Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

An awful lot of people in the crowd need to learn that masks should cover their nose.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Delighted for Kelleher. He’ll grow and grow with performances like this and clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Delighted for Kelleher, looked confident! The home streak continues :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

The defence looks so more relaxed and better with Matip in there.

Now put him in the bubble wrap till next Sunday.

We have 3 league games the following week starting with Fulham. Can he be risked playing all 3 games,wonder will he be given the Fulham game off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Just realised that hoever is on the wolves bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Loved that game, really great performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We have 3 league games the following week starting with Fulham. Can he be risked playing all 3 games,wonder will he be given the Fulham game off?

I wouldn't send him to Demark anyway.

I'd want him fit for the Spurs game so yes maybe play Phillips against Fulham.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

eigrod wrote: »
    Messi wouldn’t get in this team 😊

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

That John Denver's full of s***.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I wouldn't send him to Demark anyway.

I'd want him fit for the Spurs game so yes maybe play Phillips against Fulham.

Phillips should be more than enough to handle fulham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I’d honestly play the u16s in Denmark

Tsmiskas,Rhy Williams Origi,Miniamnio should play against the Danish and maybe 45 mins for Kieta if they want to get a bit of match fitness into him and the rest can be filled with youngsters from the creche

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

a girl was allowed kick off in a US College game last week, it was empowering, she won special teams player of the week.
    It's time to embrace this nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

My team in Denmark

Kellher
    Trent(to get match fit) Williams, Philips, Tsimikas
    Jones, Keita, AN Other
    Origi, Jota, Minamino

Subs:
    Adrian, Neco Williams, Other Kids.

Leave everyone else back in Liverpool so they get a decent break and don't have to travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Yeah, hard work done last week. Don't risk any players. Give the lads a week off. Could be so beneficial over the next few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Some champagne football there tonight. The 5-ish minutes before the 4th goal was equally calming and relaxing as it was great. The lads just now what to do. Henderson setting the tempo - fantastic tonight, as were a lot others like Gini, Fabinho, Robbo - lots of good performances all over the park overall.

The fans are back, the Klopp first pumps are back, multiple goals and no new injuries. Nice evenings work.

Enjoy the midweek off lads - well earned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Kellher was very sound again
    Thente was a moment at the emd where he started to come and himself and Matip almost got caught uo but Kelleher delt with it, it looled lile nothing but of that was Adrian god knows what would have happened

Spurs lools like the bjg game but Fulham away is massive we need to start winnong on the road

Matip and Fabhino haembe been grrat together butnitll be interesting to see how they deal with Kane and Son
    Jose would be mad to give us as much as the ball as he afford to City and Arsenal

We can only play the players on the selected squad submitted to uefa before the competition started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Thente was a moment at the emd where he started to come and himself and Matip almost got caught uo but Kelleher delt with it, it looled lile nothing but of that was Adrian god knows what would have happened

I liked that moment at the end, there was clearly a breakdown in communication but instead of panicking they showed good instincts to improvise and deal with it pretty calmly.

• Advertisement

You badly need to get your predictive text fixed on whatever device you post with!!!!!

tinpib wrote: »
    My team in Denmark

Kellher
    Jones, Keita, AN Other
    Origi, Jota, Minamino

Subs:
    Adrian, Neco Williams, Other Kids.

Leave everyone else back in Liverpool so they get a decent break and don't have to travel.

Phillips can’t play in CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

eigrod wrote: »
    Phillips can’t play in CL

I saw your post about the 25 man panel, forgot about that. Boo-urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

tinpib wrote: »
    My team in Denmark

Kellher
    Jones, Keita, AN Other
    Origi, Jota, Minamino

Is this a thing now??

Can we go full kids or do a number of senior players in the squad have to go??

My team V FC Midtjylland.

Tea lady 1

Tea lady 2
    Cleaner 1
    Cleaner 2
    John from finance (captain)

The chef
    The lad who cleans the dishes
    The masseur
    The kit manager

Sheila from reception
    The bus driver

Can't believe you'd snub the chicken staff like that

DVDM93 wrote: »

Tea Lady 1

Tea Lady 2
    Cleaner 1
    Cleaner 2
    John from Finance (captain)

The Chef
    The masseur
    The kit manager

Sheila from reception
    The bus driver

I reckon Trent and Naby play and are rested against Fulham

On we go

giphy.gif

Can't believe you'd snub the chicken staff like that

Manager & assistant manager: the chicken staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

We shouldn't be playing anyone during the week.

Minamino, Origi, Tsimikas the only first teamers who need minutes. Kelleher should also start

Other than that I want to see the likes of Glatzel, Clarkson, Cain, Koumetio, Rhys and Neco Williams and someone else I've never heard of

See no reason to play Curtis, Trent, Keïta or any of the front 4 on a very cold pitch in Denmark. Give them the time off

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tea lady 1

Tea lady 2
    Cleaner 1
    Cleaner 2

The chef
    The masseur
    The kit manager

Sheila from reception
    The bus driver

I’d rest John to be fair. Big week ahead for him he has the Christmas bonuses to pay out.

What do u lads make e of Gini contract comments
    He was asked again and said i said before i will not speak about my contract situation the club should speak baout it, is it good or bad

No way should Jones be risked midweek,at the moment we only have 4 fit midfielders(hendon,gini,jones,keita). Kieta can't be relied on so too risky playing any of the other 3

No way should Jones be risked midweek,at the moment we only have 4 fit midfielders(hendon,gini,jones,keita). Kieta can't be relied on so too risky playing any of the other 3

Play Naby and Trent and rest then against Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Tea lady 1

Tea lady 2
    Cleaner 1
    Cleaner 2

The chef
    The masseur
    The kit manager

Sheila from reception
    The bus driver

Tea lady 2 is pure shyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is this a thing now??

Can we go full kids or do a number of senior players in the squad have to go??

For European competition, squads are capped at 25 senior players. A maximum of 17 are allowed to be foreign-trained. To carry four more players (up to a maximum squad of 21) those players must be domestically-trained. To reach the maximum squad size the final four must be club-trained.

Liverpool will this year carry the maximum 17 foreign-trained players along with four domestically-trained players and three club-trained players (Joe Gomez, Trent Alexander-Arnold, and Caoimhin Kelleher), players who spent at least three years on the club’s books before the age of 21.

Players under the age of 21 who have spent two years at the club do not need to be registered to play, which means Curtis Jones and other youth players are not included. Harvey Elliott, having been at the club for a year, must be registered—but next season he will not need to be.

Source: https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-news-coverage/2020/10/8/21507440/official-liverpool-confirm-2020-21-champions-league-squad-a-list-b-list-club-trained-harry-wilson

Pick them from this list:

Goalkeepers
    Alisson Becker, Adrian, Caoimhin Kelleher*

Defenders
    Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez*, Kostas Tsimikas, Andy Robertson, Joel Matip, Trent Alexander-Arnold*

Midfielders
    Fabinho, Gini Wijnaldum, Thiago Alcantara, James Milner, Naby Keita, Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Xherdan Shaqiri

Forwards
    Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, Takumi Minamino, Diogo Jota, Divock Origi, Harvey Elliott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He was asked again and said i said before i will not speak about my contract situation the club should speak baout it, is it good or bad

It's good as Liverpool never discuss transfers or contracts in public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Tea lady 1

Tea lady 2
    Cleaner 1
    Cleaner 2

The chef
    The masseur
    The kit manager

Sheila from reception
    The bus driver

I actually am John from finance, and believe me its not a good idea.

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Tea lady 2 is pure shyte.

She's no Cleaner 1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It's something I first noticed in the Ajax game but I think it was quiet prominent tonight.

Curtis Jones showing a real mature head and filling in for the full backs quite often. He wasn't just running into the box trying to get a shot away, although he does like a shot, but showing tactical maturity to know when to sit as the deepest midfielder. Comfortable to take the ball off of the CBs and just play neat passes to work an angle and open up space elsewhere.

One real shining light from the injury crisis has been Jones increased time on the pitch and he is rewarding the managers trust. Hopefully he can keep this run of games going now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Personally think he is going...his commitment is unreal though. We would be in trouble without him at the moment. Great team player...

Hate to make any comparison to a United player but Trent really does hit the ball like Beckham doesn't he

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bend It Like Alexander-Arnold

Doesn't quite have a ring to it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kelleher's names was spelled right in the second half.

Someone in the shop must have been in a hurry before the game and misspelled it first one.

Fitz* wrote: »
    It's something I first noticed in the Ajax came but I think it was quiet prominent tonight.

Curtis Jones showing a real mature head and filling in for the full backs quite often. He wasn't just running into the box trying to get a shot away, although he does like a shot, but showing tactical maturity to know when to sit as the deepest midfielder. Comfortable to take the ball off of the CBs and just play neat passes to work an angle and open up space elsewhere.

One real shining light from the injury crisis has been Jones increased time on the pitch and he is rewarding the managers trust. Hopefully he can keep this run of games going now.

Have to say i was a big critic of him becaise he wasnt doin the "simple things" he couldnt seem to play a full 90 minutes he was only playing in moments but in recent exactly as you say he seems to be showing great understanding of the whole game,
    With a bit of luck 3 years down the road at 22 he'll be a a sensational palyer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mane only 4 goals this season. He was not award that one tonight either, which is silly, I thought he got a touch

Fitz* wrote: »
    It's something I first noticed in the Ajax game but I think it was quiet prominent tonight.

Yeah and last year that would of been Lallana playing(although he would prob of been injured). Jones has really grasped his chance due to the injuries

Hate to make any comparison to a United player but Trent really does hit the ball like Beckham doesn't he

Said this for about 2 season hes very like Beckham
    Infact if Beckham was coming through now hed probably be a full back

Od love to know what age Becks become a free kick specialost, Thats Trents next upgrade to become a real threat feom dorect frees

He always gives it 100% regardless but I really feel there's no one who feeds off the crowd's energy quite like Andy Robertson.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement