote: »

How is it not great for us or of any benefit to any other team.

I think it makes it harder for a lot of teams as one bad game you're gone with no recovery chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Anyone expect to see Davies in the starting line-up tonight? It would be good to give Henderson, Thiago and Wijnaldum a game together in midfield in preparation for Man City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Talisman wrote: »
    Anyone expect to see Davies in the starting line-up tonight? It would be good to give Henderson, Thiago and Wijnaldum a game together in midfield in preparation for Man City.

No chance

• Advertisement

I think Davies might actually start beside Hendo.

Lawro. say he isn’t good enough for Liverpool he is just a steady Eddie championship team player.

Lawro would know quiet a bit about PNE players.

Right now though Liverpool’s CB positions could do with a steady Eddie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The bad news rumours always turn out to be true.

Was it not also said he was injured before the game on Sunday

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Well, the advantage of winning the group is that you play the second leg at home. If it's the case that it becomes a single knock-out tie instead, then the advantage will change to simply playing the tie at home, shirley?

Edit: or did you type "no" instead of "so"?

No fans no tickets if it is one off legs and to give group winners the advantage for winning, UEFA could just play the 2nd leg games so it takes February out for travel and have the CL start in March

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Was it not also said he was injured before the game on Sunday

Nope, that was Mane & he was.

In this case Robbo took Mane out of his FPL team & that's how that was leaked.

I think Davies might actually start beside Hendo.

Lawro. say he isn’t good enough for Liverpool he is just a steady Eddie championship team player.

Lawro would know quiet a bit about PNE players.

Right now though Liverpool’s CB positions could do with a steady Eddie

Its a tough one isn't it ,
    He probably suits playing against Brightons quick nippy attackers but then we could do with Phillips height for set pieces as Brighton have few massive defenders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

An interesting assessment of Davies...

Deadline Day Davies: What will Liverpool’s Championship signing add to their defence?
    Davies is a fairly active defender, in that he looks to get involved in duels, but only when the conditions suit him best so that he is able to come away with the ball more often than not. He is a good example of a defender who is aware of his physical limitations and therefore has worked on his game to mask those deficiences through his intelligence and anticipation, and these should mean that he is able to adapt to the expectations at Liverpool fairly well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Lads....please tell me this isn't true....fella at work saying Allison and Kelleher both out after clash of heads in training (!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Lads....please tell me this isn't true....fella at work saying Allison and Kelleher both out after clash of heads in training (!!)

Lucky we didn't sell Adrian.

....runs

Who did Robbo leave out or put in his FF team this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I've read Alisson is out alright.

Never heard of a goalkeeper getting injured so much.

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Nope, that was Mane & he was.

In this case Robbo took Mane out of his FPL team & that's how that was leaked.

Well has Allison posted to his IG today :D

Umaro wrote: »
    I've read Alisson is out alright.

Never heard of a goalkeeper getting injured so much.

a confirmed source ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

a confirmed source ?

theres none so far, looks like eejits on twitter posting rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Who did Robbo leave out or put in his FF team this week.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/3011137/event/22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Maybe something like this tonight.
    He might go with Origi instead of Shaqiri.

Alisson

Trent Phillips Hendo Tsimikas

Thiago Wijnaldum Jones

Shaqiri

Salah Firmino

• Advertisement

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Maybe something like this tonight.
    He might go with Origi instead of Shaqiri.

Alisson

Trent Phillips Hendo Tsimikas

Thiago Wijnaldum Jones

Shaqiri

Salah Firmino

I think he might rest Thiago or MO
    I also think Ox starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

If Gini leaves this summer, i'd like Yves Bissouma as replacement.

Maybe it's time to replace Ox as well.
    If in agreement, any suggestions as who you would like to replace Ox?

Man City playing Laporte at LB tonight. I'd say that's with an eye to playing him there again Sunday to go 1v1 against Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Cartman78 wrote: »

No idea if it's true or not but how the **** could that be possible? Both playing in the same goal in training? Bit mad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Champions League Squad..

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Adrian, Caomhin Kelleher.

Defenders: Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez, Ozan Kabak, Kostas Tsimikas, Andy Robertson, Ben Davies, Nat Phillips, Trent Alexander-Arnold.

Midfielders: Fabinho, Gini Wijnaldum, Thiago Alcantara, James Milner, Naby Keita, Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Xherdan Shaqiri.

Attackers: Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, Diogo Jota, Divock Origi.

Named 'List B players'

Vitezslav Jaros (out on loan), Rhys Williams, Neco Williams, Billy Koumetio, Yasser Larouci, Curtis Jones, Elijah Dixon-Bonner, Jake Cain, Leighton Clarkson, Paul Glatzel, Luis Longstaff, Layton Stewart, Liam Millar (out on loan).

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-champions-league-squad-breaking-19761468

Matip totally out

VVD & Gomez still in.

murpho999 wrote: »
    How is it not great for us or of any benefit to any other team.

I think it makes it harder for a lot of teams as one bad game you're gone with no recovery chance.

Because our record in 2-legged European ties is absolutely unbelievable. 4 European campaigns, only losing one tie over 2 legs. And even that one tie was under exceptional circumstances without our keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Matip totally out

VVD & Gomez still in.

Felt like an idiot posting that one of the reasons why Minamino went out on loan was to make space in the CL squad, because both VVD and Matip are out so no need to find space for a overseas player. But with both Gomez and VVD still in the squad it now doesn't seem that stupid of a take. I count 8 homegrown players and 17 overseas in the squad.

I am happy to be proved an idiot still though if I am mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

• Advertisement

If you look at Alisson fitness record, it's not actually as being made out - injury prone etc. I think this season is an outlier.

2018/2019: Played every single minute of PL & CL.
    2019/2020: Calf injury - missed 8 weeks & then the hip injury that was unknown cos of lockdown
    2020/2021: Shoulder injury - missed 2 weeks & a hip injury for about 9 days

But because of the congested season this year, a week can mean 3 games out. A niggle here or there can usually be absorbed with a midweek of no games, but not this season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement