Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Ikozma wrote: »
    If Liverpool are serious about retaining the pl this year we have to bring in at least 4/5 players in jan, otherwise forget it( because of our injury problems)

Doubt the money is there to bring in that many and I couldn't see klopp bringing in 4/5 players in January

If Liverpool are serious about retaining the pl this year we have to bring in at least 4/5 players in jan, otherwise forget it( because of our injury problems)

4/5?

No chance.

My bet would be 1 or 2, may even be loans. Klopp doesn't panic buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Jones has been brillant,
    Such a shame he didnt finish off that run. Would have been a goal of the season contender.

Ahead of Keita & even Milner in midfield imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

we have to bring in at least 4/5 players in jan

That won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Doubt the money is there to bring in that many and I couldn't see klopp bringing in 4/5 players in January

I understand that, and I can't see it either tbh but I fear if we don't then the season
    Will be a write off

• Advertisement

I understand that, and I can't see it either tbh but I fear if we don't then the season
    Will be a write off

If we can hang in there for the next month,I know a big if, hopefully we have Thiago back sometime in January.Sign a central half and it would also free up Fab to play more in midfield where he is sorely missed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

By the time January rolls around we will have everybody back bar VVD and Gomez. There’s no way we can be as unlucky in the second half of the season. We will get in a CB I would say and that’ll be it. Today just reaffirms Matip can’t be relied upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'd take Henderson's comment to just mean it's hard to take Gomez' injury because it was while training for a pointless international friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

By the time January rolls around we will have everybody back bar VVD and Gomez. There’s no way we can be as unlucky in the second half of the season. We will get in a CB I would say and that’ll be it. Today just reaffirms Matip can’t be relied upon.

we pick up at least one injury every week.

The chances are Henderson,Trent,Matip,Fabinho,Mane or Salah possibly one will pick up an injury.

I think recalling Grujic or Elliott will be considered before we sign anyway.
    Unlikely anyone good will be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

cj maxx wrote: »
    I just googled him and seemingly he went over on his own according to gk Nick Pope.
    If it's the same injury.
    Or that's a smokescreen

I recall Southgate saying the same at the time.
    That they were worried about Joe’s injury as he was completely on his own when he went down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

"the way that happened was hard for me to take" suggests he's having trouble accepting how it happened rather then having difficulty with when and what game was coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

"Joint top of the league" has been the terminology used for 2 teams tied on points for as long as football has existed, why are opposition fans getting so tilted every time someone says it?

A good way of annoying the same people but also being correct is to say we're level on points at the top of the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

There was a stat today was on, Jones cant remember exactly how many startes but something like 8 in the last 10 games
    No one would have guessed that going into the first game. with a squad of Gini, Hendo, Fab, Thiago, Ox, Keita, Milner & Shaq that Jones wluld have became so important so quickly

I was hoping Thiago Jones would get more starts this season and develop like Gerrard did in times gone past. Then we signed the actual Thiago and I had to park that idea. Now this crazy season has opened the door for Curtis and he nearly scored a goal today that looked similar to Gerrard's first league goal for Liverpool all those years ago. Sometimes adversity throws up opportunities for those ready to pounce. Himself and Henderson our best players today.

Mane is looking out of sorts. Messed up that header and only really took on people on a couple of occasions today. We could do with some magic from the front 3 on days like this, just not happening at the moment. The only consolation is that nobody else is powering ahead of us with consistent wins. We are still in the hunt and haven't started playing consistently well yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

"Joint top of the league" has been the terminology used for 2 teams tied on points for as long as football has existed, why are opposition fans getting so tilted every time someone says it?

I think triggered is the word :D

Poor today though!

Should have been a pen against Fab but evened out for their goal because if a red had 2 hands on someones back it would never have stood a VAR review.

Jones very good today :) jaysus if that late run had a finish.

Poor Divok when he came on :(

Hard to figure what this season will take, mid eightys could?

Leicester lost 4 of 12 but only 1 off top.

Strange season but we are in the mix

Injuries may do us this season but we'd still be in a good place going into next.

Spare a though for Arsenal, Hodgson territory at this stage. Not a dig, they'd be the rivals I'd have most respect for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Speak Now wrote: »
    I think triggered is the word :D

Poor today though!

Should have been a pen against Fab but evened out for their goal because if a red had 2 hands on someones back it would never have stood a VAR review.

Jones very good today :) jaysus if that late run had a finish.

Poor Divok when he came on :(

Hard to figure what this season will take, mid eightys could?

Leicester lost 4 of 12 but only 1 off top.

Strange season but we are in the mix

Injuries may do us this season but we'd still be in a good place going into next.

Spare a though for Arsenal, Hodgson territory at this stage. Not a dig, they'd be the rivals I'd have most respect for.

Jones is getting better every game.
    Agree Origi is at nothing
    Firmino was woeful absolutely woeful today. If Jota as for he should be dropp d end of story.
    A real deal CB is essential in Jan
    Optimistic ox might contribute in the near future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Anyone think Jones could do well in the Firmino role? Has that ability to play in others around him, has an eye for goal or a dangerous 1-2, but can drop deeper to collect the ball too. That run shows he has counter-attacking threat as well.

As good as Jones has been, we just don’t seem to control midfield as well as usual with him on the pitch. Not that I could point to a specific flaw in his game, so could just be a general drop in standards around him due to fatigue, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

There are too many players in our squad who are liable to pick up an injury again, so I wouldn't be as confident tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

An early goal on Wednesday would be nice.

You just know Spurs would be delighted with a 0-0 Jose 'masterclass'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

The same with counting points from games in hand, e.g. United will only be 2 points behind if they win their game in hand.

Edit, Also, interesting to see the teams involved in the Europe not playing well this weekend. I think this is as a result of the amount of games these teams have played. The exception was Leicester who played at home. Arsenal is terrible and I think they are paying for their treatment of Wenger at the end.

So I wonder if that is the impact of playing in Europe in midweek and playing away from home on the weekend. I think it will start to stabilize from next weekend where all teams will be playing twice a week from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's funny when you look at the Manchester clubs and ourselves who are having poor seasons and then Arsenal.
    I have a horrible feeling Jose is going to win it by being less sh** than everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's funny when you look at the Manchester clubs and ourselves who are having poor seasons and then Arsenal.
    I have a horrible feeling Jose is going to win it by being less sh** than everyone else.

If Tottenham won yesterday I would have resigned myself that they were going to win the title. But their style of play is horrible and they have now twice thrown away points when leading. They have also been relatively unscathed by injuries and if they lose either one of Son or Kane for a period it will hurt them. Everything going forward goes through those 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah I won't concede the title to Spurs like some of our rivals did in December last year it's just a foreboding dread I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭conor_mc

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah I won't concede the title to Spurs like some of our rivals did in December last year it's just a foreboding dread I have.

More worried about Leicester tbh, at least they’ve done it in the past century!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

conor_mc wrote: »
    More worried about Leicester tbh, at least they’ve done it in the past century!

Leicester have to avoid the same collapse they had last season. I'm still more concerned about Chelsea and City because of their squad depth in all parts of the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fab has been outstanding as a CB but we really do need at least one CB in January,
    We are missing Fab in the middle of the park lately ,

Just keep in touch within 4 points by the end of January and then hopefully we have a good few bodies back ,
    Thiago will be huge against teams like Fulham and Brighton away he will help us keep the ball so much better and help move it quicker,

Jota going to be a big miss now ,

Just noticed we have United & Spurs in a 4 day period in January ,

So who we hoping to draw today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Sad news this morning, Gerard Houlier has passed

https://twitter.com/RMCsport/status/1338423995071393799

RIP Ged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Apparently Gérard Houllier has passed away.

Awful news.

I was at the match when he came back after his heart attack years back, was a good man, gave some great memories.

RIP.

• Advertisement

Fecking hell,that is awful news to hear of a monday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Sad news this morning, Gerard Houlier has passed

https://twitter.com/RMCsport/status/1338423995071393799

RIP Ged

Sad day. He was a pure gent by all accounts. I will fondly remember that year we won the treble

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Very sad. RIP Gerard.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

Rest in peace. Great memories of the treble year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭McFly85

Shocked to get this news this morning. RIP Gerard, you gave us all some wonderful moments as Liverpool fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

RIP , gave us great service. YNWA

• Advertisement

Very sad news RIP you'll never YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Sad news about Gerard Houllier. I've some fantastic memories of his teams. They coincided with me being of drinking age and many a happy and drunk cup match was watched in Brannigans in Cork.
    Y.N.W.A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Very sad to hear about Gerard, he always seemed like one of the most decent managers in football who loved Liverpool and who did a lot for the club. That treble year will never be forgotten. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

1_The-2001-UEFA-Cup-Final-Liverpool-vs-Alaves-at-the-Westfalenstadion-Dortmund-Photo-by-Colin-Lane.jpg

RIP, he did more for the club than he gets credit for. Proper football man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The man who got things going again for us all those years ago.

A gentleman by all accounts too.

That's a shocker on a Monday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Feels wrong to think of posting about the CL draw today. Any chance of a thread lock in respect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

YNWA RIP.

Sad sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Ah no, I'm very saddened by this, gerard gave me some of my greatest days as a Liverpool fan, God bless him, he'll never walk alone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Will always remember Gerry fondly, he was in charge when I was at the age that I started to actually care about results every week.

Thanks for the memories Gerry.

Gerard really did bring the club into the modern era of football,

He had a huge part to play in turning guys like Owen, Gerrard , Carragher & big Sami into really top footballers ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,281 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

very sad news, and 73 is no age nowadays really, he did a lot for the club, and a lot of foundation work outside the first team, also seemed like a genuine man.

RIP Gerard thanks for the memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

4:40 onwards .... RIP Gerard Houllier :(
    Shook the nineties off us and made us into a serious outfit again.
    YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's really sad news. I've so many great memories thanks to the work he put in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

That's awful, and very unexpected. Loved that year where we won the 5 trophies. I had to watch the UEFA Cup match in a hotel room in Wickham, none of the pubs would show it because we put them out of the FA Cup that year!

RIP & YNWA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Absolutely devastated by this news. A great manager and a really top class human being. Thanks for everything, Ged.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement