Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

1197198199200201203»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

We really need Jota and Ketia back and Keita to stay fit for the rest of the season.

I suppose stranger things have happened.

We're in rag order all over the pitch and where it starts to be fixed is just biting the bullet and getting Kabak in there at centre back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

ebbsy wrote: »
    Won't really blame the goalie for today, we bought 2 CBs and then played 2 midfielders in their places.

Also dropping a cb who has performed well every time hes played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Won't really blame the goalie for today, we bought 2 CBs and then played 2 midfielders in their places.

Expecting them to walk into CB with maybe 2 or 3 training sessions under their belt wouldn't have done them or us any favours.

Chucking them in against City isn't the time to rush them into the starting 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Philips has been treated really badly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Would you have played Nat Phillips at CB today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

I don't think we can expect 3 straight years of hard running from the same core group of 13 or 14 players lads. Lots of miles on the clock.

Klopp has to show ability to to adapt his tactics. Which I think he will in fairness when he has a full compliment to choose from.

It was said about him before that he was a one trick pony but that trick was bloody amazing. Methods are taxing on players and it requires buy in from your players, it will probably need to be refreshes again, only so many times some of them can go to the well.

I personally think Bobby Firmino is cooked lads. It's either famine or a feast with him, these games where he's ineffective are becoming all too common. No real competition for places, but again it's been said about Klopp in Germany he likes defined roles in the starting XI, he doesn't like having to make calls to leave out someone who expects to play.

Having the likes of Shaq and Origi would be par for the course in a Klopp squad. Lads it's not hard to break that kind of news to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Robbo looked so tired today. A worry. He had to play on every other game and it's taken its toll I think. Needs a break now and Tsmikias is surely fit now?

NukaCola wrote: »

I would, he's an actual CB, and frees up Hendo.

Philips vs Jones isn't that clear cut. Whatever about today, he should have got the FA Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

In fairness. And particularly Klopp . Doesn't throw in brand new CBs against city . Hardly at club a week.

Have to be realistic too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Philips has been treated really badly

Phillips has no business in an EPL team never mind a supposed title contender. Put sentiment aside, you have to be ruthless.

Time to get Kabak in now alongside Davies/Fab is until end of season. Henderson is important in the middle of the field for his presence alone.

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Phillips has no business in an EPL team never mind a supposed title contender. Put sentiment aside, you have to be ruthless.

Time to get Kabak in now alongside Davies/Fab is until end of season. Henderson is important in the middle of the field for his presence alone.

Neither does Williams, either one.

He been bombed out for Williams multiple times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Don't play the 2 new lads fine but I atleast expected Philips. Our midfield is awful, thiago doesn't seem to know what he's meant to be doing and wijnaldum works hard but isn't offering much. I want to see hendo and fabinho back in midfield for the next game.
    We are in a savage battle for top 4 now.

Yep, with Hendo in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Roy isn't a fan of us anymore. :(

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

They were never going to be thrown in V Man City

Playing our midfield at centre half has proven to be really successful in fairness.

• Advertisement

I'll blow a gasket if Kabak doesn't start the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Not buying the 'missing fans' bit. Every team in same boat

Yep, with Hendo in midfield.
    I would, he's an actual CB, and frees up Hendo.

He's done ok in fairness but I wouldn't start him against City.

He's good at the basics and good in the air, he's not great on the ball and needs a bit of guiding through a game from his CB partner.

City dont cross the ball, they press high, and dont give the backline a chance to settle and work through a game. Pretty much the worst opponents for him to face. I'm sure Klopp weighed up the pros and cons of him at the back and Hendo in CM and I'd agree with him not to start Phillips.

He's done ok in fairness but I wouldn't start him against City.

He's good at the basics and good in the air, he's not great on the ball and needs a bit of guiding through a game from his CB partner.

City dont cross the ball, they press high, and dont give the backline a chance to settle and work through a game. Pretty much the worst opponents for him to face. I'm sure Klopp weighed up the pros and cons of him at the back and Hendo in CM and I'd agree with him not to start Phillips.

He's generally looked fine on the ball. I understand where youre coming from, however our midfield was seriously lacking today and needed Henderson in it imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

There is a little to it, whether you or anyone else thinks it's nonsense.

When your gameplan is built on high intensity all game long, you derive some of that energy from emotion, which is helped by fans.

It's no excuse, but there is something to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The only reason it might play a part is Klopp sides typically feed off the energy of the crowd considerably more than the vast majority of sides. It is a very high energy front foot aggressive style of football (at it's best).

Probably a factor alright but not the main one I would say.

Realistically, its just Kabak in isn't it? Its more than likely going to be Fabinho + another and Hendo back in Midfield I'd say.

Would people be happy to see a combo of Davies/Kabak/Phillips at CB and see our 2 arguably best CMs back in the Midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Our relative lack of signings O not moving one squad players in 2019 & 2020 now starting to hurt us along with injuries.

Hopefully make top 4 & we need to sell & buy some players in the summer.

Man City will get better next year

Realistically, its just Kabak in isn't it? Its more than likely going to be Fabinho + another and Hendo back in Midfield I'd say.

Would people be happy to see a combo of Davies/Kabak/Phillips at CB and see our 2 arguably best CMs back in the Midfield.

I really hope not, he has done well considering but he is not a centre back. Commits himself way too much.

I would be happy with two centre backs playing there.

Though more worrying I would like to see a plan as to how we score a goal

Depends on opposition and how they settle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement