Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

So far....

Kabak's international clearance is confirmed. Klopp says he doesn't know if he will play though at the weekend. See how it goes.

Alli, Mane and Fab taking part in team training.

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    ......... Mane .........

Looks like the 3 week rumour might not be correct so, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Alli, Mane and Fab taking part in team training.

Well that's both a relief and frustrating but I get precautions are important with the amount of games being played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I think we should forget about M'bappe and just throw everything we have at Kane this summer ,

He has shown he can drop into the 10 roll and he will outscore Bobby if he had with one leg ,

I know he would cost a fortune but he would be lethal for us

Surely he leave Spurs this summer

There is not a hope in hell we move for Mbappe this summer. His wages will be absolutely outrageous and it would seriously effect the harmony of the squad wage structure...all the Mbappe stuff at the minute is mainly tabloid nonsense!! I don't forcast any big signings like that this summer as we will be nearly 18 months without a sinner in Anfield by the time the summer transfer window comes around and FSG have stated a few times that there won't be any big money spent in this climate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I really want to see Fab and Hendo back in midfield I think having them there would stop the influence of Gundogan.

Gundogan's form over the last couple of months has been the main reason City have kicked back into form.

But if one of them has to play as CB then I think I'd prefer it to be Hendo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I really want to see Fab and Hendo back in midfield I think having them there would stop the influence of Gundogan.

Gundogan's form over the last couple of months has been the main reason City have kicked back into form.

Gundogan has been immense over the past month alright... losing KDB has almost been a good thing for him even. He's stepped up into that space, dictating play really effectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Alisson, Fabinho & Mane back in training today which is a timely boost to gain back some ground in the top 4 race.

Missing them the last night probably cost us the title as it's too far away now but is will be a boost for this game anyways.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Now that the league is 'over', even PP have paid out on City winning it, the focus will be top 4 and Champions League.
    We eventually added at CB and over the next couple of weeks our first team should start to get stronger with a few players returning, the hope is no more injuries and a strong finish in the league and good progression in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Fitz* wrote: »
    Alisson, Fabinho & Mane back in training today which is a timely boost to gain back some ground in the top 4 race.

Missing them the last night probably cost us the title as it's too far away now but is will be a boost for this game anyways.

Wait until Sunday morning and either you or yourdeadright will march in here to tell us the latest rumour on twitter about another player out!!!!!

• Advertisement

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Right so...... moving on...

Couple of posts deleted, not really appropriate

Hopefully this is used to stop the Boys from Brazil going.

Premier League: Clubs can prevent some players leaving for international duty
    Premier League clubs can prevent their Portuguese or South American players travelling to represent their national teams in the March international break.

Clubs are normally required to release players for international duty.

However, governing body Fifa has extended an exemption rule introduced in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.

It allows clubs to prevent players leaving in certain situations, such as if there is a mandatory quarantine of five days or more on their return.

Anyone returning from one of the UK government's 'red list' countries - including Portugal, all of South America and parts of southern Africa - is required to quarantine for 10 days.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55955786

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I wonder will Klopp play a wildcard of Phillips and Davies at CB, allowing both Hendo and Fab back into midfield?

Davies is a left-sided player with plenty of recovery pace and an eye for a pass. He's used to English football and even played against City this season in one of the cups and did ok. Phillips on the right-side who's played well the last few games and is very good aerially. They're 25 and 23 so not that young either.

I think Kabak will need a few training sessions at least before he starts to fit in, considering his age, new league, new language etc.

It's sink or swim time with not much to lose anymore... we need to get the 2 lads into midfield, simple as that imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I can't see any of the new lads starting for a while, especially Kabak.

I feel we'll see Henderson and Phillips start against City and it will be a massive test for the latter but I do think we'll play a lot better compared to the Brighton game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I wonder will Klopp play a wildcard of Phillips and Davies at CB, allowing both Hendo and Fab back into midfield?

Davies is a left-sided player with plenty of recovery pace and an eye for a pass. He's used to English football and even played against City this season in one of the cups and did ok. Phillips on the right-side who's played well the last few games and is very good aerially. They're 25 and 23 so not that young either.

I think Kabak will need a few training sessions at least before he starts to fit in, considering his age, new league, new language etc.

It's sink or swim time with not much to lose anymore... we need to get the 2 lads into midfield, simple as that imo.

Not the game to start both Philips and Davies together, City are the form team in Europe right now, wouldn't be fair on either of them as the damage City could do to their confidence would be difficult to recover from. Remember Philips has only played 6/7 games at this level, Davies while experienced hasn't played at this level before, against almost any other team you might get away with it, but, unlikely against City in their current form

Ideally we would want to get Henderson and Fabinho back into midfield, but, I think for this game at least one probably along with Philips will start at CB. If either Davies or Kabak had a few games under their belt with us then we could try them, but, it would be reckless to throw either of them on from the start on Sunday.

• Advertisement

I can't see Fabinho back in midfield for at least a month.

He's been playing there this season now, more settled. Henderson was just another emergency CB, he'll go back into midfield before Fabinho does.

It's a risk for sure, and Klopp has generally been conservative in his team selections, but I'm just wondering if he throws in a curveball like Phillips/Davies for Sunday's game as maybe he's seen enough from the current midfield and rolls the dice. It is, unlikely though, I admit that.

Allison
    TAA Phillips Davies Robbo
    Fabinho
    Henderson Thiago
    Salah Bobby Mane

Bobby will play as he generally has a good record vs City, but would a packed midfield with Gini instead of him be an option?

Allison
    TAA Phillips Davies Robbo
    Fabinho
    Henderson Gini
    Thiago
    Salah Mane

Just spit-balling, as they say. I expect it to be standard fare with Fab/Hendo partnering Phillips, and Bobby up front.

The step up from PNE to playing for us is huge.... Davies won't feature against city IMO. As good as he might be in the championship he won't be partnered with Philips .... He could well play instead of Philips going forward but tomorrow he's likely to start on the bench.

I think the 2 new signings will finish the season as the CB pairing. Davies on the left side, Kabak on the right.

This City game has really come at the wrong time. We don't even know if Fabinho and Mane will be fit, plus the uncertainty of 2 brand new CB's at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Fab and Kabak as CB tomorrow, makes sense.

• Advertisement

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I think the 2 new signings will finish the season as the CB pairing. Davies on the left side, Kabak on the right..........

I'd hope us to be in the CL final, I doubt we'd see a Davies and Kabak partnership there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Hopefully he starts start Kabak and/or Davies tomorrow to enable Fabinho to get back into the midfield. I reckon we will beat City tomorrow 3-1. There is a long long way to go yet but starting tomorrow with a win is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Augeo wrote: »
    I'd hope us to be in the CL final, I doubt we'd see a Davies and Kabak partnership there :)

Why not? Is it not what they were signed for?

Kabak especially would need to be starting, if he wasn't it wouldn't bode well for his prospects of a permanent move.

I think we will sign Kabak for 19million plus 1 more, probably Konate or Caleta.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Losing VVD was a big issue but I still think we could have won the league without him. The problem is Gomez and Matip also being out. It was impossible to keep the show on the road. We picked up 7 pts form the 3 games that just VVD missed which included City away when we matched them. We have 9 pts from the 7 games that all 3 CBs missed and thats the problem. Even if just one of Gomez or Matip could have stayed fit I think we could have been in the mix. You then have to consider all the other injuries and that the midfield couldnt be freshened up because midfielders were needed at the back.

.......We picked up 7 pts form the 3 games that just VVD missed ........

What was our points haul when VVD played this season?
    I think with windows so small it's not possible to draw meaningful analysis tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Love reading the general thread. It's great Klopp gets under so many neutrals skin bit like Fergie back in the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd say I type up a response to something I see in the general thread 5 times a day and think "nah, it's not worth it"

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'd say I type up a response to something I see in the general thread 5 times a day and think "nah, it's not worth it"

Stay away from it your only wasting your time.

Augeo wrote: »
    What was our points haul when VVD played this season?
    I think with windows so small it's not possible to draw meaningful analysis tbh.

4 games 9 points. VVD played Villa away. We coped fine at City away and thats as tough as it gets both from an attacking and defensive perspective. We haven't been conceding too many goals with no fit CBs but the attack has 100% been effected due to the absence of the 3 cbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's quite good therapy I find. You get in your reposte without having to bother your arse with the mardy replies. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Taki starts for Southampton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

You wouldn't get any t.hanks for it thats for sure

Losing VVD was a big issue but I still think we could have won the league without him. The problem is Gomez and Matip also being out. It was impossible to keep the show on the road. We picked up 7 pts form the 3 games that just VVD missed which included City away when we matched them. We have 9 pts from the 7 games that all 3 CBs missed and thats the problem. Even if just one of Gomez or Matip could have stayed fit I think we could have been in the mix. You then have to consider all the other injuries and that the midfield couldnt be freshened up because midfielders were needed at the back.

I agree, without VVD we could still have won the league, but, it would have required both Matip and Gomez to stay fit for most of the season, ideally we needed at least one of Gomez and Matip to be available for every game and depending on the opposition, Philips or Fabinho would slot in for whoever was missing.
    After Gomez season ending injury we were always going to be up against it considering Matip's injury record, as it meant Fabinho has spent virtually all season at CB and Henderson has had to fill in recently too, limiting our midfield options and completely unbalancing the team. There are some others smaller factors too like marginal VAR calls going against us and injuries to other areas of the team, but, losing all 3 CBs has completely derailed our season.

Elliott starts for Blackburn, Ojo and Wilson for Cardiff.

Trying to find a solid stream for Blackburn Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Takiiiiiii

Cracker from Minamino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Takiiiiiii

Was about to comment that he was largely anonymous but that was a great goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Brilliant start from Taki

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fine goal.

• Advertisement

Great touch to take it around the defender.

https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1358075723995631620?s=09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Just watching the game Taki’s movement is very good makes some really dangerous runs but nobody picking him out prior to the goal.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Was about to comment that he was largely anonymous but that was a great goal.

In fairness he has been making great runs and finding loads of space, that one on one that ings missed he could have squared for a tap in for Taki but he smashed it straight at the keeper.

They will get used to him and start finding him with passes but is the new lad and they are not sure what he can do yet. He is a decent player and fingers crossed he builds on that now and we can get him back a much more useful and well used player.

Delighted for Taki, there isn't a buy option in that deal is there?

In fairness he has been making great runs and finding loads of space, that one on one that ings missed he could have squared for a tap in for Taki but he smashed it straight at the keeper.

They will get used to him and start finding him with passes but is the new lad and they are not sure what he can do yet. He is a decent player and fingers crossed he builds on that now and we can get him back a much more useful and well used player.

Considering the injuries and bad form of some of our attacking players recently, I think he was under used and wasn't given an awful lot of opportunities. Hopefully this loan spell will be the making of him and he returns full of confidence and gets more opportunities to make a contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't think so.

• Advertisement

NO it's a loan with no option but to hand him back.

Southampton wanted one however Liverpool refused that option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just looking at Leipzigs last few results, they beat Schalke 3-0 away today but in the last few weeks have lost 3-1 to Dortmund at home and 3-2 away to Mainz. Theyre still 2nd in the table but 7 points behind Bayern. They wont be push overs but the United game showed they can be suspect at the back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement