Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

paulie21 wrote: »
    Love reading the general thread. It's great Klopp gets under so many neutrals skin bit like Fergie back in the day

What the hell.are you about most neutrals love klopp. Stop inventing ****e in your head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Bowlardo wrote: »
    What the hell.are you about most neutrals love klopp. Stop inventing ****e in your head

Course they do. Have a read of that thread and come back to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Bowlardo wrote: »

They don't really though. He used to get a lot of love in general but most neutral or opposition fans love to see the worst of him these days and unfortunately they're getting loads of ammo with the current situation at Liverpool...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They don't really though. He used to get a lot of love in general but most neutral or opposition fans love to see the worst of him these days and unfortunately they're getting loads of ammo with the current situation at Liverpool...

It’s funny though, he’s actually mellowed a lot I’ve found over recent weeks... was totally grand after the Brighton game, and totally grand again in the City presser. There’s only ammo if you’ve chosen to not watch him speak and instead read quotes presented with an inauthentic slant.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    It’s funny though, he’s actually mellowed a lot I’ve found over recent weeks... was totally grand after the Brighton game, and totally grand again in the City presser. There’s only ammo if you’ve chosen to not watch him speak and instead read quotes presented with an inauthentic slant.

While I agree he has slightly mellowed from the days of going after BT and Sky over premier league fixtures a few months back, I wasn't overly impressed with the covid break angle of attack he used to have a go at City on Friday....we don't really need to give City anymore ammo before this game tomorrow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Think someone posted a few days ago that kieta was back on the field training.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1358128358568169474?s=19

Anyone want to guess how long he lasts when he eventually does come back?

Think someone posted a few days ago that kieta was back on the field training.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1358128358568169474?s=19

Anyone want to guess how long he lasts when he eventually does come back?

Has he ever played 3 full games on the trot....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Everton rolling over against utd again I see

Ikozma wrote: »

Yeah but its Everton,their greatest achievement in the last 30 years is getting rolled over and their bellies tickled by everyone

Ikozma wrote: »

Always likely to happen....United seems to have gotten some confidence from the Southampton game.

• Advertisement

Yeah but its Everton,their greatest achievement in the last 30 years is getting rolled over and their bellies tickled by everyone

Ok maybe I spoke too soon!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

HEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

They've well and truly bottled this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

perfect result that. Everton are no threat really but jesus christ I don't think I could listen to the few bitters I know get a head of steam again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    They've well and truly bottled this season.

What is bizarre is so many Utd fans convinced that this year they could win the PL. Honestly I can’t see anyone but City taking it. On our own form, highly unlikely but the delusion among Utd fans is weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Damien360 wrote: »
    What is bizarre is so many Utd fans convinced that this year they could win the PL. Honestly I can’t see anyone but City taking it. On our own form, highly unlikely but the delusion among Utd fans is weird.

I seen one person say before the fa cup game with us that they are better in every position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We haven't won a home game since before Christmas, when was last time we lost 3 games at home in a row. Klopp has done it before I think, not sure it was 3 league games though.
    Win tomorrow and top of table is again tight, how many chances do we need. No matter our awful results one win puts us in title races again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

paulie21 wrote: »
    Course they do. Have a read of that thread and come back to me

I think anyone's opinion on bloop from other threads really shouldn't bother us.
    I would agree with her
    that the coverage of him is slightly negative in the media alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Has he ever played 3 full games on the trot....

Started the first 4 games of the season in the league. Played from the bench in the cup in between too. But I do understand your point, and agree with it to a certain extent. He doesn't do 90 mins regularly enough and that is a fair criticism.

And I know this sounds a bit stupid and defensive, but I'd be happy enough with him playing 70, 70, 20, 60, 20, 70 etc in a run of games. He has the quality to play, just keeps letting get let down by his body with stupid niggles. Hopefully this new training regime that he is meant to be on to prevent the stupid small injuries will help build him up for a long term run of sustained fitness. Maybe moving him to a 60/70 mins man is the better plan for him rather than hoping for 90.

N'Dombele for Spurs rarely makes more than 70 mins and they are happy with that. Get the most out of him while on the pitch. He makes an impact too when he is allowed to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Damien360 wrote: »

They absolutely could've with a better manager in place I think. City are rolling now, but it took them 12 games to get going. With our own awful form, Utd had a real chance to have a go at it, if the right man was in place.

Hard not to see it being much more competitive in a more normal next season, with Liverpool's players back, Man City pushing on, and Chelsea with an improved manager and a great squad better acclimatised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Tomorrow has draw written all over it, even if we win there's no way city will let that lead slip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm fearing a massacaree.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'm fearing a massacaree.

Don't think we'll score that many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

We'll not lose tomorrow.

Might not win, but neither will city. They have a shocking record in anfield, one win in 29 years games or something (2003).

Handy 3-1 win for the Pool.

We're their kryptonite. Firmino to drag them all over the north-west.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I also feel strangely confident about this one but then again I am a foolish optimist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

We'll not lose tomorrow.

Might not win, but neither will city. They have a shocking record in anfield, one win in 29 years games or something (2003).

Brighton hadn't beat Liverpool at Anfield since 1983. Burnley hadn't beat Liverpool at Anfield since 1974.

Not saying City will definitely win, I just think your reasoning isn't very sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any leaked team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

City will beat us,
    Our season starts March the 1st when we have Jota, keita, Mane, Fabhino back match fit, and the two new lads have had time to settle in,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Any leaked team?

First the team starts dropping off in performances. Now the leakers aren't up to their previous standards.

Just not good enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

The concerning thing about our recent form is that bar United and West Ham almost every other team we've played since Christmas weren't in good form either, yet, we still struggled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Never a better chance for City to win at anfield. Pep just does not do well against Klopp so you wouldn't be surprised to see us win. City have been on a fantastic run but wouldn't have faced anything like even a depleted Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think City are going to finger us today, I really obviously hope I'm wrong but with hopefully the lads can get pumped for this one...

If he puts the new lads in as their first game we are definitely doomed, don't think he will, possibly one of them...

We will no doubt raise our game for today.

Alisson, Fabinho & Mane back today will all be big boosts. Maybe even a defender too.

I'm not writing today off yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

City have their own striker issues and no de bruyne today, surely you'd be confident at home given klopps record v pep?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

City have their own striker issues and no de bruyne today, surely you'd be confident at home given klopps record v pep?

I'm confident enough of not losing.
    I think it will end a draw.
    A bit of luck might go our way and we win.

Gabriel Jesus has started & scored in his last 3 games.

Has played the majority of minutes in the last 6 league games since recovering from Covid so. I wouldn't exactly call that a striker issue. Some maybe doubt his quality but it's not like he is their 5th choice striker or had no striker at all.

It would be different if they had no striker at all to play. Nice supporting cast of Sterling, Foden, Mahrez, Torres & Silva all equally as fit and ready too. 6 players ready for the front 3 positions.

KDB is obviously a big loss alright.

Fairly honest assessment of how thing's are going from Trent, can't argue with a lot of what he is saying about current performance's...

• Advertisement

Personally I'd have gone Kabak & Fabinho CB & Hendo back into midfield.

But the new CBs are not starting. Jones is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Foden and Gundogan are the new go to players for City.

EtoiavJXIAIM9OP?format=jpg&name=small

No surprise at CB.
    Mane 3 week thing was utter scutter thankfully.

Good attacking lineup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fitz* wrote: »
    Personally I'd have gone Kabak & Fabinho CB & Hendo back into midfield.

But the new CBs are not starting. Jones is.

Today is probably not the best day to be starting a new player at CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Pretty lightweight bench from an attacking point of view. Kabak there. Is Kelleher injured now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Think Henderson should have been pushed into midfield with Philips in at CB instead. Davies isn't even on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Id have played Kabak
    Thats the reason we bought him chances are City beat us anyway so get him in as early as u can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Id have played Kabak
    Thats the reason we bought him chances are City beat us anyway so get him in as early as u can

Probably not the game to throw him in but after this absolutely he needs to be starting.

Looking at the team I can see us starting brightly but City will sucker punch us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement