Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Impressive we only made a sub in injury time given the knackery behaviour of the opposition.

:confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm watching SSN and Jose's tactics seem to have worked. Tactical masterclass from him apparently, they should have won, beaten by a late goal and unbelieveably the best team didn't win.

we have to be honest. Spurs were well drilled, had a gameplan, and executed it pretty fúcking perfectly.

what we saw last night was exactly what José would've dreamt of from his team. they stayed compact, didn't give up any massive, clear cut chances (just shots from distance, or in positions where they could get a block in). and they sprung the counter, getting clean through 3 times, scoring once.

for José, in an away game, against a title rival, that is a beautiful thing.

the problem is, Liverpool are fúcking relentless, and can get you in any number of ways. set piece. shot from distance. rip you apart. and the game is quicker than when José was in his pomp. players move quicker, can transition play faster, and move your defence around an awful lot better than a decade or more ago.

both teams put on a performance which represented just about the best version of themselves. i'm not surprised José thought they were brilliant and deserved to win. and Klopp rightly believes his team was better - the way we kept Spurs pegged in for large portions of the game was unreal.

i'm just glad we won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I read a piece earlier that also gives understanding to Mourinho's unhappiness.

Last night was only the third time in his PL managerial career he lost to a last minute goal.

The last time was against Stoke in 2013 when at Chelsea.

These types of losses sicken him.

Mourinho is really affecting Liverpool supporters ?
    Its good to see he still has 'it' ... :)

Long long way to go , youd think the league was won last night !
    Anyway, it probably is yeres to throw away, best team in the League (again) this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

greenspurs wrote: »

Anyway, it probably is yeres to throw away, best team in the League (again) this year.

No more than say how Trump or Brexiteers irritate people by talking complete BS! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Only four Premier League grounds will be allowed up to 2,000 fans after Health Secretary Matt Hancock confirmed changes to the coronavirus tier system on Thursday, reports Charlotte Harpur.

Liverpool, Everton, Brighton, Southampton are the only clubs who can have fans attending games following the government’s latest tier review.

Source: https://theathletic.com/news/coronavirus-tiers-latest-premier-league/dUzOmf4emIvx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

MD1990 wrote: »
    Kenny Cunningham cannot understand why a high pressing team like Liverpool play with such a high line.

Such a terrible pundit. Everytime he is on premier we get a big win though lol

Cunningham should have been sacked on the spot for his commentary during the England v Ireland friendly recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I think we can all agree that Klopp makes strange decisions with his substitutions in some games. I don't know if you can argue against the results though, but he sure has made some that made you scratch your head in some big matches. He is not infallible to mistakes and subs could be one of his.

I see some pundits have been using the lazy line of, he wanted 5 subs but didn't use any last match. It is amazing that some people can get paid for being trolls. Same with Mourinho and his comments about our injuries, pure trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mane is struggling for goals lately but my god did he make up for it in work rate. He kept fighting with Aurier throughout and in the last 10 mins when Aurier was run ragged he changed the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

sweetie wrote: »
    nah, the dollar sign is reserved for the City title years

Crucifix

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

131431279_10160029363217573_2111513070430575347_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Z1ybQvcLJ-EAX_vFb3Y&_nc_ht=scontent-ams4-1.xx&tp=7&oh=de3fdf48a6872258937ba61d1a53e6cb&oe=6002BF52

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Jurgens injury ravaged, not getting an iota off VAR reds March on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

rob316 wrote: »
    Mane is struggling for goals lately but my god did he make up for it in work rate. He kept fighting with Aurier throughout and in the last 10 mins when Aurier was run ragged he changed the game.

Jota was filling a lot of his spaces, With Jota out you'd expect Mane to start scoring again.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

I am of an age that I should just about remember Steven Gerrard being introduced into the team first but, maybe due to lack of Sky Sports in the household growing up, I just dont really remember. How good was he when he came into the team first and was it noticeable straightaway after a his first consistent run of games that he was going to be world class?

The reason why I am asking is that along with everyone else if there is only one good thing to come out of our unfortunate luck with injuries is the opportunity has afforded Curtis Jones to play regularly. He really looks to be the real deal and I was just wondering how he compared to Stevie coming into the team at first?

Before I get criticized I am not calling him the next Steven Gerrard just wondering how he compared?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,280 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I am of an age that I should just about remember Steven Gerrard being introduced into the team first but, maybe due to lack of Sky Sports in the household growing up, I just dont really remember. How good was he when he came into the team first and was it noticeable straightaway after a his first consistent run of games that he was going to be world class?

The reason why I am asking is that along with everyone else if there is only one good thing to come out of our unfortunate luck with injuries is the opportunity has afforded Curtis Jones to play regularly. He really looks to be the real deal and I was just wondering how he compared to Stevie coming into the team at first?

Before I get criticized I am not calling him the next Steven Gerrard just wondering how he compared?

i was trying to think back aswell

i dont think ive ever seen a lad at his age come into midfield and play with such confidence (for us at least)

^ a true rolls royce of a footballer. My United supporting mate used to absolutely rave about him and said he could be there DM for the next 10 years if they signed him. Safe to say he was gutted when we snatched him out of nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

So where exactly did Bobby end up with that celebration....that's my main question this morning.

yeah hoping a wider camera angle of it emerges, he was well past the half way line but theres no footage of the Kop in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,280 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

'it' being a WUM :D

no one is claiming the league was won but going into christmas top after just beating the team who are closest to you in a game like that in the 90th minute,

thats gold.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

:confused:

Knocking the bollox out of Mane, more than one cynical foul taking a yellow and going down feigning injury to run down the time. Just what I can think of off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I love that Klopp doesn't and didn't buy into or react publicly in his own interviews to any of Jose post or per and post match interviews and actually praises Jose's players and team that must rile Jose up even more.

Ep-Y-5-J-XEAABt-NH.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I am of an age that I should just about remember Steven Gerrard being introduced into the team first...

Similar age I'd wager. I do remember Stevie making an impact pretty quickly, and in a worse team of course, but I'd say Curtis doesn't look far behind at this stage. Like you say, that's not to imply he'll become anything like the same player but it's great to see how comfortably he fits into this team at the moment, he's doing great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Similar age I'd wager. I do remember Stevie making an impact pretty quickly, and in a worse team of course, but I'd say Curtis doesn't look far behind at this stage. Like you say, that's not to imply he'll become anything like the same player but it's great to see how comfortably he fits into this team at the moment, he's doing great

He is doing great , super well and ahead of expectations but Stevie buries that chance again Fulham and bends into top corner his drive into the box last night instead of straight at Loris.
    That big match cometh the hour cometh the Man from Stevie is lightening in a bottle and it would be unfair to burden Jones with it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Fitz* wrote: »

Think klopp said last night that if the match was tonight he would of been fit to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have to admit no-one pushes my buttons more than Mourinho, it's not even close.....maybe Trump. His spiral to mediocrity has been awesome, even rivaling our own meteoric rise to the top. I am fearful he'll win something with Spurs which he'll engineer as being all down to him. A team which probably should have won a Champions League. Well five of them at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

131620378_449032342765575_4720233944997584875_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=ljcC-0DZBxcAX9MBdhZ&tp=1&oh=18d66229351fd1015531274ee1fe8f2f&oe=6003FB5F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kids look absolutely delighted to be training near the first team

Just spotted the gif of Mourinho telling Klopp "Best team lost".

Klopp with a WTF face. Pep lijnder's laughing :pac:

https://twitter.com/Gerrard8FanPage/status/1339342606963269634

Vicxas wrote: »
    Kids look absolutely delighted to be training near the first team

Great photo. Glad to see Matip back

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

He is doing great , super well and ahead of expectations but Stevie buries that chance again Fulham and bends into top corner his drive into the box last night instead of straight at Loris.
    That big match cometh the hour cometh the Man from Stevie is lightening in a bottle and it would be unfair to burden Jones with it .

Was Gerrard doing that when he came into the team first? I'm asking genuinely because I cant remember.

As I said earlier I'm not trying to say Jones will be the next Steven Gerrard, just wondering how their developments compare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Not at 19th, Gerrard only really foind his scoring feet at 24/25

Knocking the bollox out of Mane, more than one cynical foul taking a yellow and going down feigning injury to run down the time. Just what I can think of off the top of my head.

that is done, by most teams when needed to be done.

So is kicking a danger man, and so is killing time.

Do you watch much football? or do Liverpool not do any of the above you mentioned ??

• Advertisement

Was Gerrard doing that when he came into the team first? I'm asking genuinely because I cant remember.

As I said earlier I'm not trying to say Jones will be the next Steven Gerrard, just wondering how their developments compare.

Gerrard had 1 goal and 1 assists in his first 44 appearances over his first two season so I'd say he started off slowly enough.

It was his 3rd season before those numbers start to improve.

Jones has 28 appearances over the last 3 seasons (1 game in 18/19) and has 6 goals and 2 assists to his name.

So if you are going by pure stats and numbers Jones career is starting off better.

Gerrard played in a pretty good team back then as well they went and won the Treble in his 3rd season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

From what I remember Gerrard didn't have any gaps physically even at a young age. He was able to handle himself and was committed.

He wasn't as tactically aware, he often played right back because when he played centrally he would get caught out of position. Probably more than Curtis, but football has changed, that sort of thing is far more prescribed now. Gerrard was also used to being the best player in the pitch by miles at underage. He could afford to do what he wanted. He would get back to being better than everyone consistently in 2004. Playing right back was like serving his time.

He was great at getting by a player for shots, crosses and some passes. Jones is probably better at tight passes, but again priorities in football are different. They could have complimented each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Hello! Hello! Here we go!

Prob a few weeks away yet but still fantastic to see

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1339610128346169347?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Crazy to think that we're top of the league despite genuinely one of the best midfielders in the world only playing a game and a half for us this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Prob a few weeks away yet but still fantastic to see

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1339610128346169347?s=19

Could be a HUGE boost for the second half of the season. Dying to see him play regularly.

Delighted to see. He will be the difference maker in our away games I feel and help turn around our form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Crazy to think that we're top of the league despite genuinely one of the best midfielders in the world only playing a game and a half for us this season.

Not really that crazy in fairness, we did manage to piss the league last season without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Not really that crazy in fairness, we did manage to piss the league last season without him.

yeah but Laporte is not injured this year

That was the first real Premier League game for me this season. A game one could watch start to finish and concentrate on fully. The rest were games one could tune out of easily, this was a proper game.

That was the first real Premier League game for me this season. A game one could watch start to finish and concentrate on fully. The rest were games one could tune out of easily, this was a proper game.

Ya im going to agree there, felt like a proper game and decent atmosphere. I woke the sleeping newborn when Bobby scored, got killed. So worth it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Looks like the sniper in the Kop got Dier for the corner

https://twitter.com/smcg72_/status/1339362819087757313

x43r0 wrote: »
    Looks like the sniper in the Kop got Dier for the corner

https://twitter.com/smcg72_/status/1339362819087757313

If he did that in the Liverpool box he probably would have been given a penalty by VAR :P

So many players concerned with other players, and no one looking at flight of ball except Firmino. I hate that type of defending, loved it last night though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement