Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

VVD with a shock return to play in February/March , alongside the best cb in the world fabinho, probably dreaming but think vvd can do special things.

Klopp was talking about him the other day about how positive Vvd is and the work he is putting in but said it is a very long long recovery for him,but yeah it would be unreal to see him back at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Here, that was gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭RonanG86

Klopp was talking about him the other day about how positive Vvd is and the work he is putting in but said it is a very long long recovery for him,but yeah it would be unreal to see him back at some stage

Problem with an injury like that is that you think you're doing okay and the physio tells you you're subconsciously not putting much weight on the injured knee and you end up kind of having to relearn how to walk and run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

They asked him about the champions league final team and he said 5 of todays teams was involved in that game

He was being very selective as well - 5 who started 2019 started tonight- lloris, aldewireld, son, kane, sissoko. Alli also started, and moura and dier came off the bench, so 8 played in both matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

No way VVD plays again this season, unfortunately. This is real high level stuff here with millions put into the player by the club. Every 1% counts. It's not a mid level player who can plod along and get away with it.

The club seem to be taking a relaxed, slower take on injuries this year. Letting Ox come back completely at 100% now instead of 90% a couple weeks ago. They did the same with Henderson a couple weeks back where he was delayed. Thiago now too. Short term pain long term gain as they say. Even Sturridge was always fit in his last season after this method was taken. Let him recover fully first before coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

murpho999 wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it a lucky win.

On another night our forwards shooting would have been better.

Think it was deserved win and the two young lads did great.
    Imagine what we'll be like when players start to come back.

We got lucky in a few moments in the match, it doesn't mean the win was lucky. I agree it was deserved as we dominated the match and I felt we got very little from the referee tonight. On another night we score 3 before the Son chance and by then it is over.

Just because Spurs had a couple chances doesn't mean we got lucky, we also hit the woodwork and had half a dozen other opportunities that could've gone in on any given night. This wasn't some defensive masterclass from Spurs that limited our chances, as much as they could've scored a couple we could have had 5 or 6.

Agreed...sort of, their chances just shows how good they are on the break but it doesn't take away from our performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Lads, it's Mourinho. He says daft stuff to deflect. Everyone knows the crack with him at this stage.

He's yesterday's man in football terms. It'll end in tears at Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Gifs aplenty tomorrow but just want to mention now on the chance that Mane had off the crossbar:

Jones gets the ball about 25 yards out, he goes to shoot, stops himself, takes another touch and plays a ball that Mane doesn't even have to touch before spinning and shooting.

Even 3 months ago Jones is taking that shot with his week foot and blasting it into Alderweireld, he's matured so well.

• Advertisement

LOVE the way Bobby ran the pitch towards the KOP. Brilliant!!

6 wrote: »
    LOVE the way Bobby ran the pitch towards the KOP. Brilliant!!

Said it earlier but it's no surprise Bobby's finding his form now that the crowds are returning, the man feeds off the energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

RonanG86 wrote: »
    Problem with an injury like that is that you think you're doing okay and the physio tells you you're subconsciously not putting much weight on the injured knee and you end up kind of having to relearn how to walk and run.

Exactly. I linked before to a Don Hutchinson interview about his ACL injury. Apparently, you feel grand within about 4 weeks, but you need intense discipline to follow the physio advice for another 6-9 months, when you feel you can do much more.

It's a deceptive injury which does in the head of a lot of footballers. You're better off breaking your leg and being out for 2 months and straight back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That was glorious. A last minute winner against a fuming mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Said it earlier but it's no surprise Bobby's finding his form now that the crowds are returning, the man feeds off the energy.

He literally didn't score at Anfield last season until a global pandemic hit and prevented fans from being allowed to attend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Gifs aplenty tomorrow but just want to mention now on the chance that Mane had off the crossbar:

Jones gets the ball about 25 yards out, he goes to shoot, stops himself, takes another touch and plays a ball that Mane doesn't even have to touch before spinning and shooting.

Even 3 months ago Jones is taking that shot with his week foot and blasting it into Alderweireld, he's matured so well.

100% agree, i was saying he wasnt good enough yet because he wasnt doing the simple things well enough and playing for moments (lile u said a shot) but he has so quickly got the little parts right that help tie a performance together, Great to see from him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That was glorious. A last minute winner against a fuming mourinho.

was going to post similar. Glorious win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Arsenal supporter here, but my sons a Liverpool head.

I have to say ye deserved the win tonight, the fight, teamwork, and pure skill is a beauty to watch.

Best wishes - hope you claim the title (just so I have a happy household 😜)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Have to say that it was a perfect birthday present. Thanks Klopp!

Every time I watch Elliot he seriously reminds me of a young Shaqiri

Every time I watch Elliot he seriously reminds me of a young Shaqiri

Bareller II

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Very well taken again.

I know it's always tempting to call back someone playing so well, but I hope we resist and just let him keep performing in a good environment week in week out. Will stand to him (and us) in the longer term.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Very well taken again.

I know it's always tempting to call back someone playing so well, but I hope we resist and just let him keep performing in a good environment week in week out. Will stand to him (and us) in the longer term.

If we're absolutely desperate we could recall him for January, see how he does, and then make a decision at the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Was tonight the first game of the season with no subs made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just realised it's Palace away early on Saturday. Christ.

Anyway will still live of the buzz of an injury time winner until morning.

Yeah real tough game,a draw wouldn't be end of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Jones is turning into the player I thought Keita would be. A real handy player for playing against teams that park the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Alderwood doing his best to elbow Firmino in the face for the goal, it would be enough to put many off by reflex alone, great bravery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

If we're absolutely desperate we could recall him for January, see how he does, and then make a decision at the end of the month.

There's not a chance i'd recall him from Blackburn, no matter what.

He's a 17 year old at Blackburn ripping up the Championship. He's a wonderkid. Leave him at it and see how things are in the summer.

monkey9 wrote: »
    There's not a chance i'd recall him from Blackburn, no matter what.

He's a 17 year old at Blackburn ripping up the Championship. He's a wonderkid. Leave him at it and see how things are in the summer.

That depends if jota is back, if not we need options and he may be one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

The up side is it'll be their third game in a week and they aren't used to stuff like that whereas we are well used to it. Will still be a tough game.

.G. wrote: »
    The up side is it'll be their third game in a week and they aren't used to stuff like that whereas we are well used to it. Will still be a tough game.

And benteke was sent off tonight so will miss the game

Match of the day cut the good stuff from the interviews, strange, surely they would show the controversial bits?

And benteke was sent off tonight so will miss the game

2 yellow cards, both for throwing elbows while going for headers, so Benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Yeah real tough game,a draw wouldn't be end of the world

Here we go again, every year its the same... What's the fear of Palace away, we have an excellent record there, I'll be utterly shocked if we don't win on Saturday

Ikozma wrote: »
    Here we go again, every year its the same... What's the fear of Palace away, we have an excellent record there, I'll be utterly shocked if we don't win on Saturday

Because it's our third game in 6 days with nearly the same 11 playing each game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Because it's our third game in 6 days with nearly the same 11 playing each game

Yea but we get this same crap every year when we play Palace away, you'd swear they were.... Liverpool!!

It'll be tough no doubt, every game is, but we shouldn't be fearing them and I'll be expecting a win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fab is just so bloody good at this whole football thing and why Brazil don't pick him to play still amazes me.

All the better for us that they don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Loud Noises!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ikozma wrote: »
    Yea but we get this same crap every year when we play Palace away, you'd swear they were.... Liverpool!!

It'll be tough no doubt, every game is, but we shouldn't be fearing them and I'll be expecting a win

They’re solid at the back and excellent on the break, which are exactly the teams that cause us the most problems. So even with a decent record against them, they’re still a team to be wary of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

I really want to see where Firminho wound up after his celebratory sprint! Are there any angles or clips that show where they were?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Jones was brilliant tonight. When he needs it his footwork is incredible. Maybe we will see a gif of it, but I remember one time he did some sort of back drag move to beat two players and then sprayed out right.
    His pass into sadio for the chance that clipped the bar was lovely too.
    Also, trent's nutmeg on son was tasty.

3 1/2 hours later and this game still feels so good

• Advertisement

Think the reaction to Rhys' performance would be wildly different had that Bergwijn chance gone in at the start of the second half, glad it didn't because it really was just one mistake in a fantastic debut.

Think the reaction to Rhys' performance would be wildly different had that Bergwijn chance gone in at the start of the second half, glad it didn't because it really was just one mistake in a fantastic debut.

Think he whispered in his ear "misssss"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Match of the day cut the good stuff from the interviews, strange, surely they would show the controversial bits?

Doesn't MOTD do their own interviews rather than use what the live broadcasters do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Casey78 wrote: »
    ****ing beautiful. I’m going upstairs to see is the wife awake. I’m horny after that!

Was she awake?

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Was she awake?

She slapped him half way through when he kept calling her Bobby.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement