Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

They decided that was onside very quickly.

Considering how close it was, it was done in record time

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Like in my mind something that close should just be ruled with whatever the officials originally called on the pitch, but that was offside by the rules as they have been all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Mane sandwiched between two players and told to get up lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Son really looked a foot offside there. I just don’t know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Think it was a couple of toes onside, but all we have talked about for 2 days, is that all spurs have is the counter and then they get a goal like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Time for another complaint to the FA and put the pressure on, that's offside nowadays and would have been if Son was in a red shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

So many shots straight at Loris.

mightyreds wrote: »
    Think it was a couple of toes onside, but all we have talked about for 2 days, is that all spurs have is the counter and then they get a goal like that

Wasn’t even a counter. They had the ball. But agree you shouldn’t be caught out by a simple long pass out of defence like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Time for another complaint to the FA and put the pressure on, that's offside nowadays and would have been if Son was in a red shirt

000f3e0d-500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

That's how VAR should be used TBH, but what's annoying it the boll1xing on every other occasion with lines and angles. Can't change rules and guidelines midstream.

Poor goal to concede though, that pivot and the through ball is Tottenhams only outlet all season, and we fell for it. Playing well though, but wasteful in attack, should have scored at least 3 by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Damn prime crashed

Seems to be problem with firestick app but still working on other apps or desktop/mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

110 passes in the final third of the pitch to Spurs 10 passes.

Doesn't mean much when the scores are even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

That’s a nasty tackle on Williams. Ref iis abysmal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Wasn’t even a counter. They had the ball. But agree you shouldn’t be caught out by a simple long pass out of defence like that.

Ha ha looked like a counter my stream flicked from us attacking to son sticking it in the net

Foul after foul on Mane and he gives a free kick against Wijnaldum for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

eigrod wrote: »
    That’s a nasty tackle on Williams. Ref iis abysmal

Well he is from Manchester

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Jose and his bloody bus yet again, we need something different to break it down

Well he is from Manchester

Aren’t they all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Son looked onside.

And in a non VAR world, there is no question it's a goal.

It's the lack of taking out the lines and measuring millimetres, all of a sudden, which annoyed me. Just be consistent in being anal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

That’s so frustrating I was just grabbing my phone to comment we’d been class so far when Son scored out of nowhere

• Advertisement

Well that was completely and utterly one sided. And it’s 1-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mightyreds wrote: »
    Ha ha looked like a counter my stream flicked from us attacking to son sticking it in the net

yeah, same, I hadn't a clue what was going on, the ball was just suddenly tucked into the corner.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Ikozma wrote: »

Don't think so we've had the chances just need to put them away, could quite comfortably be 3 or 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Liverpool were magical right up to the Son goal. Best we've played in a long time.

More of the same after the break please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

SlickRic wrote: »
    Son looked onside.

It's the lack of taking out the lines and measuring millimetres, all of a sudden, which annoyed me. Just be consistent in being anal.

I agree that it SHOULD be a goal non-VAR but how TF is that onside and the winner against Everton chalked off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Great performance overall, switching play, first to second balls, retaining possession, patience. Spurs of course very dangerous on the break.

We can still win this.

I'm hoping the 4th official doesn't use any racial or homophobic slurs during officiating as I don't see us playing this well if we have to finish this game tomorrow.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ikozma wrote: »

We’ve broken it down multiple times.

Soft shots straight at keeper though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Offsides for us take 10 minutes and 20 professors to calculate that a stray hair is in an off side position. Offside for Spurs took seconds, IT'S ON!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When offsides have come down to mm and they have shown on TV how close they were, I would have liked to have been shown how close that actually was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mane and Salah being torn apart with no whistle once again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Son looked onside.

Absolutely didn’t look onside, he looked well off.I was genuinely wondering how the hell will they try to say its onside. VAR is ruining our season game after game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Frustrating as we've been so dominant. Wijnaldum really good tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Playing well, absolutely dominating them so of course they score on the break.

Tbf to Son though, it was an excellent finish.

Against Everton they spent a good 5 minutes drawing lines in order to find part of Mane's body that could be deemed offside (and eventually just said his SLEEVE was offside) and yet that Son decision was confirmed before they'd even finished celebrating.

• Advertisement

Feels like 95% of pube hair VAR decisions have gone against us this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Very frustrating when they seem to be changing the rules of what is and isn’t offside every single week.

We are talking about Bamford pointing being offside a month ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I agree that it SHOULD be a goal non-VAR but how TF is that onside and the winner against Everton chalked off?

Agreed. I've said before that goals like that should be given (essentially give the attacker the benefit of the doubt, in this case Son), however, if that goal is given this season then THERE IS NO WAY that Mane's against Everton should've been disallowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It's maddening and a ****ing disgrace.

By VAR standards that seemed straightforward off but I note they weren't dicking around with their lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Disappointing to go in level after that first half performance.

What is Damien Delaney on?

LiVARpool strike again.

Against Everton they spent a good 5 minutes drawing lines in order to find part of Mane's body that could be deemed offside (and eventually just said his SLEEVE was offside) and yet that Son decision was confirmed before they'd even finished celebrating.

I have no difficulty with Son’s goal being allowed - it’s the way it should be. However, Mane’s v Everton and Salah’s v Brighton and plenty others should’ve allowed too. They’re the same situation. Those lines are ridiculous and being operated differently by different officials.

Anyway we should be 3-1 up with the chances we've had, shot after shot blasted straight at the keeper, even our goal was going right to Lloris before the deflection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Ref is allowing Mane to be ridden rock solid all evening, sissoko and the fullback double teaming him and nonstop fouling time and time again. The danger with Sadio is that he'll decide to stand up for himself.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭RonanG86

Son looked onside.

That was appropriate implementation of VAR. But as you say, "all of sudden" we haven't got 50,000 lines and an electron microscope out. And you can bet they'll come out if there's a marginal goal for us.

They need to be consistent. I'd love it if they used VAR like that all the time. But they haven't used it like that all season and they won't going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

They where getting ragged at the back, we got our goal, they looked even worse and we gave them the gift they where playing for.

Was a very good first half performance though but I'm liking how far we're squeezing up at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Some brilliant football played that half. Robbo, Jones & Salah particularly.

Keep at it and we will win this game. Spurs only had one shot that half. Got lucky with the offside call.

Guarantee we have one disallowed now for an offside fingernail

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement