Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We have easiest tie in next round of league games when it come to the top 5. Fulham, no excuses there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

TAA is on a trajectory
    In the past he has been compared with AWB and now David Beckham
    In time the comparison will be made with Maldini
    Past that?
    do we dream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

He always gives it 100% regardless but I really feel there's no one who feeds off the crowd's energy quite like Andy Robertson.

Hes easily the Hulk Hogan of the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Tonight was as good as its been for quite a while, super performance on the pitch, fans back at anfield, players back from injury, no new injuries, and var actually worked in our favour... Praise the lord

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ikozma wrote: »
    Tonight was as good as its been for quite a while, super performance on the pitch, fans back at anfield, players back from injury, no new injuries, and var actually worked in our favour... Praise the lord

Since the Leicester game two games ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Well kieta did get injured that night!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I think his emphasis was on fans being back, players being back from injury, no new injuries & VAR working in our favour.

Not sure we had any of that against Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

KevRossi wrote: »
    For European competition, squads are capped at 25 senior players. A maximum of 17 are allowed to be foreign-trained. To carry four more players (up to a maximum squad of 21) those players must be domestically-trained. To reach the maximum squad size the final four must be club-trained.

Liverpool will this year carry the maximum 17 foreign-trained players along with four domestically-trained players and three club-trained players (Joe Gomez, Trent Alexander-Arnold, and Caoimhin Kelleher), players who spent at least three years on the club’s books before the age of 21.

Players under the age of 21 who have spent two years at the club do not need to be registered to play, which means Curtis Jones and other youth players are not included. Harvey Elliott, having been at the club for a year, must be registered—but next season he will not need to be.

Source: https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-news-coverage/2020/10/8/21507440/official-liverpool-confirm-2020-21-champions-league-squad-a-list-b-list-club-trained-harry-wilson

Pick them from this list:

Goalkeepers
    Alisson Becker, Adrian, Caoimhin Kelleher*

Defenders
    Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez*, Kostas Tsimikas, Andy Robertson, Joel Matip, Trent Alexander-Arnold*

Midfielders
    Fabinho, Gini Wijnaldum, Thiago Alcantara, James Milner, Naby Keita, Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Xherdan Shaqiri

Forwards
    Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, Takumi Minamino, Diogo Jota, Divock Origi, Harvey Elliott

Sobering how many first team-players we will need to play midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

We can pick from List B also for midweek:

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Adrian, Kelleher, Jaros*

Defenders: Gomez, Matip, R.Williams*, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Tsimikas, N.Williams*, Larouci*

Midfielders: Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Jones*, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cain*, Clarkson*, Dixon-Bonner*

Forwards: Salah, Mane, Firmino, Jota, Minamino, Origi, Shaqiri, Glatzel*, Longstaff*, Millar*, Stewart*

* List B.

Virgil van Dijk and Harvey Elliott also included as changes to List A not permitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I think his emphasis was on fans being back, players being back from injury, no new injuries & VAR working in our favour.

Not sure we had any of that against Leicester.

Not from their posting history it's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bend It Like Alexander-Arnold

Doesn't quite have a ring to it .

How about "Arc it like Arnold"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

If you watch some of those sky sports late 90s shows there's plenty of clips of Beckham being quite central as a quarter back. Neville would be outside him. Beckham would follow out wide into the space Neville created.

Trent really is the successor and developer of that crown. He does both of their jobs in one. I love that. If he stayed as the world's greatest right back for his career I'd be delighted. If he did move to midfield I could see him being the new xabi Alonso.

LFC 2026

Kelleher
    Williams
    Williams
    Gomez
    Trent
    Jones
    Elliot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    We can pick from List B also for midweek:

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Adrian, Kelleher, Jaros*

Defenders: Gomez, Matip, R.Williams*, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Tsimikas, N.Williams*, Larouci*

Midfielders: Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Jones*, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cain*, Clarkson*, Dixon-Bonner*

Forwards: Salah, Mane, Firmino, Jota, Minamino, Origi, Shaqiri, Glatzel*, Longstaff*, Millar*, Stewart*

* List B.

Virgil van Dijk and Harvey Elliott also included as changes to List A not permitted.

This is very good news! So...

Adrian
    N. Williams, R. Williams, Fabinho, Tsimikas
    Cain, Clarkson, Jones
    Minamino, Origi, Jota

Maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

If you watch some of those sky sports late 90s shows there's plenty of clips of Beckham being quite central as a quarter back. Neville would be outside him. Beckham would follow out wide into the space Neville created.

Trent really is the successor and developer of that crown. He does both of their jobs in one. I love that. If he stayed as the world's greatest right back for his career I'd be delighted. If he did move to midfield I could see him being the new xabi Alonso.

LFC 2026

Kelleher
    Williams
    Williams
    Gomez
    Trent
    Jones
    Elliot

My take has always been no other right back can do what Trent does, Why would we take a weapon that teams omly ever face agaisnt us away,
    Plenty of midfeilders with great passing ranges if that what we are after but no right back in current world football that plays in Trents style

fyfe79 wrote: »
    This is very good news! So...

Adrian
    N. Williams, R. Williams, Fabinho, Tsimikas
    Cain, Clarkson, Jones
    Minamino, Origi, Jota

Maybe?

Jones amd Neco to start aginst Fulham so i dont think they will play
    The lads who came back as subs tonight wont be ablento play Fulham and Spurs too soon for that so i reckon they y play midweek then a weeks rest till Sputs

Jones amd Neco to start aginst Fulham so i dont think they will play
    The lads who came back as subs tonight wont be ablento play Fulham and Spurs too soon for that so i reckon they y play midweek then a weeks rest till Sputs

I was thinking similar but who else is there? We are so down to the bare bones, you're otherwise talking about playing youngsters such as Dixon-Bonner out of position. If the likes of Jones and Williams play, they'll be instructed to take it easy.

Personally I think TAA and Keita might come in against Fulham. Or maybe Keita and TAA play against the Danish lads, to get minutes in their legs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I have a feeling that both Keita & TAA will see game time in Denmark. But in different roles.

Keita from the start and play 60. He will be a sub against Fulham again but build up fitness with a view with being in full fitness for Spurs. That's not to say that he will start as Gini, Hendo & Jones is a nice trio currently. But certainly a viable option.

TAA will play from the bench in Denmark IMO but then build up with 60 or 70 against Fulham with view to starting against Spurs again then midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

gimli2112 wrote: »
    TAA is on a trajectory
    In the past he has been compared with AWB and now David Beckham
    In time the comparison will be made with Maldini
    Past that?
    do we dream?

Ah, he's completely different to Maldini.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Ah, he's completely different to Maldini.

my favourite players never to play for Liverpool, Maldini, Maradona and that's about it.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

MOTD2 Caoimhin Kelleher, I've learned how to say his name so I'm going to say it - Ian Wright :D

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    MOTD2 Caoimhin Kelleher, I've learned how to say his name so I'm going to say it - Ian Wright :D

Yeah, he nailed it, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That game felt like a real watershed moment in a lot of ways.

Some fans back in the stadium.
    A proper solid dominant performance and win.
    Trent back.
    Keita back.
    Kelleher solid with another clean sheet.
    Goals from defence and midfield.
    The front lads looking sharp and energetic.
    Curtis Jones having such a mature all round performance.

It felt like maybe the long tiring uphill had been crested and maybe we can have a bit of a downhill, with European football done till the knockouts (for the first team), and more players returning, leading to more opportunities for rotation, which hopefully means fewer injuries.

The Danish game is coming at a decent time and all, where anyone that needs minutes in a semi-competitive environment with zero real stakes can get them. Will help Origi, Minamino, and Tsimikas especially. Those guys will start, and then I could see Keita and Trent going on the trip as well, and coming on for another 30 minutes. Who knows, maybe even Ox might be ready for a few minutes. He seems to be close. With 5 subs and no stakes, it can really be all about getting exactly the number of minutes needed for the lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sorry if posted already.

Just popped up on my You Tube feed.
    Made me smile, best Klopp impression I've heard by anyone.

• Advertisement

Ffs, I ment as in having fans back, players back, nó injuries etc, stop being such as smart ass picking at every bloody post

Can someone explain how do I ignore certain posters, I just can't be dealing with childish rubbish, life's too short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

I'd goosebumps watching that last night. Imagine being there for it.

Really happy with last night's game, couldn't have gone much better really.
    Delighted for Kelleher. I was seated close to him last year at a GAA match and his head was melted from kids coming up for pics and he didn't complain once. Seems like a nice lad so hopefully these games give him the confidence he was lacking last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I would not be opposed to playing a youth-ish team midweek. We get to rest our players and if we lose then Midtjylland gets a nice payday by winning a group match. We lose out on some income though, but having players fit towards the end of the season will be worth more than a group game win when we are already top.

Its a good time to treat that match as pre-season match of sorts for players to get fit and to rest players that have been playing since the start of the season without a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Is the CL game being played in Denmark again?

I thought it was moved to Dortmund because of Covid?

• Advertisement

Ikozma wrote: »
    Can someone explain how do I ignore certain posters, I just can't be dealing with childish rubbish, life's too short

you can just put them on ignore by clicking on their username, unless you have me on ignore and then someone else will have to tell you
    it's a fantastic feature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

gimli2112 wrote: »
    you can just put them on ignore by clicking on their username, unless you have me on ignore and then someone else will have to tell you
    it's a fantastic feature

Reading the thread for me makes absolutely no sense, I’ve so many on ignore.

I'm not too bad here but to me it looks like no-one's posted in the Arsenal thread in six years

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    That game felt like a real watershed moment in a lot of ways.

Some fans back in the stadium.
    A proper solid dominant performance and win.
    Trent back.
    Keita back.
    Kelleher solid with another clean sheet.
    Goals from defence and midfield.
    The front lads looking sharp and energetic.
    Curtis Jones having such a mature all round performance.

It felt like maybe the long tiring uphill had been crested and maybe we can have a bit of a downhill, with European football done till the knockouts (for the first team), and more players returning, leading to more opportunities for rotation, which hopefully means fewer injuries.

The Danish game is coming at a decent time and all, where anyone that needs minutes in a semi-competitive environment with zero real stakes can get them. Will help Origi, Minamino, and Tsimikas especially. Those guys will start, and then I could see Keita and Trent going on the trip as well, and coming on for another 30 minutes. Who knows, maybe even Ox might be ready for a few minutes. He seems to be close. With 5 subs and no stakes, it can really be all about getting exactly the number of minutes needed for the lads.

Be interesting to see does he play Adrian or Kelleher in this one,
    Id go with Kelleher and play him now every chance we get to help his development ,

Milner was back on the bike last week so possible he could be on the bench for this one too,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Win 4-0 - Check
    Kelleher Starts, keeps clean sheet - Check
    Joint Top of the League - Check
    New Thread - Check
    Champions - Check

200.gif

I wonder will Jurgen bring up the Kane backing in thing before the Spurs game seen as we have enough injured players already ,

Be nice to make it public so he stops and at the same time it would really wind up Jose ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm only after watching motd2 . I had forgotten it was 4-0 !!
    In better mood now till José puts on master class of trying to nullify any attacking football next week

I wonder will Jurgen bring up the Kane backing in thing before the Spurs game seen as we have enough injured players already ,

Be nice to make it public so he stops and at the same time it would really wind up Jose ,

The Kane Moonwalk? Yeah, it's an odd one how how he gets away with it.

cj maxx wrote: »
    I'm only after watching motd2 . I had forgotten it was 4-0 !!
    In better mood now till José puts on master class of trying to nullify any attacking football next week

I really think if Jose lets us have as much as the ball as City and Arsenal we will kill them ,
    Lets not forget there defence still has poor defenders in it ,

Both games he got a bit lucky that they scored first they where

Only worry I have is our lack of pace at CB for there counters attacks , VVD and Gomez normally deal with that part ,

6 wrote: »
    The Kane Moonwalk? Yeah, it's an odd one how how he gets away with it.

Totally bizarre he's nearly broke Creswell, Lallana and Gabriel necks already this season ,its as bad as high challenge if you ask me ,

• Advertisement

Totally bizarre he's nearly broke Creswell, Lallana and Gabriel necks already this season ,its as bad as high challenge if you ask me ,

Maybe they are waiting on a serious injury to occur first.

My take has always been no other right back can do what Trent does, Why would we take a weapon that teams omly ever face agaisnt us away,
    Plenty of midfeilders with great passing ranges if that what we are after but no right back in current world football that plays in Trents style

I agree, unless we invent a time machine and go back to kidnap a 20 year old Cafu.

Premier Sports production was terrible. Talked over YNWA at the start, cut out klopp doing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Fabrizio Romano is reporting that Fabinho is in line for a new contract.

There is also a line in the article that Liverpool want to re-open contract talks with Gini. Gini certainly is showing 'I want a new contract' form anyways!

I'd be happy with both getting new contracts.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/07/liverpool-fabinho-new-contract

Fitz* wrote: »
    Fabrizio Romano is reporting that Fabinho is in line for a new contract.

There is also a line in the article that Liverpool want to re-open contract talks with Gini. Gini certainly is showing 'I want a new contract' form anyways!

I'd be happy with both getting new contracts.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/07/liverpool-fabinho-new-contract

A new contract for Gini is a must he deserves it I think it would give everyone a nice lift too,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Only worry I have is our lack of pace at CB for there counters attacks , VVD and Gomez normally deal with that part

I hear ya and fully agree, only positive from that negative is the they both sit back a bit deeper now and not getting caught as often with balls over the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Premier Sports production was terrible. Talked over YNWA at the start, cut out klopp doing this.

I'm getting an aunties address in the UK or something and switching my Prime Video account over before the Spurs game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anything to avoid listening to Kenny Cunningham spouting rubbish for 90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I read that Tyldesley and Mc Coist were on Amazon commentating, seems like a pretty good duo tbf. Must try and sort it out for the next game as my missus does have prime, but no sign of the game on there, it does seem stupid that you have to call/chat to them, to sort it out to watch.

• Advertisement

Nijmegen wrote: »
    I'm getting an aunties address in the UK or something and switching my Prime Video account over before the Spurs game.

The just did it over chat for me. Didn’t need to provide uk address.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement